Jongin: My First Time, Your First Time, Our Last Time

Call to the Sea

After his encounter with Chanyeol Jongin made the decision to stay as far away from him as he could. Jongin hate the fact, but Chanyeol seemed dangerous to him. There were alarm bells ringing in his head to avoid the man while on this ship if he wanted to leave in one piece. 

Mark was there through all this. Mark listened to Jongin talk for what felt like hours about Chanyeol, never once complaining. Jongin appreciated the others company more than he could put into words. Jongin truly hoped that when he left the ship he and Mark could still continue their friendship.

Jongin also found himself making small friendships with others on the ship as well. Bambam, Sehun's and Yugyeom were all often together and all often smiling. They approached Jongin first knowing the other wouldn't make the effort. The three seemed to have set out on a mission to make Jongin laugh as much as possible, because that's all they did when they were in his presence. 

Jongin found himself getting more and more used to this ship and its crew. Jongin wasn't sure what it was, but there something inside him that made him want to stay. Jongin thought it was a completely unreasonable notion, especially considering that the captain of the ship hates him. Besides, Jongin wanted to see the world, that's how he ended up on this ship in the first place. Though the more he thought about it a ship would be a great way to get around the world… 

***

“I call bull!” Baekhyun yelled, pointing at Xiumin. 

“No, it's true.” Xiumin replied, smiling widely. 

Baekhyun scoffed. “We were docked for maybe six hours and you expect me to believe you went out, got laid, came back, got drunk and then had a ?” 

Xiumin nodded and his smile grew impossibly wider. “All without anyone noticing you were gone?” Baekhyun added. 

“No one notices when Bambam disappears with his not-boyfriend whenever we dock.” 

“That's because no one wants to accidentally see Bambam and Yugyeom ing each other.” 

“It's obnoxious.” Kyungsoo added. 

Bambam repeated what Kyungsoo had said in a mocking tone, causing everyone around to laugh or at least giggle. The laughter however, was contagious and those barely smiling (even Kyungsoo), had erupted in laughter. Jongin laughed along with everyone, leaning against Mark as he did. 

Jongin turned his head as he laughed, catching sight of Chanyeol’s glaring eyes staring into his. Jongin was uncomfortable at the intensity of the stare, but just as soon as it was noticed it was forgotten thanks to Mark’s voice pulling Jongin from his thoughts. 

***

That night, just as it had been for the past three nights, Bambam spent his time elsewhere and allowed Jongin to have his bed. So, when most everyone had retired to their rooms, Jongin and Mark did as well. 

They were sitting on the floor across from each other, Mark leaning against his bed and Jongin leaning against Bambam's. “I just don't understand what I've done wrong.” Jongin said. 

Mark nodded and shrugged, grabbing a piece of the chicken from the bowl they stole at dinner. “Chanyeol is weird. I was kind of afraid of him when we first met. Then again, I was afraid of pretty much all people back then…” 

“Why is he keeping me on the ship if he doesn't want me here? I heard Lay telling him that I didn't have to stay until Chansai, that we could've docked before then.” 

“Chanyeol can be...distant, at times, but he's a really good person under all the pirate-ness. He probably just wants to make sure you're okay before he allows you to just leave.” 

Jongin nodded. “Besides, he saved me and he didn't even know me. He literally brought me back from the brink of death. Chanyeol had no reason, but he rescued me from hell, gave me a place to sleep and food to eat.” 

Jongin pondered this information for a moment. He wanted to know more about what happened to Mark, no one on board spoke about it and Mark seemed to only bring it up when others weren't around. Jongin didn't want to pry or seem rude but the curiosity within him was strong. He took a few more moments to very carefully calculate his words. “Can I ask you a question?” 

“Yeah of course.” 

“It's about…” Jongin's voice trailed off, nervousness and doubt ceasing his curiosity enough. 

“It's about what happened before Chanyeol found me right?” 

