27: The Cat and Deer's Moment

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A party is supposed to be an event wherein an individual enjoys herself, forgets about the stressors of her daily life, and interacts with the people she knows and with the ones she is yet to get acquainted with. But in Yoona's case, a party suddenly didn't serve it's purpose. She's physically present at the successful opening of the second branch of Hye Sun's coffee shop but her mind seemed to be left somewhere.

"Are you done daydreaming, my friend?" Wheein asked to call the attention of her zoning out friend. She needed to repeat calling her name twice before Yoona stopped thinking about the woman that she loves.

"Um...do you need anything Wheein? Or...is Hye Sun calling me?" the doe-eyed girl asked. Many things have happened in the one hour that Yoona spaced out. It's quite obvious in her face that she's clueless about any of it, including the jovial moment when Hye Sun accepted Kim Sang Bum as her boyfriend.

Wheein sighed dejectedly and slouched on her seat. She's as good as Moonbyul in setting a jovial mood in any setting. But this time, she seemed lost of an idea to distract her friend. "Did something happen?" she inquired simply to understand what made her friend pre-occupied the entire time. She scooted beside Yoona and followed up with a question regarding her friend's relationship with Jessica. "Are you having problems with your current relationship? Is the situation getting tougher than it already is?"

"No. Nothing happened Wheein. We're doing fine. Our relationship is getting stronger actually. She's an amazing person and I'm lucky that I have her." Yoona paused and looked around her. There are many couples present in the event. They're enjoying their moment of togetherness especially the new official couple Hye Sun and Sang Bum. Looking at them made Yoona miss her girlfriend even more. "I'm just missing her. It's been a month since we last saw each other. I want to see her again but our busy schedule is getting on our way," she added to make Wheein further understand her situation.

Another thing that is bothering Yoona is her desire to do something special for Jessica. Because even if she always make an effort to see the photographer and make her happy, the intern doctor still feels like she hasn't done enough to match the efforts Jessica has extended for their relationship.

"You're spacing out again Yoona," Wheein pinpointed when her friend started thinking about what to do for Jessica. "If you miss her that much then do something to see her again. You've done it thrice so there's no way that you can't do it amidst your busy schedule. You said this to us before. And now I'm going to repeat it for you - True love can make the impossible possible. Therefore I believe that you can do everything just to be with her."

Yoona smiled again after hearing the words she once uttered to her friends. She dropped her worries and thanked Wheein for her advise. "So...are they officially a couple?" she asked while pointing at Sang Bum and Hye Sun.

"Yeah. Our friend announced it twenty minutes ago. And Bummie is not just her boyfriend now. He's also her new business partner. They're planning to open a third branch of this coffee shop soon. They make a perfect couple, don't they? Now it's only me and Moonbyul who are the loveless members in our circle. It to think about such cruel reality."

The doe-eyed chortled at Wheein's exasperation. She patted her arm and gave her an assurance. "You and Moonbyul are one of the most amazing people I've ever known. I'm sure that you will be able to find someone who will give you the love that you deserve. You will not be loveless for a long time, my dear friend."

"I'm wishing for that to happen soon. Being single is jading me sometimes especially when you are talking about my beloved apple of the eye named Jessica Jung. You're so lucky that she loved you instead of someone else. There are so many beautiful fishes in the ocean, including me, but she picked my friend named Yoona."

Yoona's smile became wider while thinking about what Wheein said. "Indeed, I am lucky," she told her. She is now in a mirthful mood, not only because of Wheein's encouragement, but also because she reminded Yoona on how lucky she is for being loved by Jessica.

 

 

On her fourth day in Monaco, Jessica started preparing for her flight back to Barcelona. She was busy checking the completeness of her belongings when her father came to her room. She just spared a glance at him and then continued packing her bags.

"Do you need help?" the awkward father asked. It's the first time he spoke to his daughter after their heated argument.

"I'm almost done. There is no need for you to help me, dad."

Although she addressed him as 'dad', Albert sensed the bitterness and coldness of his daughter. He welcomed this kind of treatment because after all, he and Krystal were wrong for meddling with their twins' personal lives.

"Jessica, I don't know if you can forgive me for what I did. The pain I cau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter