Chanyeol: I Won't Stop Until You're Safe In My Arms

Call to the Sea

Chanyeol had never ever in his entire life ever, felt more joy than when he saw the reflection of the Soldier of Essos in the distance. The statue was as grand as the tree it guarded. There were stories the statue would come alive when Essos was in danger, but Chanyeol had never seen it, so to him it was just stories. 


Even still as they sailed towards towards the huge fishing village, the statue truly looked like even more majestic than he had remembered. Chanyeol had been to Essos before, years ago, fearsome memories of the trip still haunted him. 


Chanyeol shook his head, that wasn't something he wanted to dwell on, now is to important of a time to be distracted by the past. 


“Chanyeol, he's taking me into the woods… I don't know why or what's gonna happen, but please, please hurry.” Jongin's voice suddenly rang in his mind. 


Chanyeol made an effort to reply, but it didn't seem like it was working. Jongin was gone, but Chanyeol was close to saving him that Chanyeol thought it was definitely going to be okay. So instead of replying to Jongin he thought to himself, "I will never stop until I have found you, until you're here, safe in my arms. This I swear."  Chanyeol wondered if maybe Jongin heard him. 


They were minutes away from docking anyway so Chanyeol decided to call a meeting for everyone on board. They stood in a circle on the main deck, everyone listening attentively to Chanyeol. “This is a quick drop. We're not sticking around any longer than we have to. Baekhyun, Jaebum, you two are with me in finding Jongin, he's in the market somewhere with a mind reader.” 


“A mind reader? How the are we going to get past that when we don't even know who to avoid?” Jackson questioned. 


“That's where I will come in.” Lay answered. “Jinyoung and I will stay aboard the ship, Jinyoung will watch from the mast and shoot anyone who attempts to board, I will be performing a spell that wil-in a sense- blanket any magic within the village. Essos is huge so you'll have to be quick or my magic will wear off.” 


“Then Jackson, you will be with infiltrating the ship that is holding Dara.” 


“What about Mark,” Jackson immediately questioned. “And Bambam and Kyungsoo and Chen and Yugyeom?” he added. 


“That's all on me.” Xiumin said, his first words since Chanyeol had returned. 


“, are you sure you're up for it? That's Junmyeon’s ship, his crew is probably aboard-” Jackson tried, but was instantly interrupted.


“I can handle it.” Xiumin growled. 


“You've been in your room ever since we saved Chanyeol, I don't know how much you really can handle.” Jackson replied. 


“Jackson.” Yixing snapped. “Hold your tongue, he is fine.” 


“But-” 


“No, this is the plan we will not change it.” Chanyeol said. “It's going to work.” 


“That's what you said when Junmyeon attacked us, look how well that ended.” Jackson growled.


Jackson turned away like a pouty child and Chaelin was quick to putting a hand on his shoulder. “Look at me.” she sang, her voice angelic in a way no one else but Chanyeol had heard before. 


Jackson looked as though he wanted to refuse her, but instead he growled and turned around looking her directly in the eyes. “You love him?” she questioned. 


“You know nothing.” Jackson replied. 


“The plan will not fail, we will find all who we are looking for today. They will be saved.” Chaelin said matter of factly, her eyes flashing a glorious green color that most of the crew didn't even notice. 


Suddenly, as though his entire attitude has changed Jackson looked back over to Chanyeol and the others. “Fine, I'll trust this, but if we don't get our crew back, I will regret saving your life.” Jackson said, looking Chanyeol straight in his eyes. 


*** 


They sailed into the port smoothly and docked easy and quick enough. Chanyeol was the first off the ship, Baekhyun and Jaebum quickly darting after him. 


Chanyeol was walking so fast that the two men with him were worried he'd break into a sprint at any moment. He seemed to have a destination in mind, as passed plenty of shops and places Junmyeon had a high likelihood of being inside. “Chanyeol, where are you going?” 


“Into the woods.” Chanyeol replied. 


“Brain letter?” Baekhyun question. 


“Yep.” Chanyeol replied, walking impossibly faster. 


Jaebum was more than confused, but he kept it himself in favor of walking faster after Chanyeol.