Chapter 38 - chat with a dying friend

In your dreams

Taemin's POV-

 'It's him!'  _____ said.

Did she really mean him? If it was, it could only mean trouble. We bolted down the street: I could hear her friends calling out to us, trying to get us to stop. We stopped, down by an alleyway: droplets of blood lay scattered on the ground.

She looked at me and gulped. I could tell that she was nervous, after all, last time she had saw him he was still making things difficult for her, and we hadn't told her about the time he had saved her life.

 I smiled reassuringly at her, but my hand only squeezed hers tighter, 'Let's go!'

As we got closer to the end of the alleyway: the outline of a crouched figure could be seen. The figure flinched and instinctively we took a step back.

'Oh. It's you two.' The voice croaked.

'You're hurt!' ____ stated, moving forwards. Quickly I pulled her back, she eyed me questionably.

'_____, stay here.' I said, letting go of my grip and edging my way over the person.

'B-bu-'

'Do as Taemin says, ____. Taemin come here.'

I continued to make my way to him until I was almost right in his face, 'Is it time?' I whispered worriedly.

'No, not yet.'

'But its close…'

'Yes.' He winced, clutching near his ribs.

He smiled even though the pain he was feeling was obvious, 'Heh! Are you going to still be able to keep our promise?'

I returned with a bleak smile, 'I think you only made it harder for me.'

'Yeah I did, didn't I? Sorry, I didn't really think that through. I guess my feelings just got in the way…'

'So you put me here?'

'Yes.'

'Why?'

'Why else? Because you wanted to be with ____, of course.'

'So do my hyungs…'

'Let's just say that I feel slightly more biased to you.'

'… So, how long is this for?'

'I'm not sure…'

'But you put me here.'

'I know, but I don't how long you will last here for.'

'What about my job? They'll notice that I'm missing.'

'No they won't. You're still there, you'll remember what the other you when you go back to sleep. Just like in the dream world: same rules.'

'Oh. Will I get some kind of warning?'

'No idea.'

'You're really helpful aren't you?'

'Happy to help~! But if I was you: I'd enjoy it as much as possible. Before, it does end.'

I glanced behind me: ____ was standing far away, occupied by her phone.

I looked back at the cloaked figure: he was waving me away, 'Go now, and don't answer any of _____'s questions about me.'

I leant down to him, 'Will you be alright? I mean, you're bleeding, dying to be more precise. I can't really leave you like this…'

'Heh! Taemin: the kind and thoughtful one.'

'But seriously I really thin-'

'Like I said Taemin, go.'

'I can't leave you like this!' I hissed, 'You're dying!'

He just laughed at me, 'Are you feeling sorry for me?'

'…'

'Well don't. I won't be in pain for much longer. In the long run, you, Taemin, will be the one in pain.'

He shakily placed his hand on my chest near my heart, 'In here. In here, you will be in pain. I wanted to ease that pain, but my efforts only made things worse… I'm good at ruining things. If it wasn't for me: you wouldn't even have ever met _____. Hate me, Taemin.'

'But I cannot-'

'I'm a monster…'

'No! You're not a monster, you are m-'

'Taemin…' ____ had crept over, she seemed worried.

'_____, I need to-'

'He's gone.'

'Who?' She pointed to the corner of the dead-end: the cloaked guy was gone.

She held her hand out to me, 'Come.'

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

comment and enjoy!