Jongin: Deleted

Call to the Sea

Jongin nearly had to run to keep himself from tripping as Suho pulled him through the ship. He was taken into small room and basically thrown onto a small, but comfortable bed. “Lay down, on your back and don’t look away from the ceiling.” Suho ordered.

 

Jongin hesitated. He didn’t want to be so pliant in a situation like this. Suho snarled at the disobedience being shown and pushed down on Jongin’s shoulder, hard enough that pain shot through his entire arm. “Move and I’ll bring on your friend’s head to you on a platter.”

 

Jongin whimpered and turned his head so it was facing upwards. He kept his eyes glued to a small stain on the ceiling. Suho climbed on top of him and pulled his uninjured arm above his head and puffed it to the wall. The other arm, that was still throbbing in pain and leaking blood all over his body, but Suho was cautious to make sure none of it made its way onto the bed. “Lift your head up.” Suho growled.

 

Jongin could feel tears in his eyes again, but this time he didn’t bother stopping them from falling as he lifted his head off the mattress. Suho pulled something over Jongin’s eyes and tied it in the back of his head. Jongin was completely blind, even when he forced his eyes open, he saw nothing but darkness. His tears came harder, even more so when Suho climbed off of him. He whimpered at the pain that shot through him, when Suho lifted his hand and placed it onto what felt like a table next to the bed. “Don’t move unless you’re told to and don’t speak at all. I don’t want to hear a word coming from you, I’ll be listening outside so don’t forget. Do you understand?” Suho growled.

 

Jongin nodded weakly. He could hear the sound of footsteps retreating and the door shutting. Jongin let out a breath thankful Suho was gone, but even still he cried as silently as he could in fear of who would come back. He couldn’t see anyone, he couldn’t see anything, it was horrifying to him. Jongin laid there on the bed, tears gently rolling down his cheeks for a seemingly immeasurable amount of time.

 

Suddenly, much to Jongin’s dismay, the sound of the door creaking opening filled the room. Jongin whimpered and nearly curled in on himself when he heard the sounds of another person in the room hastily walking towards him. There was the sound of a chair scratching across wooden floors, immediately followed by someone sitting then grabbing Jongin’s injured hand lying on the table. There was a heavy sigh, just then and Jongin nearly cried out when the person turned his wrist around. “By the Gods…” muttered a voice Jongin didn’t recognize. “This is a nasty wound. Awful that Suho decided to do such a thing like this… Don’t worry though, I’ll be sure to fix you right up. Good as new indeed.”

 

Jongin didn’t reply; Suho was listening. “So,” the man’s voice continued. “What’s your name?”

 

Jongin didn’t reply, but more tears did make their way down his face. “I’m Youngjae. I can understand if you’re afraid to talk to me, but if it’s because Suho told you he’d be listening, he’s not. He never does, he doesn’t care, he just wants to sound scary.”

 

Jongin shook his head the slightest bit. This had to be a test or a trick or something, Jongin knew it and he wasn’t going to fall for it.

 

Jongin heard the sound of ruffling for a few seconds and then he felt something freezing cold being applied to his wound. It felt amazing for a couple of seconds, but then suddenly it burned. Jongin nearly let out a wail and tried to yank his hand back, but it was being held in place. “Oh…” Youngjae muttered. “That’s not good…”

 

Jongin took many deep breaths and his tears rolled down his face faster. There was more ruffling, but Jongin didn’t register it as he was too consumed by the pain flowing through his body. About one minute later Jongin felt something being peeled off his hand, and the pain was gone as though it were never there. “Does that feel better?” Youngjae asked.

 

Jongin remained silent other than a few whimpers he kept to himself. “Look, Suho isn’t here, he won’t know and I definitely won’t tell him, but I need you to answer me.”

 

Jongin stayed silent. Just then, there were so many sounds. A chair scraping across the ground, footsteps walking closer to Jongin, something heavy being tossed onto the end of the bed and finally someone sitting on the edge of the bed right next to Jongin. Jongin’s breath quickened against his will. “Relax.” Youngjae said.

