12: Still...I Do

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Frustration is what's eating Jessica's entire being while she's seated at the backseat of the Im family's car. Of all the times that a vehicular accident could hinder the flow of traffic it was on this hour that she's in a hurry to stop her brother from doing something that could hurt Yoona. She tried calling him but the latter purposely left his phone at the Ims' house. She also dialled Yoona's number but she isn't picking up because she put her phone in a silent mode and also disabled the vibration mode. Jessica never felt this doomed. There's no way in hell that her honest brother will have second thoughts in doing what he wants.

When Yoona was nearly done with her meal, Jessie started off with what he truly wanted to tell her. "Yoona, is it okay for me to ask you something personal?"

Yoona doesn't know why but she certainly felt uneasy when she looked at Jessie's eyes. She noticed his anxiousness the moment she set foot on this private room he reserved at the restaurant. But the doe-eyed girl chose to ignore it thinking that he's just as nervous as she is because it's their first intimate dinner after nearly two years of living together. But now that he's raising a question in a serious tone means that he's going to tell her something very important and it scares her to know what it is. "It...It depends on what it is that you want to know," she replied in a shaky voice.

Jessie inhaled deeply to relax his troubled mind before he proceeded. "If you'll be told that your future has been planned by other people, what are you going to do? How are you going to feel?"

"I don't know. Obviously I will be hurt. But if it is my parents' will, I think I'm going to follow them. All this time they allowed me to do what makes me happy. So if they're going to tell me do something for them, I think I'm going to do it."

Based on her reply, Jessie knew that Yoona will agree with the fixed marriage. But still he continued to ask to hear a direct answer from her. "Even if they'll tell you to marry me, you're still going to follow them?"

Yoona was mummed for a while after hearing those words. Jessie looked so serious so she assumed that there's no way that what she heard is just a joke. "Jessie...you and I..." She paused because she doesn't know what to ask him and what she should feel. Should she be happy that the man she likes was handpicked to marry her? Or, be sad that he'll be forced to do so?

"Yes, Yoona. We were kids when our parents decided that we should get married a month after highschool. I didn't know about this until last year when my father admitted about the agreement. Only then did I understand why they were eager to send me here to study in the same school as you and to live in your house. It's all because of the agreement."

When she tried to analyze the situation, Yoona learned that it could be the reason why her friend became a broken man. "Is it...Is it the reason why Jaekyung unnie broke up with you?" she asked with a lump forming in .

"Yes. I told her the truth because I don't want to keep it from her for a long time. I love her so she has the right to know. And I also told her about it because I wanted her to help me decide on what to do. But unfortunately..." Jessie closed his eyes to stop his tears from falling but those precious pearls were too stubborn. It still fell down his cheeks when he recalled the day Jaekyung made a decision that shook his world. "But unfortunately...Jaekyung decided to leave me. She doesn't want me to go against my parents' will. Yoona, I am telling you this because I want to be fair to you. I want you to have enough time to decide for yourself. I swear that I tried loving you. I tried learning to love you. But everytime I look at you, I can't help but to remember her. I still want her back. I'm still waiting for her to come back for me."

What Jessie told her was like an indirect rejection to what she feels for him. Therefore without saying anything that will just aggravate what she feels, Yoona grabbed her bag and left. She walked without a particular place in mind. Her tears were trying to pour down but she fought the urge to cry because she doesn't want to catch the attention of the people passing by. Silently tailing behind her was Jessica Jung who saw how she stormed out of the restaurant. This is what she feared to see - a broken Im Yoona.

When Yoona has reached the riverside, that was the only time that Jessica made a way for the doe-eyed girl to notice her presence. Just like when they met again last year, she held out her hand to offer her a  handkerchief. Without taking that soft material, Yoona looked at Jessica with silent questions the latter can read from her eyes. "He called me after he told Jaekyung about the agreement of our parents. I tried to sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter