31: Break and Mend

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During the early days since Yoona got into a relationship with her ex-husband's sister, her biggest concern was what others will say about them. She feared criticisms, just like how her parents and the Jung couple feared its effect on their names and their business relations. And because of these factors, Jessica and Yoona started off with a covert relationship. For months they hid the kind of relationship they have from the people whom they thought would judge them for loving each other. But, through Jessica's unceasing efforts in making Yoona feel her unconditional love, the doe-eyed girl realized that she needs to be dauntless and prove Jessica how much she loves her. She decided to step out of her shell and show the world who it is that she truly loves. And such was the biggest reward she has given to the woman who spent years sacrificing her own happiness for the sake of a years-old familial agreement.

A month after the Sanford Hospital's team of specialist started working at Seoul General Hospital, words were once again spread that involved the only intern in the group. But unlike the usual rumor that circulated in the hospital, the issue was not anymore about Jessie's previous relationship with Yoona. Rather, it was about the latter dating her ex-husband's sister. This rumor started when a South Korean columnist wrote about Yoona frequently visiting Jessica in Barcelona. He included several pictures as proofs to his claim and also published his interview with the ones who saw the couple dating at the Spanish city. Because of this news, many reporters often waited for Yoona and her parents outside their mansion and outside their workplaces. They kept asking them for a confirmation to the issue but the Ims kept their mouths sealed.

"Stop bugging her," the reporters heard someone say while they were once again gathered outside the Ims residence. They were insisting for the doe-eyed intern to say something about the report of her dating Jessie's twin when they were interrupted by a female voice. Yoona and the reporters searched for the source of that voice and all of them were astonished to see that it was no other than Jessica Jung. "The columnist included photos didn't he? He's known for writing only the truth. So why are you still here? Are the pictures not enough to answer your questions? Do you really have to torment Yoona with your presence wherever she goes? There are more events out there that warrant your attention. Issues that matters more than someone's personal life. Yet you're here asking questions when proofs have already been supplemented for your curious brains."

"Miss Jung, are you saying that you really are dating your brother's ex-wife?" one reporter asked which made Jessica scoff.

"Why? Is there a rule that says I can't?" The reporters couldn't answer. Instead, what Jessica got were camera flashes and a more attentive eyes and ears to whatever she'll say next. Yoona, on the other hand, was speechless at Jessica's bold move. She didn't expect this to happen. She didn't expect that her girlfriend will come to Seoul just to shut the mouths of the reporters bugging her every day. "There's none right? In fact, I'm not the only human being who fell in love with her brother's ex-wife. I love Im Yoona. My heart beats only for her. And that's what matters to me no matter who was once married to her. This is our personal life, our personal choice. And whatever you or the others will say about us, it will never change the fact that I love her and just her."

Jessica's surprise appearance to confirm her relationship with Yoona became the biggest headline that day. And because she validated a rumor, the yentas at the hospital yapped about it for weeks.

Instead of explaining his side of the story, what Jessie Jung did was to ignore the gossipmongers and just focus on his job as a member of the Sanford team. Doing it wasn't his sole decision. It's also his colleagues' advise because dealing with people feasting about someone's personal life was something they described as immature and unprofessional. Yoona also continued ignoring these kind of people. And as a result of their complete insouciance to the gossips, it later died down and finally became forgotten.

 

 

"Jae? Are you okay?" Jessie gently patted Jaekyung's hand when he noticed her staring blankly into space instead of paying attention to the stories he shared. Since it's his day off, the young man decided to spend it by preparing a simple dinner date with Jaekyung in his house. Quality times like this helped him stop thinking about Yoona. Therefore, it made him forget the budding feelings he had for the doe-eyed girl. "I noticed that you weren't saying much since you got here. Did something happen at work? Is there anything that I can do to help? Please tell me, Jae. I don't like seeing you worried about something. It worries me as well."

Jaekyung slowly focused her gaze on her boyfriend. Her eyes that used to be full of life were void with positivity hence it made Jessie feel apprehensive of what she's going to say. "Let's break up. Let's end this relationship Jessie," she said seriously which suspended the air on Jessie's throat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter