18: Determination Of A Loving Heart

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I am going to take her away from you...I will give her the love that you never gave her...And I will do as I say even if it means turning my back against you..." These words kept echoing on Jessie Jung's mind the day after he called his sister to clarify what she said. He can tell with the way Jessica talked to him that his once sweet and caring sister was totally gone. And what he has now is a sister who loves the woman handpicked for him and a sister who'll do anything to claim her.

"Are you okay?" Jaekyung asked when Jessie arrived at the apartment he now shares with his ex-girlfriend. It's been three months since he met her again. Jaekyung was on a vacation that time when her friend was rushed to the hospital because of chest pain. By fate, Jessie was the intern doctor who attended to her friend. Since then they kept on meeting randomly until they both decided to live together, heedless of what other people might say or do against them.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired from today's work. Heart attack is becoming common these days. Many patients with such case were rushed to the Emergency Room today," Jessie replied. His answer was a complete lie because what's actually troubling him was not his tiring shift for the day but the war proclaimed by his own sister.

Jessie went to the kitchen to grab a drink that will help ease his mind. And while he's letting the alcohol burn his throat, Jaekyung slipped her arms around his waist and rested her chin on his shoulder. "Have you thought on what you told me two weeks ago? Are you really going to nullify your marriage with Yoona?" she asked. And for the first time since he said it, Jessie doubted if he really can do what he promised her. His silence worried his lover so she tightened her hug and said, "I love you so much Jessie. I want you to be mine completely. Letting you go was the biggest mistake I ever made in my life. I'm not going to the same mistake again. I'll stay and fight for you from now on."

The young doctor briefly smiled because of Jaekyung's reassuring words. He turned around to face her and then said, "I love you too Jaekyung. In all honesty, I was deeply hurt when you left me. But I swear that I never once hated you for leaving me. I continued loving you and waiting for you until fate brought you back into my life."

Satisfied with his words, Jaekyung smiled and pulled Jessie for a passionate kiss. She drowned him in her love that helped him to temporarily forget his worries about what lies ahead of him. Both of them knows how wrong it is for them to be together and to be living like Jessie is not tied to Yoona through a powerful thing called marriage. But their love for each other and their desire to be together made them defy their ego and give in to what their hearts longed to have.

Back in Korea, there were this couple who were motionless in their seats inside the study room of their house. No words escaped their mouths in the ten minutes that passed after Jessica Jung courageously confessed that she's in love with their daughter and that she wants to be with her. The latter is not aware about this happening because she's in Moonbyul's place getting grilled regarding her feelings for her husband's sister.

"Jessica, d-do you really mean what you said? Aren't you just making a mistake?" the confounded Michelle Im asked the woman bravely standing before them. "You know that it can't be, right? Yoona is married to Jessie. He is your brother. And even if he's not treating my child as his wife, it will not change the fact that he's married to her."

With a heart filled with determination, Jessica replied, "I'm aware of all of it, Auntie. I know all the pros and cons of what I feel for your daughter. I know it's not going to be easy. But because I love Yoona I am willing to face anything in the name of that love. I'd been in love with her since the day that I got to know her more after living here during highschool. However, my awareness of the agreement you made with my parents stopped me from showing my feelings for her. Because I know that you've chosen my brother to marry Yoona, I prevented myself from telling her that I'm in love with her. And since I know that my parents have one word, I tried to help my brother accept his fate by encouraging him to love Yoona. I kept on telling him how perfect they'll be as a couple. But it didn't work. Yours and my parents' plan didn't work either. Because even if you made him live with Yoona for two years and be at the same school as her, Jessie still ended up fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter