Jongin: Waking Up To A Nightmare

Call to the Sea

Authors Note: Hi friends, there's some stuff in this chapter that may or may not be triggering, so read at your own risk. Just as a forward, the end of the chapter (the last 5 paragraphs or so) are important to the story, but don't necessarily need to be read to figure out what's going on. Do whatever suits you. Viewer discretion is advised

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin awoke to the sound crashing. The boat was rocking roughly and it was making him feel sick. He sat up in the bed, everything was dark, all the lights were out and it was nighttime still. Or was it again? 

Jongin could see shadows moving towards him, it looked like a person. “Hello?” he called, trying, but failing to keep the fear out of his voice. “Chanyeol? Is that you?” 

Suddenly light filled the room. There was a person standing directly at the foot of the bed, staring at Jongin and holding a small lantern. He was dirty and smiling, his teeth were all yellow and black and many of them were missing. “Sorry kid, no Chanyeol here.” his voice was like sandpaper when he spoke. 

The man's eyes were filled with something Jongin couldn't decipher, but they were dark and hazy looking. He his chapped and blood stained lips while looking all over Jongin's form. Jongin felt even more sick. “Look at you,” he said, setting the lantern he held down on the ground. “On a bed already… Heaven sent you are.” 

Jongin swallowed around the lump in his throat, it did nothing to ease him however and he still stuttered in fear. “W-what are y-you doing? W-who are you?” 

The dirty (and seemingly giant) man began climbing upon the bed. Jongin kicked at him, while saying the word no over and over. “Stop it!” he yelled, to which the dirty man just chuckled.  

“Stop moving kid.” the man growled, clearly annoyed by Jongin's struggling.  

Jongin scrambled around and suddenly felt something cold touch him. After a moment more of feeling, he realized it was a knife. Chanyeol hadn't left him unprotected. He grabbed it and swung the blade towards the man. The thing stuck deep into the man’s arm, causing him to yell out in both pain and anger. The man slammed his fist at Jongin, hitting him square in the jaw and knocking him over. Jongin screeched as loudly as he could when the man grabbed his ankles and roughly pulled him back onto his back. 

The blanket that was once covering Jongin was fiercely pulled away and thrown to the ground, Jongin could now very clearly feel warm blood dripping onto him. He cried and screamed and struggled against his attacker as much as he could manage, but nothing seemed to matter. He was easily overpowered by this guy. “Don't cry so much,” the man said, wiping at Jongin's tears. Jongin jerked away from the touch.

The man was sitting on top of Jongin's thighs and holding his arms above his head with one hand. Jongin let out a loud sob when the man’s free hand traveled down his chest. “It'll only hurt for a minute. I'll make it good, I promise.” 

Just then Jongin's hands were released so that the man could undo the belt still tied around his waist. Jongin took the opportunity to immediately send his hands flying at the man's face, his nails scratching away at his attacker’s face. There was blood, Jongin felt it and at that he was proud. However, it was all short lived as the man had swung his fist at Jongin once more, hitting him hard enough two times that Jongin's vision blurred and he felt too dizzy to move. He had lost. 

Jongin barely registered the feeling of being turned over onto his stomach, his hands being forced back up over his head again sometime in the process. There were calloused and bloodied hands pushing up his shirt and taking time to caress his back. Jongin tried to block it out. 

He did however, note the feeling of warm wetness wash over him a moment later. Seconds after there was a thud. Jongin waited in his position for some amount of time before he dared turn his head to see what had happened. He registered that there was blood all over his back and hands and that his attacker lie dead on the ground, missing both a hand and a head. 

Jongin felt sick again. He couldn't decide if it was from the horrid rocking of the boat or from the sight in front of him, but he thought that it didn't matter considering there was another man standing over the dead body of his attacker with a bloodied sword. The man above the body had dark hair, dark eyes, seemingly strong features and he was shorter than Jongin, but that's really all Jongin could see in the dim light, but he knew he wasn't from Chanyeol's crew. “Are you a or do you mean something?” he asked. 

“W-what?” Jongin stuttered. 

“Are you a ? Or does Chanyeol care about you?” the man repeated. 

He took a step closer to Jongin, who was trying to sneakily feel around for the blade he knew was still in the bed somewhere. By the time the other had taken three steps, Jongin's hand was tightly wrapped around the hilt of the small blade. “Answer the question or I'm going to finish what he started and I'll make sure it hurts more than it has to.” 

“I don't know.” Jongin replied, fear laced in every word.

“You're in Chanyeol's bed, but you don't know?” 

“I've only been here for a little while. T-there was a fire, that's why I'm in here.” 

“A fire?” 

Jongin swore he could see the hint of smile on the man's face. “Yes, some parts of the ship do look a little burnt.” 

“W-who are you?” 

“An old friend of Chanyeol's.” 

“Are you here to help? What's going on?” 

The man chuckled and raised his weapon. “No, little bird, I'm not here to help.” 

Jongin gathered up as much courage as he could and leapt from the bed towards the man. He watched himself get one good hit to the guys face when he swung the dagger he had towards him.  The end of the blade swiped across the man's face, just under his eye. He put his finger up to his face, touched the wound then looked at the blood on his fingers. He smirked and looked back up at Jongin. He kicked Jongin hard in the stomach, which caused him to fall to the ground on his knees. “I'm here to destroy Chanyeol's happiness.” 

Before Jongin could register his words, much less react to them, he was struck in the side of his head with the hilt of a sword.