Jongin: I'm Still Thinking Of You

Call to the Sea

The panic settled quickly. Fear gracefully entered every single person on the ship and settled for quite some time, even after the fire was dealt with. It burned through much of the sails, but thankfully the crew reacted fast enough that the fire couldn't spread to the rest of the boat. 

Jongin was filled with fear when Chanyeol grabbed his arm tight enough that Jongin assumed it would bruise and then pulled him away and into his bedroom. Jongin was alone in Chanyeol's room as his potential doom was on the rise. He could smell burning wood and see smoke arising into the clouds when he looked out of the tiny windows above Chanyeol's bed. He even thought he could see the glow of flames reflecting in the water. Judging by how the almost black looking water seemed to be lit up for miles, Jongin prayed to the Gods he wasn't seeing things correctly. 

He hadn't seen, as Chanyeol told him not move and Jongin didn't want to disobey the other, but he had heard that Bambam and climbed up on of the masts and cut part of the burning sail down so the others could pull it down and throw it into the ocean. Jongin didn't understand how any of this was possible, but then again, he knew nothing of boats. 

When the ordeal was finished and over with, tension on the boat had risen. Chanyeol didn't return to Jongin for what felt like hours; it probably was hours when Jongin thought about it. He came in looking burnt. Ash was sprinkled atop his head and his face, arms and hands were smudged with black. Jongin immediately ran up to him and hugged him as tightly as he could. 

Chanyeol was shocked at first, and first lasted for a whole minute at least. He only begun to hug back when he realized Jongin wasn't yelling or attacking him for leaving him alone and when he felt Jongin's entire body tremble. He was crying. 

Jongin didn't exactly know why he was crying. Fear, anxiety, worry, more fear, we're all tumbling around inside him. He felt these feelings for the ship, for his life, for the life of the crew, but he found that most of his brain and body's attention was focused entirely on one person. Chanyeol. Jongin spent however long in Chanyeol's room, sitting on Chanyeol's bed worrying immensely for the other. Jongin couldn't help but feel overly relieved when he looked up to see Chanyeol's sweaty and clearly tired form standing in the doorway. 

When Chanyeol hugged Jongin back, he squeezed the younger gently, but tightly. He too wanted to breakdown and cry for hours. This was all his fault, he knew that, but as he felt the warmth of Jongin's body against his, he didn't care. He knew that if he continued this way, so recklessly, Jongin could end up hurt. Or worse. It didn't matter to him because Jongin was looking so beautifully into his eyes. 

Jongin could see that Chanyeol's eyes were searching his. Jongin could see they were conflicted, but he still allowed his hands to gently rise up and place his hands on both sides of Chanyeol's face. He let his fingers grace under Chanyeol's eyes and across his cheekbones. Chanyeol didn't lean into the touch. He was too afraid Jongin would run away in fear if he did. So he let Jongin continue to brush across his facial features. He ran a couple fingers down his nose and over his lips. Chanyeol even closed his eyes when Jongin brushed his fingers ever so gently over them. 

Jongin's hands wandered down to his neck, over the scar that lived there, down his chest, tracing every defined muscle he could find under the shirt Chanyeol was wearing. Chanyeol suddenly praised the gods that the large heavy leather jacket he had on was certainly flammable, because Jongin was so close. “You never answered me earlier.” Chanyeol said suddenly. 

Jongin didn't look up, he continued to draw small circles on Chanyeol's arm. “You didn't ask a question.” Jongin simply replied. 

They were silent again for another short while. This time, Jongin spoke up first. His hand was touching a scar that rest on Chanyeol's arm, just above his elbow. “Why do you have so many scars?” 

“I don't know.” Chanyeol replied, not sure what else he should say. 

“You need to stop getting hurt.” Jongin said, wrapping his hands around Chanyeol once more. 

“I'll try.”

“I'm serious. I can't stand it. It hurts me. I don't know why, so don't ask. I just-please-” 

His voice cut off as he was filled with tears once more. He began sobbing into Chanyeol's chest, practically burying himself as Chanyeol held onto him. Jongin could feel the safety that practically radiated off the other and it helped to calm him, but not enough to stop his tears. Before he could register it, Chanyeol was lifting Jongin into his strong arms and carrying him to his bed. He set Jongin down and Chanyeol placed his favorite fuzzy blanket over Jongin's body. Jongin seemed to approve of the action, but his tears didn't cease. Jongin turned from other, assuming he had things to do other than tend to the mess that was Jongin. 

He definitely thought he was right when he didn't hear any sounds after that. He decided he'd cry himself to sleep tonight. Just then, Jongin felt a dip in the bed and warm, strong arms encircling him. Chanyeol was there, pressing his body against Jongin's. Almost immediately, Jongin felt so soothed and calm, he forgot everything other than Chanyeol. He could feel the hands of slumber gently taking him away.