chapter 36 - Feelings

In your dreams

______'s POV-

I groaned at the streams of light hitting my face. Why was it so bright? I chucked the covers over my head and froze: something warm was touching my leg. Warm? Ah! It moved!

Slowly I turned over to see a bundle of hair in front of my face slightly bobbing up and down. As one cue the head started to tilt up, 'Tae-'

'Shhh~' lightly placing a finger on my lips to stop me from speaking further.

'Go back to sleep _____.' He mumbled, 'Umma will come wake us up soon. For now just sleep…'

I sat up ignoring his protests to go back to sleep and looked around me. I was right. This was my room, my room out of the dream. The world where SHINee lived in Korea, being kpop idols. I looked down at Taemin: he was about to fall asleep again.

'Taemin' I whispered, 'Umma isn't going to wake us up…'

'Huh!?' He too sat up: his face widening in shock when he realised that he wasn't in his room in the dream world anymore.

'B-b-but, but how?'

'I have no clue...'

*Stomp* *Stomp* 

Someone was coming!

'Quick! Hide!' I hissed.

Taemin quick jumped up and slid under the bed. Just in time too, for the opened. My mother popped her head in. '_____ I've got to go to work in a minute, can you please hang out the washing while I'm gone?'

'Sure mum.'

'Also…'

'Also…?'

'Nothing, I've got to go, bye! I swear I heard voices coming from here…  Don't forget the washing!'

'I won't!'

*slam* She was gone.

I flattened myself on the bed and peeked under the bed. 'This is cute.' He said, holding an old toy of mine.

'Hey!' I grabbed my toy and placed it back in the bag under my bed.

I watched as he stood up: at least he was wearing normal clothes and not pyjamas. He smiled at me, 'Like what you see?' He teased. I glared back.

He laughed, 'No need to get so offensive about it.'

'I'm not…' I mumbled. 'I want to get changed; can you get out for a moment?'

'Huh. Oh, of course!'

Less than half an hour later and we were leaving my house. I was worried that my brother would wake up and see Taemin. He was the only one home after all: mum, dad and my sister were all working after all.   

I wasn't really a dress person, yet I was wearing a simple white dress. Why? Taemin had picked it out of my wardrobe and wouldn't shut up about it until I put it on. Then he told me I looked cute and feminine. That’s why as we were walking down the street I was grumbling and Taemin looked over the moon.

We found a quiet café and sat down at a table. A waitress came over to us, 'And what can I get you?' her eyes glued to Taemin. 'Umm… What do you want ____?'

'I'll have an iced chocolate.' That girl didn't even pay attention as I gave my order.

'We'll have two iced chocolates please.' He smiled at her.

She looked at me for the first time, 'That'll be $8.40 thankyo-'

'Oh! I'm paying.' Taemin said, handing over the money. She took it and went to the counter.

'I could have payed for that…'

'Hey a gentleman ALWAYS pays for a lady.'

'Since when do you carry AUSD around with you?'

'Never. My Won seems to have turned into AUSD. Funny, huh?'

'Mmh.'

Another waitress came over with our drinks a little while later, and she too was swooning over Taemin. And when he thanked her, she looked like she was going to pass out. Oh wait, too late. And Taemin had caught her in his arms. A man who looked like the manager came rushing over, 'I'm so sorry for her troubling you, I'll take her off of you.'

Her eyes flicked open.

'Are you alright?' Taemin asked worried.

'No, I'm feeling very faint.' Taemin started to prop her up, 'No! Stop! I need to stay like this for a little bit. Otherwise I might faint again.' She glanced over my way and gave a sly smirk. She was lying! She was trying to get close to Taemin! Rage started to fill me up. I could feel myself getting all flustered. I stood up. '____?'

I stomped over to them and yanked the girl out of Taemin's arms. I could feel all eyes on me.

She put her hand to her head and started acting again, 'I still don't feel well, maybe I'll-'

She started to pretend to fall; I noticed Taemin's arms were reaching out to catch her again. I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards me. Then I did something that even surprised me: I grabbed the nearest iced chocolate and tipped it onto her. She screamed, 'WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? MY MAKEUP!' her hands were running all over her face and her makeup running down her face.

'DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY TAEMIN AGAIN' I yelled back at her.

'Why do you care?'

I scrunched my hands into fists, 'B-be-because! I love him!'

 

 

------------------------------------------------

so its been a while hasn't it? like i said i went on a 2-3 week holiday with my family and had limited access to the internet but when i did i didn't have the story with me so i couldn't update. got back and it was all go: trying to find another job, friends wanting to meet up, etc. just found out my score from yr 12 and its... alright... i should be just able to get into the uni corse that i want to, but my score is lower than i hoped and i'm a bit dissapointed. i wrote a bit more than usual to try and make up for all the time you guys have had to wait, thankyou to everyone who has been patient, i hope this chapter is worth it for you. (need to update my other story too...)