Chanyeol: Fight The Storm When It Comes

Call to the Sea

“You've got to be ing kidding me right?” Chanyeol growled. 

Lay rolled his eyes and continued watching as Chanyeol tossed his bed sheets and pillows all over the floor. He picked them up and threw back on the ground again; a soundless action that helped take the edge off the rage. When that wasn't enough however, Chanyeol took to grabbing the dagger that he kept tied to his thigh and tossed it at the thoroughly used board leaning against the wall farthest from the door. 

After about thirteen angry throws of the weapon into the piece of wood Lay pushed himself off the door he was leaning on and took a step towards Chanyeol. “Are you done yet?” he asked. 

“Do I look done to you?” Chanyeol snarled, hurling the blade in his hand into the weapon once again. 

Lay took a deep breath, tired of all this uselessness. When Chanyeol pulled the knife from where it stuck in the board and stepped back, Lay took the opportunity to rip the thing from his hands. Before Chanyeol could use his larger frame to pry in from Lay’s hands, Lay threw across the room behind them. 

Angrily, Chanyeol swung first. He hit Lau square in the jaw with enough force to send the other practically flying towards the ground. Lay wasn't in the mood for this, but he also wasn't allowing Chanyeol to do such a thing and get away with it, even in their current situation. Lay straightened his body and as Chanyeol made the move for the knife on the ground, kicked his leg outwards, knocking Chanyeol onto his stomach with a hard sounding thump. Chanyeol growled and stood up again, swinging another fist at Lay’s face. This time, completely aware of Chanyeol's actions, Lay stepped to the side, grabbing Chanyeol's wrist and pinning it behind him. “Enough with this ! You're not helping anyone!” 

Chanyeol yelled and struggled to free himself, but Lay had nothing short of a death grip on his arm. Chanyeol knew for a fact that just because Lay was primarily a man who healed injuries, didn't mean he couldn't create them himself. In fact, the way Lay held his wrist in the air behind his back Chanyeol knew, one wrong move and his arm would break in three separate places. Lay was right, this wasn't worth it. 

When Chanyeol voiced that thought Lay released his arm, while pushing him onto his bed. “I'm sorry.” Chanyeol grumbled a moment later. 

“Whatever, we have bigger things to focus on right now then your temper.” 

Chanyeol didn't respond. Instead he rubbed his now slightly sore arm and looked to his left away from Lay. “Chanyeol!” Lay snapped suddenly. “Five days. Five days until we collide with them. What are we going to do?” 

Lay sounded genuinely concerned when he spoke, which in turn put a worry and fear in Chanyeol unlike any other he'd felt. Chanyeol knew these feelings showed on his face and he knew Lay could see them, but he didn't care. He was silent for a few moments longer. “I don't know.” he whispered. 

Lay nodded his head. “He has a ship, a crew, a reputation, why can't he leave us alone? What more could he want?” 

“You know what he wants.” Lay said. 

“What he wants doesn't exist. He says he wants to steal my happiness, my love, he can't. Not unless he can put the entire ocean into a box.” 

Lay didn't reply, and his silence acted as a guide for Chanyeol's thoughts. He realized it then. “How does he know?” 

“He might not. Once he sees him though, he'll use him as some sort of leverage.” 

“You're bound. Whether you like it or not. Jongin still has to make a choice. You can tell him and he can reject you for Mark and we can allow both of them to leave the ship before we collide with the Black Rose. They're far enough off that we could dock in Southern Isles of Amarice and get back on course for Chansai without them even noticing. It'll hurt you, but Jongin will feel nothing. Him and Mark will be safe.” 

Chanyeol thought about it. It was the right decision, the smart decision, it was what he should do, this is what he had to do. It wasn't what he wanted though, and Chanyeol was never selfish. He deserved this one opportunity to put what he wanted before everything else. Chanyeol knew Jongin felt it too, whenever he looked into the others eyes, he knew Jongin felt these feelings. He wouldn't reject Chanyeol of he just had a chance. 

“Jongin isn't leaving my ship. I will protect him.” Chanyeol stated. 

“Chanyeol-” 

“No. I've made up my mind. I'm not losing him before I even get a chance to have him.” 

“He's not yours to have.” 

“He is. I feel it.” 

“And what of Mark? They'll kill him. Or worse, take him back.” 

“That won't happen. I won't let it.” Chanyeol said, absolutely sure of himself. 

Lay did nothing but sigh in defeat. His captain wouldn't change his mind, no matter how many times Lay told him this would end with blood or it wouldn't end at all.

When Lay turned to leave he thought of the boy aboard their ship. Chanyeol does deserve him. He thought. Neither of them may know or understand this, but they're destined for each other. I know it. I've seen it. Lay didn't voice these thoughts out loud. 


~~~

Author’s Note: This is kind of a short, confusing, probably horrible chapter, and it's not Tuesday, but here it is. The next chapter will be full of ChanKai feels so stay tuned for that!! (I don't know why this here… I just felt like I should tell y'all what's up.) N-T-way I've drafted the crew of Black Rose, so I'll hint to some of them people's I'm ze next chapter, also I'm gonna tell y'all who is all on the Black Pearl, just cause I don't think I have yet… I'm bad at writing, but thanks for reading anyway :) Your comments give me life and I appreciate all ya views big time <3 !! OH AND SIDENOTE, I wrote all this on my phone while sitting in the sink of a hotel bathroom at two in the morning so I'm too tired to edit it so sorry for mistakes that are definitely there somewhere