Jongin: Lies of the Heart Become Truth of the Mind

Call to the Sea

Author's Note: I don't know if this is really needed, but I'm putting it here. *THIS IS A WARNING* There may be some triggering stuff in this chapter, so read at ya own risk. Viewer discretion is advised. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin followed behind Zico, trying his best to keep his form tall and fearless. The heated gazes of everyone on the ship followed him as he walked, burning into his back almost painfully. Jongin tried to ignore them as he walked, the whistles and yells, but it grew harder with every step. He felt his face heating up and Jongin knew he was probably sporting a pretty shade of pink and he wanted to bury his face in his hands and run away as fast as he could. He knew this wouldn't be possible though, so he kept his head high and his eyes forward.

 

When Zico finally stopped, Jongin nearly ran into his back. Zico placed his hand on the doorknob and turn back to Jongin, his gaze was destructive. “Don't open your mouth when we go in here.” Zico growled, opening the door.

 

Inside seemed like an office of some sort. Jongin looked around, staring at everything that was surrounding him. There were tiny windows all around the room, a desk covered in papers across from the door and shelves lined the walls; all of them filled with books and small trinkets. Suddenly, from seemingly nowhere, a man appeared.

 

Jongin recognized his form, the way he held himself as he made his way over to him. Jongin felt the need to retreat, to run away, to escape from this situation as fast as possible. The dark features this man possessed, the sword strapped at his waist, along with the thing cut running across his cheekbone confirmed his thoughts; his fears. This was the man who promised he would destroy Chanyeol's happiness.

 

The man was circling around Jongin while Zico stood silent a few feet away. The man did not touch, but he gently, slowly, moved his hands to trace over Jongin's arms. Jongin heard a hum coming from the man behind him. Just then, the man's face was far too close for Jongin's liking, his breath fanning across Jongin's neck and ear. “You truly are beautiful.” he whispered. “I can see why Chanyeol wanted you around.”

 

Jongin growled and quickly stepped away from man, turning around to face him. “Don't you dare say his name!” Jongin snarled.

 

The man chuckled and straightened his posture. Before Jongin could speak any more someone, presumably Zico, was grabbing at his throat from behind and choking him. “I told you not to speak.” Zico growled lowly in his ear as he tightened his grip.

 

The man put his hand up and almost begrudgingly Zico released Jongin from his deadly hold. Jongin went into a fit of coughing the moment he was released. He hated how weak he thought he must look at this moment as he fought his body to regain his composure. “Beautiful, but feisty too.” the man said.

 

“I can take care of that. Just give me one night with him, he'll learn his place.” Zico said.

 

The man tore his eyes from Jongin and looked over his shoulder at Zico. “If you're in need of something to play with, Jiho, you just got your favorite toy back. Go play with that as much as you please, but you are never to touch this one.”

 

“Suho-”

 

Just then man -Suho- had his hands suddenly on Jongin's shoulders and was spinning his body around. “Take a good look at him, then press this firmly into your memory.” he growled.

 

Jongin's body was pulled flush against the body behind him. Jongin could feel the other behind him grinding in such a way that made Jongin release a whimper in fear of what would come next. Suho made a groaning sound from behind Jongin as he continued his motions. Suho held tightly on Jongin's chest, keeping his body in place as well his hip, pulling back and down every time Suho's hips ground upwards.

 

Zico made a growling sound of his own and Jongin could tell it was not one of defeat, but of lust and jealousy. “Do you understand me now? This boy is mine. Any touch will result in you losing your hand.”

 

Zico nodded his head, but kept his eyes glued to the situation in front of him. Jongin felt tears welling up in his eyes, but he forced himself to ignore and hold them back as much as possible. He didn't want to look any more weak in front of these people. “Now get out.” Suho growled.

 

Zico looked as though he had to force himself to look away. Thankfully when he did pull his eyes away he darted out of the room in a quick manner. The moment the door to the room shut behind Zico, Suho released Jongin, who damn near ran the few feet he could, away from Suho. Jongin glared at him as fiercely as he could manage, but Suho just smiled as though he were staring at a puppy. “You should get used to it. Maybe even learn to like it. It'll be better for everyone that way.” he said.

 

Suho turned away and Jongin didn't reply. He didn't know how. “Anyway, back to the important business at hand,” Suho continued, “I have five of your friends locked in cages beneath deck and I will not hesitate to torture them in front of your eyes if you choose not to do exactly as I say. Just be obedient and everyone will remain safe.”

 

When Suho turned back to Jongin, he was holding a piece of paper in his hand. He raised it up a bit before he set it down on the desk beside him. He pulled out the chair and gestured for Jongin to sit. Jongin thought of declining, but when Suho growled the word “come” Jongin thought it'd be best if he did as Suho wanted. Jongin pushed himself off the small table he was leaning on and walked somewhat slowly towards the chair and desk. When he sat down Suho pushed the chair in and set down the necessary tools for writing a letter down in front of Jongin. “I'm giving you this opportunity only once as a show of good faith. You can write anything you want to Chanyeol and I will be sure that it is delivered.”

 

“Chanyeol's dead?” it was more a question than a statement and Jongin hated the way he sounded. So hopeful.

 

Suho let out a breathy laugh. “No, he's perfectly fine. The intention was not to kill him, but to scare him. His crew did as I thought and saved him from drowning.”

 

So Chanyeol was telling the truth in his dreams... but how did he really know? Jongin thought. “I can say anything?” Jongin asked.

 

“Anything.” Suho confirmed. “No limits.”

 

Jongin nodded and looked back down at the blank paper in front of him. He swallowed his fear and picked up the quill. “You have three minutes to write.” Suho said, from behind him.

 

Jongin hesitated just a second before he began writing.

 

Chanyeol,

I am on the Black Rose. The captain has told me

there are five others here with me, but I haven't

seen them. I don't know why they're letting me

write this, but I'm so afraid. The captain has told

me that I will be safe, but I know it's not true.

I don’t know how much longer I have. They're

going to kill me, or worse. Chanyeol, I'm

begging you to find me. Please find me befor

 

Just then, a knife was plunged into Jongin's hands. He cried out at the feeling, but he screamed when Suho ripped the thing from his hand. Jongin attempted to pull his hand back, but Suho grabbed his wrist and held it over the paper, until plenty of drops had seeped into it. Suho did not release Jongin even as he decided that there was enough blood on his letter. Instead, Suho tightened his grip and pulled Jongin up from the chair, knocking the thing down in the process. “W-where are you taking me?” Jongin cried out.

 

Suho didn't respond, just continued to pull Jongin out of the room and through the ship.


Jongin knew he wasn't safe, but he let his guard down and now he's going to die.