Chapter 26 - Sweet tofu

In your dreams

It was eating away at me. I knew him? But who the hell is he!?

'Umm… _____...'

Onew was smiling at me. He seemed nervous about something.

'Yes?'

He grabbed my hand and started running. I was so shocked that nothing came out my mouth. I wanted to ask him where we were going, why we were running.

It was getting late, but it was still warm. My bare feet ran through grass, dirt and sand: unknown of the direction it was taking. I looked at the waves as I got pulled along: the last rays of the setting sun glimmered upon the water. It was beautiful.

He stopped.

'Climb please.'  I nodded and climbed up the rocky cliff. Again he grabbed my hand and my feet moved with him. Climbing around rocky walls, he held my hand as much as possible. It'd been more than 20 minutes since he had led me out of the house, and that whole time he had seemed rushed.

'One-'

'We're here.'

W-what was this place? I'd thought before that the ocean had looked beautiful, but this puts that to shame: the crimson and lavender sky, littered with stars as the sun set over a turquoise-aqua ocean which its glimmering compromised with the stars. If that wasn't enough, the cliff was covered hibiscuses of all the hues of a rainbow, their sweet perfume filling the air. 

Onew took of his jacket and placed it neatly on the ground, he ushered me to sit on it. Now I was also feeling nervous, my heart doing laps in my chest. No ____! He's just being nice, no need to get so nervous, just calm yourself and smile.

'Um… why did you bring me here?'

'The view is nice here isn't it?' He asked.

'U-uh! Yeah… I didn't even know that this part of the beach existed. Those colours make me feel like I'm on some different planet. But Onew wha-'

I could feel his warm hand covering my mouth. His other hand beside my shoulder: squishing some of the hibiscuses. He started to blush. I could understand why, after all this position wasn't awkward or anything. Sarcasm intended. Clumsy Onew, even though we were sitting next to each other, he had somehow managed to fall onto of me when trying to stop me from talking.

He just continued to stay in the awkward position and stare at me. He started to lean forward, I scrunched my eyes together.

'Wowowow! I think we’ll love again~'

'Yah!!!'

I felt the pressure disappear. Opening my eyes slightly, I could just make out Onew chasing Jonghyun who was carrying a video camera. I sat up; I must have got up too quickly for my head was spinning. Assessing the situation, I had noticed that they had already gone.       

I picked up everything left behind and ran back to the house.

As I opened the door I was confronted by Taemin, surprised, I dropped everything.

'What happened between you and Onew!?'  

'Nothing.'

'Nothing?'

'Nothing! What was supposed to happen there?'

'Uh, nothing.'

'Which is exactly what happened. Wait… Why do you care?'

'Because…'

With that, he leant in and kissed me.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry i haven't updated for ages. i have a couple of reasons why. school - we have too many assignments for english studies to complete in such little time, similar situation with nearly all the other subjects. other things in real life - lately i've been really sick, still working, having ups and downs with friends and other people i know. inspiration- due to all these things i've been lacking inspiration, i do have plenty of ideas to add, but they are all for later on with the story, and i've been douting my writing again... (english teacher as part of it and worring that no one likes my story...)