Chanyeol: Begin

Call to the Sea

“I already told you I don't know!” she yelled. 


Chanyeol growled and tossed his glass of ale at the wall, shattering it completely. Chaelin didn't even flinch at the action, instead she simply rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. “Like that's going to help.” she said. 


Chanyeol wanted to hit her, something he found he wanted to do quite often when in her presence. “I've let too many of my loved ones slip away. I'm a failure, pathetic and disgusting.” 


“You saved me from Jay Park.” 


Chanyeol glanced at her. “I said my loved ones are gone.” 


Chaelin scoffed and even gave a small smile. “Good to see you're still able to make jokes.” 


Any hint of happy that was in Chanyeol's features was gone. He looked murderous and angry again, which was something Chaelin couldn't afford if she wanted Dara home safely. “Hit me.” she said suddenly. 


Chanyeol looked at her scoffed, the most forced and fake looking smile playing on his lips. “What?” he questioned. 


“Hit me.” Chaelin nearly ordered. 


“No.” Chanyeol replied, looking away again. 


Chaelin was quick to drop to the ground and sweep her legs perfectly under Chanyeol's, knocking him down to the ground. He growled and yelled some angry unintelligible words and attempted to get up. Chaelin, kicked his arm away causing Chanyeol to remain in the ground. He looked up at her, the most hateful look on his face. “Stop.” he snarled so viciously Chaelin almost thought about listening. 


But there were more important things than Chanyeol's anger, so Chaelin smirked and sent a kick flying towards Chanyeol's face. He ducked under it and quickly stood up before she could continue literally kicking him while he was down. “Stop.” Chanyeol growled again. 


“You stop.” Chaelin snarled back. “This whole throwing yourself a damn pity party about how much you , isn't working. You wanna get your sister, your lover, your crew back, you need to get up and act like a ing man.” 


Chanyeol growled at her and tightened his fists at his sides, but made no move to attack. “You keep acting like a , you'll get treated like a . Everyone- Jay Park, Junmyeon -both of them are walking over you, taking the people you want to protect and what are you doing about it? Sitting here whining. Now get your together and hit me!” 


Chaelin swung a fist at Chanyeol, who immediately ducked down and sent his own fist flying back at her. Chaelin was quick to block each and every one his attacks, hitting him over and over with her own. Chanyeol sent another fist flying which Chaelin smacked out of her direction, causing Chanyeol to stumble forward. “Stop acting so angry.” Chaelin said.


“What do you mean acting? I am angry!” Chanyeol yelled back. 


“And? Do you think I'm not? I was assigned to protect Dara and I failed. She's missing, gone and I have absolutely no idea where she is or how to find her and that pisses me off-” Chaelin kicks Chanyeol hard in the face as she talks. “It pisses me off more than I can say.” she takes a breath and steps back, a sign she's done fighting. “And I could spend all the time in the world being angry and upset about everything that I've done wrong that led to Dara being taken, but I'm not. Instead, I'm using that anger to stay calm, to have a will to fight and find her.” 


Chanyeol looked up at Chaelin, the most sad puppy look in his eyes that Chaelin had ever seen in her life. “Use it Chanyeol, don't let it control you.” 


***


Chanyeol heard him first during his rescue mission to save Chaelin from Jay Park. He remembered it clearly, his voice, the sound of fear and pain that was laced with every word. Jongin thought he was going to die and Chanyeol was incapable of helping him. 


He prayed for hours after Jongin's voice had faded from his mind. He wanted to hear it again, he needed amount of assurance that Jongin was okay. The plan to save Chaelin almost failed, he was so distracted. 


Luckily, she's a more than capable girl and the second she realized Chanyeol's crew was there she took care of the men guarding her before Chanyeol had to. 


Now however, Chanyeol was alone; no mission, no people, no distractions, his entire being was completely and entirely focused on reaching out to Jongin. “Jongin. If you can hear me say something, anything, please.” 


Silence. 


“Jongin, I'm here, I'm coming for you.”


Silence. 


“I've begun my plan to find you and rescue you and so far, everything's working out on my end. I know it might sound weird, but we have the ocean on our side. I will find you.”


Just then Chanyeol heard his name. “Jongin?” 


“I don't have much time. He's letting me off the boat. There's a giant-I mean giant-white tree with red leaves in front of what looks like a fishing village. There's a sign with with a soldier holding a shield near the tree and by the gods it's so hot. I have to go, I'm with a man who can read minds; Youngjae.” 


Without another word Jongin was gone. Chanyeol chuckled to himself and smiled as he stood up for his place on the ground. He was damn near ready to jump for joy at the thought of finally, finally, finding Jongin. He had to tell the rest of his crew. 


Chanyeol ran to the door leading out of his room, opening it to find Chaelin, ready to knock. “Chanyeol.” she said, almost surprised. 


“Chaelin, I've got great news.” 


“Me too.” Chaelin replied, smiling. 


“I've found Jongin, he's in Essos, the fishing village.” 


“So is Dara.” 


“You found her?” Chanyeol asked, his excitement growing into an almost uncontainable amount. 


Chaelin nods her head, “She's on a ship that just docked there. I sensed her so I did a tracking spell, but I can't get an exact location without getting closer.” 


“Then we sail for Essos. I'll tell the rest of the ship.”