22: Complicated Hearts

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been more than seven years since Kim Jaekyung stayed in America. For seven years she lived with her Aunt in Florida where she finished her college degree in Business Administration. It was until months ago that destiny brought her back to the man she chose not to fight for when she was younger. If possible, she wish to live in this foreign land forever wherein only a few people know them personally. And a place where only a few will tell her how wrong it is for her to still make herself fit in to Jessie's life that's not anymore rightfully hers, when technically and legally speaking about it. However, because her brother is already enjoying his life as a soon-to-debut band member, Jaekyung decided to go back to her country to help her father in managing their business.

"You're leaving?" Jaekyung asked Jessie who went to her room dressed like he has somewhere else to go. The suitcase he's holding was actually enough to answer her query.

"Yes. I am," the young man replied. He bit the inside of his cheek because his last conversation with his mother still lingers on his mind. "I'm going with you to Seoul and will come back after two weeks to continue my internship."

"If it's okay to ask, may I know why you decided to go home? Are you...Are you going to spend a vacation with your family and...and Yoona?" Jealousy is still biting her although she knows that Yoona and Jessie's relationship is at it's worst because of the photos sent to her by an anonymous person. Jaekyung is afraid that the two might reconcile and fall for each other in the two weeks that Jessie will stay in Seoul.

"No. A vacation is not my purpose for going there. It's time Jae. I'm ending my marriage with her." 

Tears built up in Jaekyung's eyes because of the information she just heard. "Really?" she asked with a voice that cracked in the middle. Too many emotions consumed her soul but happiness is on top of it. This is the time Jaekyung waited for since that day she brought herself back in Jessie's life. Days ago, she became afraid that Jessie might be having second thoughts about dissolving his marriage. Therefore, hearing it from him now makes her overwhelmed with happiness.

Jessie walked towards his lover and wiped her tear-stained face with his hands. "You heard it right Jae. I'm going back to Seoul to file a mutually-agreed divorce with Yoona. Once it's over, we can officially be together. So wait for me okay?"

Jaekyung nodded while tears of joy continued to cascade down her cheeks. She cupped her lover's face and gave him a kiss that conveyed how thankful she is for his decision.

Two days later, Yoona and Jessie Jung faced the family court and submitted the required documents for their uncontested divorce. The counselor tried to change their minds because she doubted if it's truly what the pair wants. But Yoona was determined to end her marriage so the procedure went on as it is. Within one month that they waited for the court's confirmation, any form of communication between the two were cut off by their parents to prevent further issues. Jessie was also prohibited to contact Jaekyung. Even Yoona and Jessica were forbidden to meet or contact each other. Therefore, no goodbyes were exchanged between them when Jessica returned to Barcelona after her project was done.

"Missing her?" Sunny asked her friend who's spacing out inside her office. It's been two weeks since she came back from South Korea - two weeks of not seeing Yoona. And two weeks of not hearing her voice.

"So much," Jessica replied in the saddest tone Sunny heard from her. "I wanna see her again Sunny. I wanna hold her in my arms. I wanna hear her calling my name and telling me that she loves me."

Sunny pulled a chair beside her friend and allowed her to lean on her shoulder while she caressed the dark tresses of Jessica's hair. "Just be patient Jessica. The court's order will be released soon. You managed to survive not seeing her or talking to her for six years. This one month of separation is just a piece of cake." Jessica nodded before burrying her face at the crook of Sunny's neck when a warm liquid fell down her cheeks. "But honestly speaking Jung, I really am worried about you in the days that will follow. How are you going to handle criticisms once people start to question why you're dating your brother's ex-wife? It's going to be hard to battle it out. Just like Dr. Lewis, I'm worried on how this emotional burden will affect your health."

Jessica pulled back from their hug to give Sunny a reassuring smile. "My heart can handle it Sunny. I can endure the pain because Yoona's love will be my source of strength."

The short blonde didn't argue further because she knows that, like Jess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter