Chanyeol: From Heaven to Hell and Back Again

Call to the Sea

Chanyeol's eyes shot open. He tried to move, but his hands were bound behind his back. He still struggled against his restraints even though the action caused him pain. He looked around, the ship he was on was not his own, however, he could see the masts of his own ship not too far in the distance. The rest of his crew made it out and now they're on their way to save their captain. Chanyeol was certain that was the case. It had to be. 

He was proven wrong only moments later when he saw Luhan ordering Tao to “get the other prisoners”. Chanyeol was disheartened for a moment, but he was not yet ready to give up. He growled and began thrashing against the ropes holding him. Luhan turned around when he heard the commotion coming from Chanyeol. When he saw how hard Chanyeol was fighting to escape he couldn't help but smile. This only served to further Chanyeol's will to get out; to get back to Jongin. 

Luhan grinned widely with every step he took towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol was on his knees, tied up, completely trapped and under Luhan's control. Luhan thought it was the greatest thing he'd ever seen. Luhan kneeled down to Chanyeol, who was glaring so intensely at Luhan, the other thought his stare might burn holes into him. “You're all going to die.” Luhan said. “You and your friends.” 

“We all die someday.” Chanyeol replied. 

Luhan smirked. “We’ll kill the replacements first, send their heads to you in a box.” 

“You won't get the chance.” Chanyeol snarled. 

To that Luhan simply smiled a frightening smile and continued. “Junmyeon wants to let you return to your ship.” 

“That sounds like a great idea, let's do it now.” 

Luhan glanced behind him to see Tao practically dragging the remainders of Chanyeol's crew. When he looked back down at Chanyeol, he smiled devilishly. Chanyeol couldn't stop the fear that crept on him in that moment. 

“As you wish.” 

With that Luhan was pulling Chanyeol to his feet and taking out a knife. He cut away the ropes that held Chanyeol, but before Chanyeol was able to use his newfound freedom to murder Luhan, the said man was injecting something into his neck. Seconds later Chanyeol's legs turned to bags of water and he's falling down to his knees. Luhan is holding him, keeping Chanyeol's body close to his own as he kneels down with Chanyeol. “That we found in your bed,” Luhan whispers into Chanyeol's ear as he struggles to fight whatever toxin Luhan put into his body. “He has an amazing body. I'm glad I got the first before he's passed around the ship. I don't do sloppy seconds-or is it thirds?” 

Chanyeol has just enough fight left in him to growl, but not speak. He wanted to scream, punch Luhan in his pretty little mouth for saying such things, but Chanyeol found he couldn't move even the slightest bit. Chanyeol could hear Baekhyun's voice calling his name, but he couldn't look to see him or respond. 

Moments later Chanyeol felt himself being lifted off the ground, by who he didn't know. He was carried a few feet from where he was. Chanyeol couldn't see it, but he could feel it, he was being held over the edge of the boat. Tao was yelling the word “walk” and Chanyeol assumed it was to his crew. He heard sounds of shuffling across wooden boards and chains rattling. He prayed the sound of a splash didn't come next. It didn't. 

Chanyeol was relieved, but he didn't get a chance to fully enjoy the feeling as the next second later Chanyeol was falling. The water felt too cold to him and no matter how he tried he couldn't swim to safety. Chanyeol was prepared for his death. 

His death came rather quickly. It was much less slow and painful than he had imagined it. The heavens were beautiful. Just him, his boat, blue skies and open waters. Chanyeol inhaled the air deeply, taking great pleasure in the feeling of ocean spray lightly hitting his face. 

Just then, the silence in the air was broken by the sound of footsteps coming up behind him. When he turned around he saw Jongin standing there, glistening as beautiful as ever in the sunlight. “Chanyeol?” Jongin called. 

Chanyeol smiled and ran to him. The heavens wouldn't be heaven without Jongin. Chanyeol lifted Jongin into his arms, spun around and kissed him like there was no tomorrow. Jongin put his hands against Chanyeol's cheeks and kissed him back with an equal amount of passion, potentially even more. When Chanyeol pulled away he was still hugging Jongin close to him. It took Chanyeol only a few blissful seconds to realize Jongin was crying in his hold. Immediately Chanyeol was running his hands up and down Jongin's arms, face and hips, trying to find something wrong. “What's a matter?” Chanyeol looked Jongin in the eye, holding his face in his hands as he spoke. “Did something happen? Are you hurt?”

Jongin shook his head and reached a hand up to gently brush against Chanyeol's face. “I thought they killed you. They said I'll never see you again, I just-” 

Jongin's voice was involuntarily cut off by a sob. Chanyeol rubbed his thumb across Jongin's cheek, wiping away Jongin's tears. Jongin smiled just the slightest bit at the gesture. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Jongin, who kept his hands on Chanyeol's chest. They stood in silence pressed together listening to each other's breaths. 

“I wish we could stay like this forever.” Jongin whispered suddenly. 

“Me too.” Chanyeol simply replied. 

“I'll see you again.” 

Jongin was sniffling as he spoke. Jongin took a few moments to gather his words before he spoke again. “Promise me something.” 

“Anything.” 

“Promise I'll see you again.” 

Chanyeol hesitated for a second. He was dead, he knew this. He was thrown into the ocean while paralyzed, he couldn't have survived. There was no way. “I don't know if I can.” 

Jongin looked away from Chanyeol then. Chanyeol's couldn't see it, but he knew that Jongin's eyes were glossy once more. “But,” Chanyeol began, “I swear I'll try as hard as humanly possible to find a way back to you.” 

Jongin looked back up at Chanyeol, noting the small smile that was painted on his lips. “I will always return to you. Forever and always Jongin. This I swear.” 

Jongin nodded, tears began to fall again and Chanyeol pulled him back into a hug. “I don't know what happened. Why I feel this way.” Jongin mumbled. 

Chanyeol thought he should tell him. “Jongin I-” 

Suddenly Jongin was gone. He'd vanished from Chanyeol's arms without a trace. He was nowhere to be seen. Chanyeol panicked and looked all around him. He called Jongin's name once before suddenly he too was transported somewhere. 

There was a sudden flash of light, then everything came into focus. Chanyeol was in Lay’s office. He sat up quickly, his breathing harsh and seemingly impossible to catch. Lay was standing above him and Baekhyun, Jackson, Junior and Jaebum were all standing around him. “W-where-” Chanyeol's voice cut off. 

Lay shushed him and repeated the words “you're okay” to Chanyeol while firmly holding onto his arms. Chanyeol's breathing wouldn't slow down no matter what Lay said. It took what felt to Chanyeol like hours before he could get one word out clearly. 

Jongin