Final

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's the eighteenth day of April in the beautiful city of Barcelona. For the first time after what seemed like forever, Mrs. Shin's residence became filled with sounds of laughter and joyful conversations. Families, friends, and relatives from around the globe gathered at the mansion's wide lawn to celebrate the birthday of the Jung twins and their last day of being single. On the day that will follow, they will officially tie the knot with the women their hearts have chosen. Everyone's positive that this time, the unions they're going to witness are going to be ones that will last forever.

"It is such a wonderful sight, don't you think?" Krystal Jung asked her husband while they were watching everyone from the balcony of the second floor. Their eyes were particularly focused on their good-looking twins, who were busy accepting gifts and greetings from their friends and relatives. Standing beside them, with hands looped around their arms, were Im Yoona and Kim Jaekyung. They both looked absolutely gorgeous, just like the birthday celebrants themselves. "Twenty seven years ago they were just little babies brightening our world with their smiles, enlivening this house with their presence. Look at them now. They're just a day away from building a family of their own. Time surely did flies so fast."

Albert Jung secured his wife in a back hug and planted a gentle kiss on her crown. "They're going to be great parents. Probably better than us," he said to her. Because he mentioned the word parents, it reminded his wife of something.

"Have you asked Jessica if she and Yoona plans to adopt?" Krystal inquired. "I planned to ask her about it but I always forget to do so."

"I did ask her a week ago. But Jessica's answer was that they still haven't talked about it. For now, what she wants to do is to focus her attention to Yoona. You know how madly in love she is with our child. Jessica actually jested that she needs to satisfy the doctor first before she'll focus on her need of being a mother to someone they can call their own."

The couple shared a gleeful laughter because of what Albert Jung said about his daughter. They always find it adorable how Im Yoona is always craving for their youngest child. They cannot blame her for it because it's Jessica's fault for being so romantic most of the time.

Several minutes later, the business-minded couple returned to the wide lawn to join Junsu and Michelle Im, and also Mr. Kim, in entertaining their friends in the business world. These successful individuals will also be present the following day to witness the double wedding.

"Do you need a hand?" someone asked Jessica who was busy helping the maids in filling the platters and trays with desserts and drinks. This person, who had just arrived to join the celebration, was none other than Dr. Lauren Lewis - the youngest Jung's personal doctor since she was a baby.

When Jessica lived in Seoul for a year, her overprotective mother didn't cancel her regular check-up with the cardiologist. Hence, Dr. Lewis paid a visit every after three months to ensure that Jessica is always in good health.

A smile immediately crept on Jessica's face upon hearing her doctor's voice. She ran excitedly towards her and enveloped her into a tight embrace. "You're finally here! What took you so long? I've been trying to call you several times but you didn't pick up my calls," she whined.

Dr. Lewis chortled and pinched Jessica's cheek. The photographer didn't change. She's still sulking whenever the doctor fails to do something for her. "Sorry. It was chaotic at the emergency room during the last two hours of my shift. Five cardiac arrest patients were brought in, two of which died thirty to forty minutes later. I was dead tired so I took a nap before coming here. If I didn't, your guests might get scared with my haggard face," the doctor explained playfully. She opened her purse to take out a small box which she gave to Jessica. "Happy birthday Jess! Also, congratulations for your wedding tomorrow."

Jessica opened the box to see the doctor's present. It's a bracelet that has flower pendants. "Thank you, Dr. Lewis. It's beautiful," she uttered with eyes glistening in gladness.

"I'm glad that you liked it. I was afraid that you might not find it interesting." The doctor paused to stare at Jessica for a long time. She still remembers the days she became extremely worried with the Jung's health condition, the days when Jessica became depressed after Yoona chose to marry her twin brother. Looking at her now, Dr. Lewis can see how satisfied her favorite patient is with her life. "I'm really happy for you, Jess," she uttered sincerely. "Before, I doubted if Yoona really was worth all the tears you shed for her. I always told myself that you deserve someone better. But now, I'm convinced that she truly is worth all the sacrifices you made. She's making you genuinely happy and that's all I could ever ask for."

Jessica's lips curved into a smile. She's pleased to hear the doctor talking to her like a mother. "She truly is worth it," she told her. "Just like the surgery you did to repair my heart, Yoona's love became my savior and gave me a second chance to appreciate life. I am feeling more alive because of her. There's nothing more I could wish for other than to wake up every morning knowing that it is me that she loves. Thank you for saving my life, Dr. Lewis. If you didn't become God's instrument in extending my life, I will not be experiencing the happiness I have now. I will forever be grateful to you for helping me."

Dr. Lewis hugged the photographer and wished her well on the next stage of her life. A while later, they went to the lawn to look for the other birthday celebrant. Jessie also recieved a present from the Canadian doctor. In exchange, he sincerely thanked her, not only for the gift and her presence at the occasion, but also for always making sure that his twin sister is in good shape.

---

Not all of the Jungs' guests can be accommodated at the mansion of Mrs. Shin. Therefore, after the party, a third of them were convoyed to Sunny's house where they will stay until the day they return to their re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter