Chanyeol: Your Blood Soaked Letters

Call to the Sea

Chanyeol leapt from his bed, flinging the blanket he didn’t remember putting on, onto the floor as he darted after Baekhyun. Baekhyun led Chanyeol to the main deck, where a raven sat on the ledge of the boat, chirping and fidgeting. “A raven?” Chanyeol questioned.

 

“From Junmyeon.” Baekhyun clarified. “I took the letter, but the bird won’t leave.”

 

Before Chanyeol could comment on just smacking it away, Baekhyun pointed at it and whispered ‘look closer’, and when Chanyeol did he saw something he’d never seen before. The bird had an extra eye on it’s head. It looked around curiously, and bounced along the edge. “What is it?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Where’s Lay?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I went to go get him, but he said that he’s attending to something important.” Junior said.

 

Chanyeol turned to him. “Where’s JB? Jackson?”

 

“Jackson is sleeping, Yixing’s request, and Jaebum is looking for something to capture the bird with.”

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “We don’t let this bird onto the ship anymore than this. Junior, go get Lay, tell him there’s a three-eyed raven here.”

 

Junior nodded and darted off to do as he was told. Chanyeol leaned down at the bird, looking into it’s three eyes closely. They were black, pitch black and Chanyeol couldn’t see anything, but a distorted version of his own reflection. Just then, Baekhyun began speaking again, this time in a slightly more quiet voice. “Chanyeol, there’s something else.”

 

Chanyeol turned to his friend to see him looking down and holding out a blood stained letter. “What is this?”

 

“It’s the letter that came attached to the bird.”

 

“Did you read it?”

 

Baekhyun nodded. “You should read it for yourself. It’s…” Baekhyun’s voice trailed off before he finished.

 

Chanyeol took the piece of paper, unfolded it and began reading the words carefully. With nearly every line his heart sank, but when he reached the end he damn near had a panic attack. The words were ended before the sentence could be completed and in a different messy handwriting Jongin’s name was scrawled across the bottom. There was blood too, lots of it. It was dry, but Chanyeol knew it was fresh, it couldn’t have been put on this paper any earlier than a two days ago. Chanyeol dropped the paper and looked up, panicked, at Baekhyun. “W-why, does it end…”

 

Baekhyun opened his mouth to reply, but was interrupted by the sound of Lay screaming. “Kill it! Don’t speak in front of it! Kill the damn bird!”

 

Quick as lightning Chanyeol pulled a knife from his belt, but the bird was already flying off. Angrily Chanyeol roared at the sky as the bird flew into the distance. Suddenly, before the bird was too far gone, an arrow flew through the sky and shot the creature down, it’s body splashing in the ocean. Chanyeol whipped around to see Junior lowering his bow. “What the hell was that thing?” Chanyeol growled.

 

“The three-eyed raven is the easiest to conjure creature, used by the Seer.”

 

“The Seer?” Chanyeol questioned.

 

“Like see the past, present and future? That kind of Seer?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Lay shook his head. “The Seer can anything and everything. Past, present, future, anything. They often have other powers and they’re very powerful.”

 

“What does this mean?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“It means, Junmyeon has someone damn powerful working with him and it’s gonna take some damn powerful magic to stop him.”

 

“So basically we’re ed?” JB said, coming up from behind Lay.

 

Lay shook his head. “Not exactly… Like I said, the raven is the easiest creature to conjure, it could’ve been the choice because ravens are used to send a message, or,” Lay sounded hopeful, Chanyeol thought that was a good sign. “We’re dealing with a very novice Seer, meaning I just might be strong enough to bind his magic,” he paused, “or at least distract him long enough for us to get onto Junmyeon’s boat undetected.”

 

“Why would need to get onto Junmyeon’s boat undetected?” Chanyeol questioned.

 

“Are you joking right now?” Junior questioned.

 

“No, I’m entirely serious. I don’t want to infiltrate and rescue, I want to face him head-on, and I want to kill him myself.” Chanyeol growled.

 

At that moment Baekhyun stepped in front of Chanyeol and punched him as hard as he could square in the jaw. “The is wrong with you?” Baekhyun snarled.

 

“Wrong with me? You just punched me in the ing face!” Chanyeol growled back.

 

“You really want to act stupid? After all the your goddamned stupidity has already caused?”

 

“What the hell do you mean by that?” Chanyeol growled, his anger already beginning to boil.

 

“You know exactly what I mean.” Baekhyun said lowly.

 

The rest of the crew stood by and watched as the two stood face to face, each other them standing their ground. “Spell it out for me.” Chanyeol ordered.

 

Baekhyun huffed and uncrossed his arms. “You really want me to? Fine. You haven’t been thinking straight since you let that ing kid onto our ship. Every single decision you’ve made has been for him, and it’s put us all in jeopardy!” Baekhyun took a step closer to Chanyeol. “And because of you, six of crew, half of our ing crew, was kidnapped and might be dead!” Baekhyun spat.

 

“Baek, we don’t know that-” Lay attempted, but Baekhyun was quick to whip around and snarl in his face. “I read Jongin’s letter! He said there were only five, on board with him Lay, five. We’re missing six, of our crew.”

 

Lay looked away, he couldn’t argue with that and he knew it. When Baekhyun felt Lay wouldn’t say anything more, he turned back to Chanyeol, who was seething. “Face it, none of this ing would’ve happened if it weren’t for that ing !”

 

Chanyeol lost it. He slammed his fist as hard as he could into Baekhyun’s face, sending him stumbling sideways. Baekhyun, as if he wasn’t hit at all, recovered quickly and sent his own flurry of punches and kicks Chanyeol’s way. It was a match of skill, but both men were blinded by the rage they were holding inside, causing each of their attacks to be just as sloppy as their defence. The brawl didn’t last long, especially considering fighting had awoken Jackson from his slumber, and both JB and Lay were sick of watching the two attempt to hit each other. Jb wrapped strong arms around Chanyeol and Jackson did the same with Baekhyun, each of them pulling the other two apart.

 

Baekhyun’s bruise was beginning to flare up again, Chanyeol had a new one around his upper lip forming and both males had blood dripping from their mouths. They glared, but didn’t approach at each other when they were released. Baekhyun looked back at JB once, then darted off, Junior followed him. Jackson, kept a hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder, it was almost comforting, but when Chanyeol turned around and saw the despair that was lying behind his eyes Chanyeol felt sick. All of Baekhyun’s words sank in suddenly, like a tidal wave crashing over him.


It was all his fault.

 

 

 

Author's Note: I hope you enjoyed all that dialogue!! Imma be honest... I have no clue what this chapter is, or why it exists, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERE YA GO