4: Different Heartbeats

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Im Yoona...That is your name right?" Her sweet English accent coupled with a smile that can inevitably make you do the same, stupefied the seventeen year old doe-eyed girl. Her trance was far longer than the state she had when she met the goddess' twin brother for the first time after ten years. Jessica Jung did not only take her breath away. She also robbed her of all the words in her vocabulary. Thereby, even if Yoona opened to say something, no sound can be heard from her. "I'm Jessica. We first met when we were kids but I do not know if you still remember it."

The answer to Jessica's indirect query is yes, Yoona remembers their first encounter. It was during the time she and her family went to the Jungs estate in Monaco to celebrate the business-minded couple's wedding anniversary and also the blessing of their new home. But unlike now, Yoona's first meeting with the twins didn't have as much impact as it does now that she's seventeen. Their irresistible charm have surely become more spellbound and forever it will be etched in Yoona's heart and mind. Thanks to Jessica's cute giggle the doe-eyed girl loosened up from her state of enchantment.

"You're so cute when you're stunned. But honestly Miss Im, I really want to hear you say something." Jessica averted her alluring gaze to her plants. It has only been two days yet she already missed her babies. "You didn't water my plants, did you?" she asked hoping that by talking about small things Yoona will finally speak to her. And she really did.

"No, I didn't. I know the rule. Your brother told me about it when I asked him why you placed the sign Jessica Zone. But still, I wanna say sorry for coming here without your permission. I just love this place. It's like a paradise. It has the effect that can clear your mind from worries." Yoona got confused when Jessica stared at her for a long time. "W-What is it? I-Is there something on my face? Or...d-did I say something which I shouldn't?"

"No. It's just that I like your voice. You have a really nice voice Yoona. Your English accent is undeniably cute as well."

Yoona's cheeks felt warmer because of the compliment and Jessica's genuine smile when she said it. She looked away to avoid being seen blushing. "E-Excuse me. I need to go back to my room. I-It's a pleasure meeting you again Jessica." When she's already out of Jessica's sight, Yoona ran inside the house as fast as she can. On her way to the guestroom where she's staying, she bumped into someone and such impact caused the both of them to fall on the floor.

"Ouch." The person groaned in a musculine voice. Yoona opened her eyes and found herself lying on top of Jessie Jung. The close distance between their lips caused adrenaline to rush on her nerves. She got up quickly and didn't bother to help the young man for she is busy calming down her heart. "Are you okay?" Jessie asked Yoona. He's grimacing because his back hurts due to the impact.

"Y-Yeah. I'm sorry I was clumsy. Are you okay?"

"Not so. My back hurts but later it will be fine so you don't need to worry about it." Jessie excused himself to go downstairs. Yoona felt guilty for he kept on rubbing his lower back. "Mom, Maria Jose told me that my sister is already here. Where is she?" Jessie asked his mother who's still in the balcony having a chit chat with his dad and grandmother.

"Well, right after she arrived she went to the conservatory to see her 'babies'. She's probably still there watering the plants. Wait. Why are you frowning? Are you hurt somewhere?"

"Just a little. I slipped and hit my back. I'll just go check on my sister." His mother was right. Jessica really is watering her plants. She's wearing a proud smile while tending to her so-called babies. Actually she's too immersed with what she's doing that she failed to notice her brother standing at the doorway. "For the first time in history you didn't look for me first after coming back from your trip," Jessie said to call his sister's attention.

Jessica stopped what she's doing and ran to her brother, wrapping around him not just her arms but also her legs. This is Jessica's way of hugging her brother everytime she sees him again after a long time. Jessie's already used to it so they don't stumble on the ground everytime Jessica cling to him like this. "I missed you oppa," Jessica said after setting her feet on the ground. Jessie smiled and cupped her face before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"I missed you too sister. So much. But I'm still sulking you know? Right aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter