9: Torn

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In someone's fight for love, the parents are one of the worst enemies one can ever have. It's hard to push through a relationship when a member of the family of that person you love is against you. It's like a battle between life and death wherein sometimes, because of how difficult it is, people are often forced to give up. This kind of unfortunate situation is currently what Kim Jaekyung is going through.

After Jessie Jung told her the truth, the once decisive girl turned into an indecisive one. There are two options running on her mind - let him go or make him stay. And no matter how hard she tried to search for the answer, looking for the right decision was like digging into the earth's core. It has only been eight months since she accepted Jessie as her boyfriend. Those months were filled with nothing but happiness, too much to the extent that she thought it's going to last forever. But after hearing her boyfriend's revelation today, she was proven wrong. Jessie Jung is not yet the happiness that she's looking for.

"Noona! What are you doing? Get inside! It's raining!" Shouting at her was her brother Jaehyun. But no matter how many times he told her to get in, Jaekyung remained standing under the rain in the hopes that this will help her ease the pain that she's going through. However, it didn't. It only made her feel worse. It only made her feel more broken than she already is. "Jeez! You're not a kid anymore. Look at yourself. You're all wet. You're going to catch colds because of what you did." While helping her dry her hair, Jaehyun kept on nagging at his sister. He also made himself busy by preparing a warm cup of tea. "Here. Drink this."

Jaekyung thanked her brother before taking a sip of the warm drink. At the corners of her eyes she can see him staring at her, prying for an explanation as to why she drenched herself in the rain. "I'm okay Jaehyun. I just want to go back to our childhood days so I decided to play under the rain."

Jaehyun raised his brow. He's not buying his sister's explanation. "Play? I don't think you were when you simply just stood there, noona. Tell me honestly please. What happened? I received a call from Jessie telling me to come home soon to look after you. From the looks of it, it seems like something happened between you. So tell me...what is it?"

Her younger brother is like a mother to her. He loves her just like how much Jessie loves his twin sister. This similarity the Jung has with Jaehyun became one of the reasons why Jaekyung fell in love with him. "Jessie told me that his parents want him to marry Yoona after highschool. It's been planned since he was a child. His parents made that agreement with Im Yoona's parents."

Jaehyun was speechless when he heard Jaekyung's answer. He could imagine how hard this is for her and he feels sorry that his sister is in this situation. "I don't know what to do Jaehyun. I love him so much. As much as possible I don't want to let him go. But it's his family we're talking about here. They'll be ruined if I'll choose to continue with this relationship. It's a hard decision to make that is why I'm so confused right now."

Jaekyung burried her face on her palms and cried. The only help Jaehyun can offer her at this time is to lend his shoulder for her to cry on.

 

 

Placing fifth among a hundred students is more than enough to cast a proud smile in someone's face. But even if Jessie Jung managed to make this big leap in his first year at Sirin, this achievement wasn't able to make him smile. Standing in front of the students cheering for him and receiving a medal and certificate all failed to cheer him up. Yoona thought the reason for Jessie's behavior is that he fought with his girlfriend. Jaekyung didn't show up in the ceremony so the girl was prompted to make that assumption. Little did she know that she is part of the reason why Jessie Jung lost his captivating smile.

"Jessie are you okay?" Since she couldn't take it anymore, Yoona took the courage to ask Jessie what's bothering him. "You never smiled during the program and said nothing during dinner. I'm worried about you. Can you tell me what's going on?" Yoona stood beside Jessie who's staring at his reflection at the pool. He said nothing to her nor did he spare a glance at the woman beside him thereby making Yoona more worried. "Jessie please. I'm your friend too. You can tell me anything that's troubling you. That way I can think of a way to help you."

Only after that statement did Jessie look at her and said,"There's nothing you can do about it Yoona. Neither of us can." He turned his back and left the doe-eyed girl wondering what it is that both of them can't solve.

After a few days of hearing nothing from Jaekyung, Jessie decided to visit her again. But to his surprise she's not in the house anymore. The guard said she had just left. She and her dad are now on the way to the airport. She's going to study overseas, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter