XXX: Reaper

Call to the Sea

She watched from the background as the hooded figure continued staring into the black mist that nearly eclipsed the already clouded images scattered about her own mind. “Death is on the horizon.” it said.


 

It's voice was a horrendous mixture of thousands of other distorted voices mashed up together. The sound was low, but seemingly loud and it sent chills down her spin that were nearly impossible to hide. She swallowed around the fear, anger, and pain that was built up inside her and spoke. “What do you see?” she asked.


 

The hooded figure made a disgusting chuckling sound and waved it's hand over the cloud of mist. “I don't have time for games. I've got a ship to find and people to kill.”


 

“Death is on the horizon.” the creature repeated as he continued the motions of his arm.


 

She growled, this was becoming obnoxious. She needed answers and she needed them now. People's lives depended on it. “Do you know where I can find The Black Rose or not?”


 

The creature stopped moving his arm. “The ship is sailing along the Black Waters.”


 

“.” she muttered as It continued.


 

“The one you seek is aboard the ship, There was a pause, an uncomfortable silence for a moment. “But, will not be for long.”


 

“How long?”


 

“Death is on the horizon,” another pause, “And you are out of time.”


 

Before she could object or fight for more answers, the hooded figure dropped it's hand and suddenly she was back in Chansai, standing in the back of the tavern, watching a bunch of drunken pirates fight, yell and laugh with each other.


 

Angrily she looked around the tavern, attempting to find her contact. Of course, he was gone and it was just her luck that a rather giant storm began brewing outside, prohibiting her from leaving. Just then, she was approached by a short dark haired man sporting a rather unpleasant drunken smile. “Hey.” he slurred.


 

She rolled her eyes, scoffed and crossed her arms. “I'm not interested.”


 

“Not even in with me?”


 

She looked him up and down. “Especially you.”


 

He made an awkward growling sound and turned around, back to a table with his friends, who all laughed at him and his rejection. She decided if she would be stuck here, she would at least be drinking. She pushed herself off the wall and walked over to the bar and sat down one chair away from a fairly tall dark haired male. He was approached not long after she ordered her drink by a blond haired man. The two exchanged some amount of dialogue in a hushed tone, before the shorter blond one went back to his drinks. She looked up at him and watched as he looked back and forth, agitated, at the door and his crew. “You're the captain of this batch?”


 

“Seems shameful in light like this, doesn't it?”


 

She chuckled and took a swig of the cheap liquor in her cup. “So you are a pirate?”


 

“Something like that.”


 

She noticed he looked at her up and down. She knew how she must have looked; her lip split, her cheekbone bruise, her all black clothing covered in dirt and most of it ripped, the knives strapped to her body. It was all messy looking, possibly even frightening. “You're what? A hunter?”


 

“Something like that.”


 

The man next to her chuckled and she smiled while taking another sip.