Chanyeol: A Gift From the Gods Indeed

Call to the Sea

The storm got worse before it got better. In turn, Chanyeol's fears and anxieties also got worse before they got better, which made his temper flare. He had punched the man who was pouring his ale (in all honesty he didn't even really know why) and he was seconds away from starting an all out brawl when the door to the tavern swung open. Someone burst inside, his breath heavy and clothing soaking wet. "The storm has passed." he said after a moment of everyone staring.

Chanyeol couldn't have been more pleased with the news. He stood up, let go of his hold on the man on the other side of the bar and straightened his shirt. He looked around the bar and his crew members all stood up. "Well?" Chanyeol questioned all the men staring at him. "Don't just stand there, let's go." 

All of the men scrambled towards the exit of the tavern and Chanyeol waited as patiently has possible as they all made their way outside. "Bloody pirate bastards." the bartender murmured under his breath. 

Chanyeol simply chuckled and exited after a fairly drunk and singing Baekhyun and Jackson. 

Outside, the scents of fresh rain and ocean were clear in the air. Chanyeol inhaled delightedly and when he exhaled he practically felt all his worries exiting his body. 

He was at peace, he felt one with the universe in a way. That is until he was nearly trampled by two men riding a horse quickly through the disheveled streets. He had to leap to the side of the road to avoid the wild riders. "Watch it!" Chanyeol yelled at the men, though they probably didn't hear him. "Jeez... The hell is-" before he could finish his sentence something ran into him from behind. 

When he first hit the ground he was incredibly angry. He would even go as far as to say he was pissed at the situation. He just wanted to get to his ship, be out on the water again and feel the cool breeze blowing through his hair, but no. Instead, he must deal with now wet and dirty clothing and the beginning of a raging headache. No, this was certainly not good for his nerves.  

He heard loud sounds that soon registered in his brain as someone repeatedly saying 'sorry'. Chanyeol was ready to cut off the head of whoever ruined his perfect unity with universe when he rolled over and stood up. The other man was already on his feet and he looked confused about how to handle the situation. "I am so so so sorry. I didn't mean, I didn't see you, I was just, they stole my horse and my stuff and they were on that boat and I'm just really sorry..." his voice trailed off and he looked down. 

Chanyeol wanted to scream as many profanities as he possibly could at this kid until a cloud suddenly moved just enough that the sun was finally fully revealed again. It's rays caught on this kid’s golden skin and dark soft looking locks of hair and Chanyeol suddenly lost his ability to speak altogether. 

Chanyeol was silently staring at the kid until he finally looked up. His eyes seemed to be sparkling and Chanyeol had to force himself to speak. "Where are you from?" was the only thing he could muster. He instantly regretted the harsh tone that left his mouth. 

The kid stuttered but eventually he found his voice a few seconds later. "I'm from the Great Plains Nation in the North. I-I rode here on my horse because I wanted to see...the world..." he looked down again mid sentence, a beautiful pink fanning across his cheeks. 

Chanyeol wanted to stay mad, he really did. He wanted to stay on task of being upset that this kid who knocked him to the ground and dirtied the brand new silk red shirt he just bought from some island in the south. Instead he became distracted at how flustered the boy was in his presence, how cute he looked right now and most importantly, how God damn beautiful he was. 

Chanyeol shook his head and decided to end this conversation here before he said something he'd regret. "Well, good luck kid. Hope you get your horse back and get to see the world. It's a big and beautiful one." 

Chanyeol was walking away when he heard the kid call out to him. "Are you a pirate?" he asked. 

Chanyeol turned around and smirked before he turned away again to run back to his ship, leaving the kid alone. 

When he reached his ship he was glad to see that everything was in the exact condition he left it in. Nothing looked out of order or damaged, they could finally leave this cursed place. 

Baekhyun walked up to Chanyeol with a look on his face that Chanyeol knew all too well. Before Baekhyun could speak Chanyeol shook his head. “Don't ruin the moment for me. Just say that we're set to leave and all you need is my approval.”

“I can't say that just yet.” he replied. 

“Well why not?” Chanyeol growled. 

“Don't freak out. We can still leave.” 

“Baekhyun, if you don't spit it out I'm going to punch you so hard you'll be spitting out teeth instead of words.” 

“Someone stole your star-gazer.”

Chanyeol looked up quickly. “The one from the eastern lands or the one from Heechul?” 

“Eastern lands.” 

“Then why are we still here?” Chanyeol yelled, clapping and waving his hands. “We have to get it back come on let's go!” 

Everyone heard him but no one followed him out of confusion. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and instructed everyone to watch over the ship and prepare to set sail, while he finds Chanyeol and talks some sense into him. That trinket was more than likely long gone by now. Baekhyun would buy him a new one when they travel back that way again. 

When Chanyeol reached the town again he looked around. Who would be dumb enough to go onto his ship during a storm and take his things? Chanyeol couldn't find anything around that was incriminating at first glance. Then it hit him, that kid earlier said the people who stole his horse (bandits probably) were on a boat. Maybe it was the Black Pearl. Damn I am smart. Chanyeol thought to himself. How am I going to catch up with them? I don't have a… In that moment Chanyeol saw a man untying a large majestic and glorious dark colored horse. A gift from the gods in a time of need. Chanyeol thought. 

The man was preparing to mount the stallion but Chanyeol needed it more. Chanyeol darted over, pushed the man out of his way and leapt onto the horse, announcing his thanks as he grabbed the reins. The guy was shouting for him to get down but Chanyeol was already riding in the direction he saw the bandits go earlier. No one steals from a pirate and gets away with it.