Chanyeol: Two Storms

Call to the Sea

Chanyeol didn't hesitate when he saw how uneased Jongin's form still was, even after Chanyeol placed him in his bed (which he knew for a fact was larger and more comfortable than everyone else's). Jongin didn't seem to care though, so he crawled into the bed and wrapped his arm around the other and held him as close as humanly possible. He felt Jongin physically relax in his hold, which made Chanyeol feel infinitely better about his current situation. 

Something washed over Chanyeol suddenly, he really couldn't explain what had gotten into him even if he tried, but he when he was certain Jongin was asleep he leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to the others forehead. “Tomorrow may end in terror so tonight, hold me in your dreams as I will you in mine. Sleep well.” 

With that Chanyeol allowed himself to also let sleep wash over his tired and achy body. 

***

When the sun had first risen Chanyeol was awake and alert. He left Jongin's peaceful sleeping form to go check on the ship. Just as he'd hoped, the rest of the crew was awake and actively repairing any damages. The ship didn't take much and their extra sail seemed to do the job of replacing the old one quite nicely. Chen and Baekhyun both smiled at Chanyeol when he passed them to go towards the bow of the ship. The sun was shining, the sky was clear and the water was even and smoothly rolling against the ship. Everything was perfect this morning. Baekhyun approached Chanyeol after a few minutes of Chanyeol taking in the early morning breeze. “What's the status on Junmyeon’s ship?” 

“He's retreated. He won't be coming around here anytime soon. We're safe Yeol.” 

“You haven't used that nickname in a while Baek.” 

“It's a special occasion. For the first time you did something stupid and it ended up okay. You'll go back to being my little Chan-Chan soon enough so don't worry.” 

Baekhyun smiled as he turned his head, noticing something. He smiled wider when he looked back at Chanyeol. Looks like you're busy, I'll go help the others.” 

Chanyeol stuttered completely confused about what Baekhyun was going on about when he suddenly spotted Jongin. He looked absolutely radiant in the shimmering light of the sun, illuminating his beautiful golden skin. 

Jongin smiled sweetly with every step he made towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol could do nothing more than silently stare and admire the god that walked towards him. When Jongin reached he wrapped his arms around the others neck and Chanyeol noticed he was lightly giggling. “Are you just gonna stand there with your mouth open or are you going to kiss me good morning?” Jongin said. 

Chanyeol didn't waste a single second more. He put a hand on the side of Jongin's face and leaned down and pressed a kiss firmly against his lips. They were like that for sometime until they both pulled away for some very much needed air. 

“Good morning.” Chanyeol said after a moment of the two staring into each other's eyes. 

“It is, isn't it?” 

Jongin had his body pressed against Chanyeol's and Chanyeol had his arm around the others waist, holding him close. They looked out at the endless blue sea, smiling together. Chanyeol couldn't have been more happy. 

Suddenly the moment was interrupted by the sound of thunder. Chanyeol looked around, but the sky was still clear, not a cloud was in sight. He shook the thought away, but then it happened again. There was the sound of thunder clearly filling the air, but no signs of a storm could be seen. Chanyeol swore he heard Baekhyun yelling something, but when he looked to his left he saw the other happily chatting away with Xiumin. Chanyeol heard it again, much louder this time and suddenly he heard what sounded like something on his ship crashing and breaking.

Just then he sat up quickly, sweat was all over him and he felt sticky. Jongin still lay sleeping next to him, which made Chanyeol release the breath he didn't know he was holding. He looked out the window to see rain pouring down hard on the ship, a second later Chanyeol saw a flash of light and thunder cracked across the sky. He heard what was clearing Xiumin screaming, “Where there is Chanyeol?” and that's what made Chanyeol leap from his bed as quickly as he could. He grabbed the sword he always kept by his door and was about to run out to find out what the hell was going on when he remembered something important. He turned around quickly and set a dagger down next Jongin's sleeping form. He kissed the younger boy’s head and whispered, “Keep dreaming of me, even if I don't return.” With that Chanyeol was running to the main deck.

***

Blood was everywhere. Chanyeol saw bodies practically littered around his ship, none he recognized however, so that put some of him at ease. It wasn't much, but it was enough that Chanyeol wasn't frozen in terror. He looked around, watching his crew all fight with various types of weapons, slicing through the crew of a neighboring ship. Chanyeol heard the sound of an arrow whizzing past his head and when he turned he saw another dead body fall to the ground, an arrow buried deep in his chest. Chanyeol looked up behind him and there was Junior perched on the fore top, shooting away at anyone he could who wasn't apart of their crew. 

It all happened so fast, but Chanyeol knew what was happening. Junmyeon had finally returned after all this time, and he was out for blood. Junior quickly climbed down from his position and ran to Chanyeol. “What's going on?” Chanyeol asked, even though he knew the answer. 

Junior was soaking wet and Chanyeol looked down only to see he was too. “Junmyeon finally attacked. He's got a lot on his crew.” 

“Where are the others? Why aren't we home?”

“We had to board the other ship, Junmyeon's men took the children along with Chen and Mark.” 

“He got Mark back?” 

Chanyeol was stunned. He never thought this could all happen while he was asleep. He wanted to return to his dream. He wanted to breakdown. He wanted to cease to exist. He wanted to kill Junmyeon and everyone on his ship. 

Without further word to Junior Chanyeol was storming over to Junmyeon’s ship. He was ready to kill them all. He began, masterfully swinging his sword at anyone he saw that wasn't apart of his crew. Within the span of fifteen minutes four men were dead. Then suddenly Chanyeol was struck in the back of the head from behind. He stumbled forward, but regained his footing quickly. When he turned around around he was met with a completely soaked and smiling Kris. Chanyeol glared at the older man as he charged him. 

The heat of battle was a lot. Chanyeol was tired, he ached from the previous night and he was already cut in various places. He's never been able to take Kris in a fight before and the blindness his rage and the rain were both causing surely weren't helping. 

Before Chanyeol could really do more than swing his blade in Kris’s direction, Kris was punching him hard in the jaw and kicking, and kneeing his stomaching, then punching him hard over and over again. Chanyeol was suddenly being forced down to his knees as blood blurred his vision. He was still able to look up, even as Kris was wrapping some piece of fabric around Chanyeol's throat. Chanyeol clawed at the thing that was choking him to death, but his eyes never left the sight of his crew members being overtaken by the seemingly endless numbers of Junmyeon's crew. 

Darkness entered the edge of Chanyeol's vision and slowly spread through him until his eyes were shut and everything was gone. No pictures. No sounds. No Jongin.