Jongin: To Be Brave, To Be Strong, All To Find You

Call to the Sea

“Be brave.” Chanyeol whispered.

 

Jongin awakened by the feeling of someone slapping his face. Before he had time to process what was going on, he was roughly pulled from his place on the ground to his feet. He didn’t remember how he got here or even where he was, but he knew he was off of Chanyeol’s ship. Fear was already sitting low in his stomach, but seeing the man standing in front of him now made that fear rise up until it was spread all over his body.

 

He didn’t speak at first and Jongin felt to paralyzed to say a word. The man’s fiery red hair seemed to be glowing in the dim light that surrounded the two of them. Jongin was unsure of what day it was and that unsettled him more than anything. His eyes were dark and clouded over by something Jongin couldn’t understand. The clothing this man wore seemed expensive, but looked like something only someone from lower regions would wear. He had on a puffy white shirt that was ripped in various places along his arms and hung low, showing off his collar bones. His pants were red on one leg and black on the other. Jongin hated himself for having the thought, but this man looked beautiful. Jongin hated it so much that he decided he looked crazy, not beautiful.

 

The man smirked devilishly and leaned so close to Jongin, he could feel his breath. “Thanks kitten.” he whispered. “One day I’ll show you more.”

 

Jongin shuddered out of fear and attempted to take a step back, but he was being firmly held in place. “Who are you?” Jongin, (surprisingly to himself), growled. “Where am I? Where’s Chanyeol?”

 

The man chuckled and let go Jongin’s arm and took a step back. Jongin rubbed the place the man had been holding but didn’t move from where he was standing. “My name’s Jiho, but if you ever call me that I’ll rip your throat out with my bare hands, you can call me Zico. You’re currently aboard the wondrous ship known as the Black Rose.”

 

Jongin knew that name. He knew this situation was going to get bad if it hadn’t already. “As for that last question… He’s dead.”

 

Jongin shook his head and turned away. “No really, I helped kill him myself. It was actually rather easy, all I had to do was throw him over the edge of the boat. It took all of about three minutes for him to drown.”

 

“I don’t believe you.” Jongin said.

 

Suddenly Zico was behind Jongin again. Too close. “He’s dead.”

 

Jongin sniffled some, but pulled himself together enough to hold his tears in and turn around. He wasn’t taller than this man, but he wasn’t shorter either, which made Jongin feel much less afraid. “What do you want?” Jongin said, his voice low and strong.

 

Zico chuckled and wrapped an arm around Jongin’s waist and pulled him close. “I want you.”

 

Jongin couldn’t move, but he didn’t have to. Zico let him go and backed away. “But, captain says no gets to touch you. So instead, I’ll just take you on a walk.”

 

He pulled Jongin’s arm, forcing Jongin to walk and almost trip over his own feet. “Let’s go.” Zico growled.


Jongin followed behind Zico, but he damn sure wasn’t going to be obedient. Jongin wasn’t afraid, he was brave.

 

 

 

~~~

Author's Note: Unedited. I didn't even try to read over it. Not once. Completely raw, horrible writing right here. 

Doesn't matter because It's here and it's Tuesday!.. and it's hella short. Sorry this chapter ended up being so short, but I honestly couldn't think of anymore and it felt like a good way to end it.

Questions, Comments, Concerns, feel free to contact me... Hope y'all are having a berry wondrous day, Thanks for reading!