Chapter 23 - I don't pity her

In your dreams

John Yung POV-

I was sitting in the staff room preparing what I needed for the next lesson. I felt the couch slightly move besides me. Glancing to my side I saw a young blonde teacher. She smiled at me, 'You must be the new relief teacher? My name is Louisa. It's a pleasure to meet you. If you need help with anything just ask.'

'Thanks, but I think I have everything pretty much settled.' She got up.

'Wait! Can you tell me about _____? No one seems to want to go near her…'

She sat back down again, sighing. '____ was a good student; she has a kind heart and tries her best. She had a good group of friends too…'

'You're using past tense.'

'Like you said, no one wants to go near her. Ever since that day, people have been avoiding her. Because of their treatment towards her, she has started to shut everyone out: which certainly doesn't help her get close to people again.'

'Ever since that day?'

'About a week ago it happened: one lunch everyone was enjoying themselves, she stopped listening to the people who were trying to talk to her and then she snapped. "What the hell do you want from me!?" she said.'

'If you'll excuse me, I have a class to teach.'

I walked outside and got some fresh air. The weather was perfect. I looked up at the sky, where were the others? I looked at my timetable: yr 9 English. Sounds like fun.

 

Before I knew it, it was lunch time. I walked to the senior floor: there she was sitting all alone, listening to an iPod. I walked over and pulled out the earphones, 'If you continue to have it that loud, you'll become deaf.' She frowned at me. 'What song are you listening to anyway?' I placed them at my ears, SHINee's Obsession was playing. She yanked it away from me, holding it close to herself.

She flushed red for a second, 'Laugh if you want.'

'Why? Because you like kpop? SHINee's obsession is a good song.' I said smiling.

Her eyes widened at me. I sat in the chair next to her; I grabbed out my salad and started to eat.

The silence between us was quite deafening.  

She didn't eat, she didn't talk. She sat there the whole lunch staring at the table before her. He really liked to see her suffer, doesn't he? I could feel the stares of students from behind me. I couldn't stand it anymore, 'So… you're not going to eat anything?'

'……'

'____. You really should eat something. Or take a drink of water…?'

'I'm not hungry.'

'Do you want my cake? You can't say no to sweets. You could really sweeten up your mood…'

'No thank you.'

This was more difficult than I had thought.

'Well it was nice eating my lunch with you _____. I have some work to do, see last lesson?'

I got up and walked to the stairs. I noticed some girls approach _____. I hid behind the corner, listening to their conversation, 'You know Mr Yung only talked and sat with you because he pity's you. You really should leave him alone.'

'Why? Are you jealous? I'll have you know that I tried getting rid of him, but he wouldn't hear it and came on his own accord. He also doesn't pity me.'

That’s the _____ I know.

'Wh-ha-a. cheh! You ! You really are insan-'  

I grabbed the girl's wrist. All of them looked surprised. 'I'm sorry but can you please not treat other students so horribly. She isn't insane, and if she was it would be because of you people bulling her. Also I don't pity her; I sat with her because I wanted to. I don't need you telling me what I can and can't do.' 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN- sorry for the long update, been busy again. i'm writing the next chapter now and might also have that one up tonight