Jongin shyly nodded, looking down at the ground. Jongin didn't look up to see, but he could feel Mark smiling shyly and he could hear him shift his position just the slightest bit. Jongin was just about to apologize when Mark spoke up first. “It was years ago.” 

Jongin glanced up just a bit to see Mark's face, which looked almost blank. Mark was looking off into the distance somewhere as he began recounting his memories. “I was about fifteen or sixteen. It was a normal day, I had run off with some friends and we were playing near the harbor. Our village was suddenly attacked. It all happened so fast no one had time to defend themselves. There were pirates who raided through everything. So many people died, my friends died. I hid behind a barrel, which was stupid because they saw me immediately. They dragged me kicking and screaming onto their ship…. Black Rose, was its name.”

Mark paused and nodded, as if he was confirming his words.

“I don't remember any faces but one; the captain of that ship. I never heard his name, not once, they all called him captain whenever I was around. I never faced them, I was never allowed to face them, which was better for me. The captain though, he wanted me to see his face, he wanted me to remember him.” 

Mark pauses and Jongin wants to tell him he doesn't have to continue, but he begins it seems words are falling deaf ears. Jongin sat back and listened as Mark continued. “There was always someone… The only breaks were when the crew left the ship to go pillage some other village. I spent most of my time in a back room, tied to the wall. Some other slaves would come in and clean the blood up and give me water or a piece of bread whenever they could. I felt dead inside. This continued for three years. Then one day, a... session was interrupted by crashing. I could barely keep my eyes open when Chanyeol and Jackson burst into the room.” 

Mark gave an awkward half smile. “Being and beaten, I found myself so embarrassed, which should've been the last of my concerns, but it was the only thing that weighed heavily on my mind in that moment. Jackson was the one who wrapped me in a blanket and carried to me to Lay. You know Lay, he was kind and I don't know why but I trusted him.” 

Mark finally looked up at Jongin. “I could've left a few weeks later, but I had nowhere to go. Chanyeol offered me a place on the ship and I took it. That was the end of that.” 

Mark shook his head and sniffled, like he was trying to hold back tears. Jongin had no words, so he simply sat up and crawled over Mark. Jongin looked at the other for a split second before he pulled him into a hug. Mark allowed himself to return the hug, tears freely falling down his face now. 

The two stayed that way all for quite some time. When Mark finally did pull away, he wiped his tears away and shook his head again. “I'm sorry.” he whispered. 

“You shouldn't be.” Jongin replied, smiling at the other. 

Mark returned the smile as he looked into Jongin's warm eyes. “We haven't know each other very long.” Jongin said suddenly. 

“I know.” 

“You've been so kind and sweet to me. Always smiling, making me feel comfortable.” 

Mark blushed a bit. Both of them were only vaguely aware of their surrounds, however they were extremely aware of every place their bodies touched. Mark’s hands rested on Jongin's hips and Jongin's hands rested on top of his. They were each sitting on their knees, one of Jongin's in between Mark’s, making a pattern of Mark, Jongin, Mark, Jongin. “You're really cute, it's hard not to smile at you.” Mark replied. 

Jongin giggled and Mark smiled wider. “I think I really like you.” Jongin said. 

Mark paused in his movements, looking down for a moment, then back up again. “Jongin?” 

“Yes…?”

“Can I kiss you?” 

Jongin was taken aback, but he wasn't as surprised as he thought he'd be. Jongin swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat and nodded. Mark moved one of his hands up to the nape of Jongin's neck. Jongin shyly tilted his head and closed his eyes, raising his hands to rest on Mark’s shoulders. Butterflies filled every inch of his body with every breath and motion each of them took. 

When Mark pressed their lips together, Jongin felt warm inside. Jongin thought Mark had soft lips and Mark thought the same. There was an innocence in the slide of lips against lips. There was no heated and intense lust behind their kiss. It was simple, sensual and full of passion. Perfect for the first time, each of them thought. 

They pulled away, some amount of minutes later, breathless and smiling widely. Neither had the words to say, so they just leaned against each other smiling like fools.