GRATEFUL

Weakness & Strength
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Journey back home is a complete silence. Neither of us want get out from the awkward situation. As usual, he is eyes focus on the road more than anything. While I stare out the window gazing blankly to the view. On the way back, we pick up the dinner and for the first time I bring him to my small house.

He help me to  unpack all the dishes. "What time she will be here ?" he ask me. "Around 8:30. We have less than 15 minutes to go." simple my reply to him. 

He come closer to me, I put all my guard up. In case, he want to do something inapproriated to me. He take out a red velvet box from his pocket. He open the box,  revealing a simple ring. Much more simple one that my wedding ring. 

"Hand." I give my left hand to him and he slip the ring on my middle finger.

"What for ?" I ask him.

"Engagement ring, you need this to cover everything up." a smile is my only response.

"Umm, Sehun I dont want my aunt to know about our deal. She is one of the main reason I accepted your offer. So she can no longer worry about as she know I'm going to be okay with my husband." he nod as he know what I meant. 

"So what do we tell her about us ?" Good question Sehun. Should I just tell her the truth ?

"I think, we should we just tell her how we met . The we met again because of the note as you want to thanked me personally." He remain silent . I assume he get it.

"What if she ask us how we turn up this way ? I mean how we agreed to settle down ?" this time I'm the one who ask.

"Just go with my flow, I'll tell.." he couldnt finish his words as we heard a loud honk infront of my home. They must be here already. Taking a deep breath, I walk away from the dining table to my doorstep. I turn around and look at Sehun, " You can wait in the living, I'll lead them to you. We'll just go with the flow, okay ?" I remind him of his word. "Okay." he show me a small smile.

The moment I open my door, my little cousins run to me and hug my lower body.  Even the highest Hana, still at same level of my waist. So I have to bent down a little to reply their hug. Aunt Jiwon and Uncle Minho walk slowly from the car unlike their children. They smile from afar. "Let's go inside !" I said the elder couple reach my doorstep. I'm holding both of the twin while Hana stand quietly beside me. 

From my doorstep to the living room it takes like  7-8 steps. So I take the chance, to tell them someone is waiting for them . I dont want them to super once they see the famous Oh Sehun in my house. Especially Hana. "Guys, actually I want you to meet someone. Someone special to me. " Aunt Jiwon face brighten up upon my words. As they all know, I never have someone special before. Actually, I still dont. White lies casually.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter