19: Together

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a while since Yoona drove her car without thinking of a stressful situation. Yes, she's not yet free from the agreement that tied her to Jessie Jung. But even if that's the case, she feels less burdened now that she's aware of her true feelings and because she knows that Jessica loves her too. Therefore she was driving slowly to savor the moment and even the radio to listen to an FM station. And through the DJ's blabbering, Yoona was reminded that it will be the Jung twins' birthday in the next few hours.

"Yes? Are you at your house now?" Hye Sun asked after picking up Yoona's call.

"Not yet. I'm inside your coffee shop actually. It's her birthday tomorrow so I decided to buy something to share with her. Which of these cakes you have here should I buy?"

"I don't know. It's your decision not mine."

"Isn't she your crush? Therefore you should know which one she's going to like."

"Yes, she is my crush. But aren't you the one who is deeply in love with her? Therefore between us, you should be the one who knows more about her preferences."

Yoona knows that she will not win against Hye Sun so she didn't argue further. "Fine. I'll just randomly pick one. You sell one of the best cakes in town after all. Bye. Be back here soon. Your employees are already missing you."

Yoona bought one small mango cake and a box of assorted chocolates personally made by her friend. When she arrived to her house she stealthily went to the kitchen to keep it in the refrigerator before going to her parents' room to greet them.

"Is everything okay?" Yoona asked because of her parents' unusual silence. Usually when she gets home they're going to ask her how her day went and who were the people she met. But tonight she heard nothing from them and even their smiles were just forced.

"We were just discussing something business-related," Junsu replied.

"Then why the glum face? Is there a problem in one of our hospitals? Is there a financial or manpower problem going on?"

"No. It's not something like that. We were just wondering what it's gonna be like if you chose to have your internship in our hospital instead of Seoul Gen."

"Dad, you know that I can't do that. I want to avoid a bias evaluation as much as possible that is why I chose Seoul Gen for my internship."

"Yes, both of us know that. That's why we're not forcing you to transfer to our hospital and decided to just wait for your internship to be over. It's okay Yoona. You don't have to apologize for it. Me and your mom understand your choice clearly."

"Thanks dad. By the way, is Jessica already here? How was her first day of the project? Did Leo accompany her to the tourist destinations in Seoul?"

The couple took time to respond to their daughter's queries and this made Yoona suspect that there is something her parents are not telling her. She sat beside her mother and held her hand when she inquired about the matter unknown to her.

"I know something's troubling both of you. Please tell me what it is so that I'll know what I can do to help."

After contemplating on the situation, Junsu and Michelle decided to tell their daughter about Jessica's confession. At first, Yoona was not able to react. It surprised her to know that Jessica was brave enough to admit to her parents what she feels for their daughter. On the other hand, this bold act made Yoona happy because it only proved to her how much Jessica loves her.

"So...she said all those things huh?" Yoona said with a smile plastered on her face. "She's really different from her brother. She really loves me and does everything to show me how much I mean to her."

"You already know that she loves you?" Michelle asked and Yoona nodded.

"She confessed on the morning after I got drunk. Maybe if I didn't do something crazy that night she fetch the drunk me at Wheein's apartment, Jessica will not suspect that I'm in love with her. And maybe I still wouldn't know that - " Yoona was not able to continue her statement because her surprised mother clarified something.

"Yoona, you're also in love with Jessica?" she asked and fell ajar when Yoona replied with a brief nod and a timid smile.

"Just like Jessica, I've been in love with her since highschool. But I was too blinded with my attraction to Jessie that I failed to see who my heart really wants." Yoona also reached for her father's hand before she continued what she wanted to say. "Mom...dad...I'm sorry to tell you this but from now on I'm going to decide for myself. Jessie is still in love with Jaekyung and he's actually meeting with her in New York. I'm going to set him free from the agreement that kept us grounded. I'm going to file a divorce and I'm not going to let anyone stop me from doing it. Not even. I'm sorry but my decision is final."

Because of everything that Yoona told them, the couple became

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter