Chapter 24 - Nothing will come of nothing

In your dreams

John Yung POV-

 

'So you guys are learning about Shakespeare's King Lear? Right, so where are you guys up to in the script?'

'Act 1, scene 1, about line 90'

'Thank you. Ok so who wants to volunteer?'

A silence filled the class room.

'If no one minds, I'll be King Lear…'

I smiled as various students started to volunteer.

'I'll be Edmund! I'll be Regan!'

'____ Can you be Cordelia?'

'I guess…'

'Right! "Nothing will come of nothing: speak again."

Silence again.

'_____? It's your turn.'

….

'______!'

I looked at her: she was completely lost in thought. She seemed sad, I guess this issue has been affecting her pretty bad, yet she tries to be brave, acting like there's nothing wrong.

'_____ your next line is "Unhappy that I am, I cannot heave my heart into my mouth…"

I couldn't stand this any longer! I walked over, slamming my hands on the table. She jumped in fright. I glared at her, 'You know, you really should pay attention in class…'

'I-I'm sorry!'

I continued leading her back, until the wall had found her. I stood about a meter away from her, still glaring at her, pinning her to the wall with my stare. I could feel eyes staring at me from behind, it didn't matter if they saw or not. I slowly paced forward: my gaze only upon her. I placed a hand on the wall, cornering her between me. I could see the surprise, fear and confusion in her eyes. I smiled.

'Do you remember that time you were working and I told you about my love triangle? You told me to confess to her, so I did. Though I doubt a confession from an old man would be taken seriously.'

A small tear fell from her eye, 'J-Jonghyun!?'

'Hey baby~'

The disguise disappeared; I now looked the hot self I knew. I felt so happy that she remembered that time; I never thought she would remember. I placed my spare hand to my chest; I could feel the pounding of my heart, a warm and fuzzy feeling.

I could hear students' spazzing out at the fact that I had changed appearance. She was still surprised, her eyes wide.

'I know you're surprised to see me, but are you really that surprised to see me?'

'Why do like making my life difficult? Do you like seeing me suffer?'

'What? I never woul-'

'I'm not talking to you Jjong.'

I looked behind me, sure enough. He was there.

Before I realised what I was doing, I stood in front of _____, holding my arms out like he was going to shoot her.

'Kekeke, pow~ you know why I'm here. It's time.'

'Time for wha- oh. Right. Seeya ____.'

'Wait, what? Why are you going with that THING!? You can't trust him!'

'I owe him…'

'Owe him? Owe him what?'

'He owes me for being able to see you. Nothing is for nothing. And to answer your other question: I guess I do, like seeing you suffer.'  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the long update,

edit- the last line for those who cant work it out is the cloaked guy, im tired. night.