 

Just then, Jongin felt his head being lifted and the blindfold being taken off. Light flowed into Jongin’s eyes, temporarily making him feel blinded until everything came into focus. “Better?” Youngjae asked.

 

He was pale, his hair was dark and his smile was friendly and warm. Jongin didn’t like any of it, it made him feel even more afraid. ‘The nice looking ones are the worst. They make you think they’re all sunshine and rainbows but deep down they murder animals and play with their bones…’ Krystal told him that once.

 

Jongin missed Krystal.

 

“See, no Suho.” Youngjae’s voice brought Jongin back into reality.

 

Jongin looked around and there was indeed no sign of Suho, but then again, things aren’t always as they appear. “I promise you are safe.”

 

“I’ve already been told that. It ended in me getting stabbed.”

 

Youngjae smiled, pleased at Jongin’s talking. “Well I can assure you, that won’t be happening again. I’ll be sure to make sure Suho and the rest of this crew never harm you. You’re a guest and should be treated as such.”

 

Jongin scoffed. Guest… More like prisoner. “No, guest.” Youngjae said.

 

Jongin quickly looked back up at Youngjae. “H-how did y-you-”

 

“I can read your mind. I can’t control it though, sorry. Thoughts just pop into my head sometimes.”

 

Youngjae smiled awkwardly and chuckled just as awkwardly, as though this moment was weird for him. “Zico can read your mind too, but he can control it. I don’t know why I’m telling you that, I probably shouldn’t have…” Youngjae’s voice trailed off for a moment. “Anyway,” he yelled, excitedly. “I have to finish treating you, but you don’t want to be treated, subconsciously or consciously it doesn’t matter, the magic never lies.” Youngjae pointed at Jongin as he spoke. “Here…” he grumbled, leaning over to uncuff Jongin’s wrist.

 

Jongin was beyond thankful his arm wasn’t chained to that damn wall any longer, but the cost of that frightened him more than he could describe. “Below deck, those are your friends right?”

 

Jongin nodded shyly, worried what his answer would mean. “Good, I’ll take you to them. That would make you feel safer right?”

 

“U-um…”

 

Jongin was scared Suho wouldn’t approve. Youngjae waved his hand in dismissal. “It’ll be fine. He wanted you to be healed and I can’t do that unless your body wants it. You have to be in a better state of mind and I think seeing they’re all okay will help put you there.”

 

***

 

As it turns out, Suho didn’t care what had to be done so long as Jongin was treated and back up to 100% by the end of the day. Youngjae led Jongin down some tiny and steep stairs to a hallway of cages. Jongin recognized the slumped over form of Bambam in the very last one. Jongin ran to the younger and immediately stuck his through the metal bars to tap his shoulder. Sehun was there too, along with Chen and the other two flocked over to Jongin. “Oh my god you’re alive!” Chen said, probably too loud.

 

Jongin nodded. “Where’s everyone else?” Jongin asked.

 

Sehun nodded his head, behind Jongin and when he turned he saw Yugyeom and Kyungsoo lying on the ground, curled up next to each other. “They’re asleep, you shouldn’t waken them.” Chen said.

 

“But they’re the only other people who are here. Chanyeol was never here, and Jackson, Baekhyun and JB were taken away a couple days ago.” Bambam added.

 

“They’re okay, the captain told me they were released back onto the Black Pearl, he wants them to be afraid for us. Think we’re dead.”

 

Chen growled at the information. “That’s ing sick…” he snarled.  

 

“What about Mark? They just took him last night. Do you know if he’s okay?” Bambam asked hopefully. “Is he with you?”

 

Jongin stuttered, confused at the younger boy’s hopeful expression. “I-I-”

 

“Well? Is okay?” Sehun said.


“W-who’s Mark?” Jongin questioned.