10: Just A Crush

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Magic is a phenomenon that only the characters in a fictional world are capable of doing. Because in the real world it could only be done with the use of deception. But in Im Yoona's case, she believes that it happens for real. Just a moment ago she was this girl looking so fragile and hurt because of a man she loves but doesn't feel the same way for her. But in the presence of that man's twin sister, all the pain her heart felt was gone into thin air and was replaced with a fluttering heartbeat she once experienced during her second day of vacation in Barcelona. Jessica Jung, without a doubt, is once again doing it to her - taking her breath away and making her world slow down by just looking at her eyes and her captivating smile.

"Hello, Yoona." Jessica repeated her greetings because the young Im was once again stunned in her presence. She doesn't know why but Jessica finds her more attractive when she's in this state, especially when the apparent reason for this is her. It's an honor to be looked at in a special way. And if Yoona's heart flutters because of her, Jessica also feels the same towards her except that she's not making it obvious in the window of her soul.

Because Yoona remained glued on her spot, Jessica strode towards her and wiped the doe-eyed girl's tear-stained face using the handkerchief she offered her a while ago. This action sent bolts of electricity down Yoona's spine. What Jessica was doing to her is not helping her in calming down her heart that's beating like it's racing with horses. Mentally, Yoona is telling herself to step back to widen the distance between them but her limbs failed to cooperate with her. Instead, her one hand moved on it's own. It held Jessica's wrist thereby stopping the latter from wiping Yoona's tears. No words were exchanged between them in the long time that they stared into each other's eyes.

"I-I'm sorry," Yoona said in a stutter. She quickly removed her grip on Jessica's wrist and looked down to hide her blushing cheeks. Her embarrassed self is something that Jessica found cute so she giggled while looking at the young Im.

"You're so cute when you're being shy Yoona," she explained to the girl whose brows curled in confusion when she heard Jessica's laughter. "Feeling better?" she asked since Yoona's tears have stopped falling.

"Y-Yeah. Thank you. Um...w-what are you doing here Jessica? I mean I...I didn't know that you were coming so I'm really surprised to find you here...in my house...right now." It were only a few words but it took Yoona a considerable amount of time to finish what she said.

"Grandmother told me what happened to my brother so I insisted on coming here to take care of him while I'm on my vacation. I just got here. Your parents fetched me at the airport because mom and dad are not aware that I'm coming. I wanted to surprise them and my brother. Your parents are inside the house talking to my grandmother."

"You travelled from Barcelona by yourself?"

"Nope. I was with my doctor who's now on her way to Canada. She'll pick me up after her month-long vacation in her hometown."

The news that Jessica will only be staying in Seoul for one month saddened the doe-eyed girl. She wished she could stay longer because Yoona is comfortable being around Jessica despite the confusing feelings the latter's presence brought her during the time she spent with her in Barcelona.

After having a light meal with the Ims and her grandmother, Jessica was accompanied by Yoona to the guestroom where she'll stay for one month. The youngest Jung liked it and even said that she already feels at home just by being in that room. "Can you show me to your room?" Jessica asked the doe-eyed girl. It's a demand that Yoona didn't expect to hear from her so she stuttered with her response.

"W-Why do you want to see my room?" Although she tidied up her room, Yoona is too shy to show it to the girl who gives her fluttering feelings.

"I just wanna see it. By seeing how your room looks like and how you arranged your stuffs, I will get to know more about your personality." Jessica narrowed her eyes, honing for an explanation. "Why? Is there something in your room that I shouldn't see?"

"No! Of course I'm not hiding something. Why should I?" Yoona quickly defending herself made Jessica smile. Her cute actions are only making herself look more special in Jessica's eyes. But because Yoona is her brother's fianceé, the youngest Jung didn't show how attracted she is to her.

Jessica toured her eyes around Yoona's eyes room. She isn't so girly when it comes to the interior design. She prefers plain colors which Jessica likes because it matched her taste in a bedroom's interior design. But what casted a brighter smile on her face was the presence of a familiar cactus plant in Yoona's tea table. It seemed to be well taken care of which Jessica appreciates the most. "Hello Yoongie. How are you? Wow. Look at your baby flowers. It's so pretty!"

Yoona was once again lost for words because of Jessie Jung's twin. Jessica is talking to the cactus and not just that. She also named it Yoongie which is one of Yoona's nicknames. "Yoongie...You named it Yoongie," she said in disbelief.

Jessica replied with a curt nod before tending to the cactus plant. She carefully traced the flower's petals like a mother her daughter's hair. "Do you still remember the first time that I met you?" she asked with her gaze still focused on the red cactus flower.

"You mean in your garden in Barcelona?"

"No. In Monaco. It wasn't in the party where I first saw you. It was in the garden and this kind of cactus plant always reminds me of you. Do you remember it Yoona?"

Yoona tried to recall what happened before the party at the Jungs mansion started. And Jessica was right. It was in a garden where she first saw her.

FLASHBACK

The Im family has just got off from a hotel's luxurious car. They were the first guests to arrive according to the valets of a mansion in Monaco. This family who lives in South Korea came to Monaco just to join the celebration of their friends' wedding anniversary and the blessing of their new house.

Feeling out of place with the conversation of the elders, Yoona excused herself and went outside to have some fresh air. The well-lighted garden a few meters away from the main house is what called her attention so she went there to see the garden up close. The small girl enjoyed being in that garden because it's a paradise-like place for her.

Because Yoona was busy staring at the trees where colorful metal lanterns were suspended, she failed to notice the palm-sized cactus plant laid on the floor that's waiting to be transferred to a new flower pot. "Look out!" someone shouted but it was too late for that warning because Yoona has already stepped on the poor thing. The girl who warned her wailed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter