5: Restless Heart

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because of the confusing feelings brought to her by the Jung twins Yoona found it hard to fall asleep during her second night in Barcelona. She has literally rotated three hundred sixty degrees in the guestroom's queen-sized bed yet Yoona's eyes remained wide open. Insomnia hit her so bad because of Jessie and Jessica Jung. Thanks to the thoughts about them it's already six o'clock when she was able to doze off.

"Where's Yoona?" the twins' grandmother asked after noticing the absence of one person in the dining room. It's already lunchtime so the woman can't help but become worried about her doe-eyed guest. "She also didn't join us for breakfast. Is she not feeling well? Did you go upstairs to check on her, Maria Jose?"

"Yes ma'am. I kept on knocking but she didn't open the door. She's probably still asleep. At four in the morning she went to the kitchen asking for a glass of milk. She told me she needs it for she couldn't sleep."

With the housekeeper's explanation, the grandmother understood and stopped worrying about her guest. After lunch, Jessica returned to her room thinking about Yoona. She's worried about her. Jessica's afraid that Yoona will starve if she will not wake up sooner. Therefore, the Jung came up with a clever yet not so safe idea. She went to the backyard and climbed a pine tree so that she can reach the balcony of Yoona's room. Luck was on her side because the French door wasn't locked so she was able to get inside the guestroom. She giggled when she saw the sleeping Im Yoona. Her room looks messy because of the bedsheets, bolsters and some of the pillows that were sprawled on the floor. Three empty glasses sit on the nightstand indicating that Yoona drank three glasses of milk in order for serotonin to help her sleep. The messiness of her bedroom was of course due to the doe-eyed girl's three hundred sixty degree flip caused by her frustration with insomnia attack.

Carefully, Jessica lied on the other side of the bed facing Yoona. She tucked her dark hair that curtained her face and then watched her as she sleeps. Later, when Yoona opened her eyes, she felt like her heart was gonna jump out of her chest when she saw that Jessica is looking at her. She creased her brows when the goddess Jung chortled at her baffled state.

"Your expression is like that of someone caught ," Jessica explained in between her giggles. "I remembered my brother wore the same expression when I went to his room and saw him just wearing a boxer. You definitely look adorable right now Im Yoona."

"H-How did you get here? A-And...w-why are you here?" Jessica's presence on her bed, the confusing feelings she brought her and her cute giggle - All of it were the causes for Yoona's stutter. This only implies that it's a piece of cake for the Jung twins to make her feel uneasy. They'll surely win first place if ever there's a competition for it.

"I climbed that tree." Jessica pointed at the pine tree at the side of the balcony. Yoona couldn't believe Jessica did that. "It's tall enough for me to access your room. You didn't or should I say forgot to lock the door so I was able to get in. And as for your question of why I'm here, I came here because I wanna see if you're okay or not. You didn't come down for breakfast and you didn't join us for lunch either. I'm worried that you'll starve that's why I came here. Sorry if I scared you. You were sleeping soundly so I didn't wake you up."

Yoona wanted to close her eyes and cover her ears to avoid seeing Jessica and listening to her sweet voice. Because her being genuinely concerned about Yoona only heightens the latter's confusion with the way her heart beats in front of Jessie Jung's twin. She's aware of why her heart beats differently when she's with Jessie. But when it comes to Jessica Jung, the smart Im Yoona becomes oblivious of the reason behind it.

"Eat your lunch after washing up okay? And by the way, my brother plans to show you around the city this afternoon. I'm gonna tag along but don't worry I'm not gonna distract your moments with him." Jessica winked at the dumbfounded Im Yoona before she exited the main door.

On their way to their first destination, Yoona was just silent on the backseat and occasionally smiles as she listens to the conversation of the twins. They also told her stories about their unforgettable moments in Spain and what it is like to grow up in a foreign land. Their first stop was one of Gaudi's most famous architectural works which is the Sagrada Familia Church. They also visited the famous establishments at the Eixample before they went to Jessica's favorite spot which is La Pedrera. While Jessie and Yoona were enjoying the view from the rooftop, Jessica snapped a photo of them. She kept on taking pictures of the two as they continued on with their tour. Most of the pictures were stolen shots in which she's satisfied with the results.

"Let's have dinner. My stomach is calling for a heavy meal," Jessie said after their long stroll at the park. This invitation made his sister jump in excitement.

"Your treat?" she asked. Her eyes were shining with anticipation for her brother's positive response. Both of them have more than one bank accounts and they're allowed to spend as much as they want.

"As if I have a choice other than saying yes." If Jessica asks if he'll be the one to pay for the food, Jessie is obliged to say yes or else his sister will keep on insisting. When they reached the restaurant Jessica purposely made the two sit next to each other. She placed her camera on the seat next to her so that Jessie cannot occupy that chair.

"My camera needs a soft surface to sit on," the twin sister said when Jessie was supposed to sit beside her. Left without a choice, the defeated brother sat next to Im Yoona. Jessica smiled in victory while looking at her brother sitting beside the girl she's been rooting for him.

"Did you enjoy the tour?" Jessie asked the doe-eyed girl. He initiated a conversation because he doesn't want Yoona to feel bored while waiting for their order.

"Y-Yeah. Thank you so much for the tour. I fell in love with the city even more because of it. This city is really amazing. Now I understand why Jessica loves this place."

"You're right. I should say the same thing. I love this city as well. I'm proud of being born here. How's your feet? Does it hurt?" Jessie's concern painted a light shade of pink on Yoona's cheeks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter