Chapter 29 - Sadness

In your dreams

Minho's POV -

Where is she? We had been searching for ages. I looked back at the house. I shouldn't have got angry at Taemin like that. I mean who could blame him? I wanted to kiss her myself, but I've been trying to keep my feelings hidden.

To my surprise, Taemin ran past me. He stopped and ran up to me, 'Minho can you come with me? I know where ____ is but I'll need some help.'

I nodded and he pulled me along. I thought he didn't know where she was.

He pulled me along to the back of the house, he nodded at the ladder. He wanted me to climb that? He didn't wait for me to reply and climbed up onto the roof. I followed.

'Taemin seriously, why are we on the roof? It's dangerous up here, we might slip.'

He ignored me and continued to scale up and down the different parts of the roof, searching for something. _____? No, why would she be up here, it's too dangerous.

I crept up to Taemin, I was worried that the roof my collapse under my weight. Taemin was huddled on something. No, someone. Taemin moved over to the side. I was startled to _____ curled up in a ball, her body wedged between two corners. Her face was so peaceful that I realised that she was sleeping.

Now I could see why Taemin had wanted my help. Carefully, without trying to wake her, we carried her off of the roof and laid her on the couch.

Taemin left her side, 'We should probably let others know that we found her. Look after her while I'm gone.' He breathed.

I nodded. She seemed to be sweating. I placed my hand on her forehead. Her temperature was rising. She'd been out in the cold too long that she had caught a fever. She couldn't stay here.

I placed her in her bed and tucked in her sheets. I fixed a cold face washer on her forehead. She was really burning up. I gazed at her face: her brows scrunching. I heard the door shut and voices enter the house. I wanted to warn them not to wake her but I didn't want to leave her alone either.  

'Ah! Minho.' Key said as I walked up to them, 'Where's _____? Is she alright?'

'She's sleeping at the moment. She has a fever, so I don't want to leave her alone for too long-'

'____ has a fever!?' Jonghyun yelled.

'Shhh~! Not too loud. You might wake her.' I hushed back.

 

We all looked over her. Worry written all over our faces. I could see Key was struggling not to make a big fuss. He knew if he did that he would wake her, but at the same time how could he not worry?

'I'm going to make her some chicken soup' Onew stated as he got up to leave.

I grabbed his arm, 'Are you sure that's it’s a good time for you to eat chicken?'

I could see the determination on his face, 'I said that I was going to make chicken soup for ______. Do you think I was lying? I don't think I'd even be able to eat chicken right now. If I had to, I'd give up chicken to save her.' He went to slam the door shut, but remembered and lightly closed it.

Taemin was changing the face washer again, for the hundredth time. I wanted to tell him that he should let rest on her forehead for a little while before changing it, but thought better of it. I could see the pain in his eyes. It was obvious that he was blaming himself for ____ getting sick. He's thinking that if he didn't kiss her that she wouldn't have climbed on the roof and stayed out in the cold for too long.

I placed my hand reassuringly on his back. He didn't even turn to look at me, just kept changing the face washer as soon as it started to lose the coldness.  

Taemin's POV-

Onew came back with the chicken soup. We sat there until it went stone cold. I looked at her; she seemed to only be getting worse: her breathing became uneven, she wouldn't eat and she started making sounds of pain. I tried waking her, but it seemed impossible.

Everyone rushed to her side. I wanted to cry. I didn't understand what was wrong with her and what could be done to fix it.

'Please.' I silently begged.

The lights flickered. I blinked. A dark shadow loomed over _____. It placed a hand over her eyes, slowly trailing a finger down to her lips and to her heart. The hand wasn't skeletal as I had always thought it would be. So that cloaked guy must be human after all.

_____'s breathing slowed and became even again. Her face relaxed and went back to a peaceful slumber. I let out a big breath of air. In the corner of my eye I could see my hyungs frozen, surprise written all over their faces.  

He turned to me; I got up and bowed to him. He smiled, 'Look after her.'

I grabbed his cloak just as he was about to disappear.

'Thank you.'

He smiled again, this time lonelier than before.

'I don't think you'll be seeing me much anymore. It seems my time will soon come to an end.' Still the sad smile plastered his face.

He went to leave again. 'Wait! Before you go, at least tell me your name!'

He seemed surprise at the sudden question, but decided to answer it anyway. He walked over to me, bent over and whispered in my ear. One word. One name. Then he just disappeared.

'Taemin, what did he say?' Jonghyun asked.

 I knew that he had said the truth. I realised something. Everything was starting to come together. I couldn't tell them. As long as I wanted this to last, if I wanted to see her, I could never tell them.\

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN- feel like im on a roll lately :D <3 happy birthday to Key-umma yesterday! subscribe and comment, enjoy~!