35: Simple Yet Romantic

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's another beautiful morning in the city of Seoul. While the others are busy with their everyday routines, there's this one photographer who's sitting inside her office and doing nothing but to stare at her computer screen. It's been almost a year since Jessica Jung came up with the decision to stay in Seoul to manage the second branch of her studio. Only one more month to go and she'll be going back to Spain once again.

"The bride is so beautiful isn't she?" one of Jessica's co-workers named Ji Chang Wook asked after observing her for a long time.

"Yes, she is. She looked prettier during the ceremony compared to their pre-nup," Jessica replied without breaking her stare at the picture flashed on the computer screen. It's the image of a bride and her groom whose wedding was recently covered by the youngest Jung and her professional team.

Ji Chang Wook smiled to himself. He's amazed that his boss wasn't startled by his presence when in fact, Jessica didn't even budge when he entered her office. "So you did notice my presence," he said with a crooked smile playing on his lips.

"I suppose it's because my peripheral vision is still perfect," Jessica jested. After saving the edited version of the picture, she focused her gaze on Chang Wook, the most attractive of all her male employees. "What brought you here, Wookie?" she asked. Jessica is always treating her staff in a friendly manner despite being the owner of the studio.

"Nothing, boss. I was just wondering if you need help on something like sorting out photos, editing and the likes," Chang Wook replied politely.

"There's nothing much to edit. The photos were all taken perfectly."

Another smile was drawn on Chang Wook's face. This time, it is because of Jessica's indirect compliment to his and the others' skills. "Boss, can I ask you something?" he said after much contemplation.

Jessica joshed in her reply. "You're already asking," she said which made Chang Wook smile sheepishly. "What is it that you want to ask me?"

"Um...are you really going back to Barcelona next month?" "Yes. It's the original plan and I haven't thought of changing my mind. Why? Don't you like Sunny for a new boss? She's more fun to be with compared to me. She's talkative and also a joker." Jessica teased the already abashed employee with another smile that has always been captivating. Most of her employees have a crush on her and Im Yoona's very much aware of it.

"I don't mean it that way, Boss. It's just that..." The handsome man fumbled for the proper words. "We're gonna miss you, Boss. You are an amazing leader so we'll never forget everything that you taught us."

Jessica smiled warmly because of the compliment of her staff. "I'm gonna miss you guys too. You're one of the best teams I worked with. I'll never forget that. Be nice to my bestfriend okay? Treat her like how you treated me." Chang Wook nodded and smiled. "By the way, tell everyone that we'll be closing at four today."

"W-Why? It's too early. Do you have an appointment, Boss?"

"None. We just got places to visit after work." The male photographer gave Jessica an inquisitive look, wondering if what she means is to hang out with her team. Jessica read this question so she nodded in affirmation. "It's my treat," she added. Hence, Chang Wook excitedly left the office to tell his workmates the good news.

After closing the studio at exactly four o'clock, Jessica and her team went to the mall first to watch a movie. They also dropped by an apparel store where each of the staff received a three hundred dollar worth of items from their generous boss. After that, they headed to the bar and shared a handful of stories about their work experiences with an amazing boss like Jessica Jung. They were in the middle of thanking her for honing their skills in photography when her phone rang.

"Oops! It seems like Commander Im is already looking for our boss," Eunjung remarked after seeing Yoona's caller ID. The others laughed and teased their boss regarding her girlfriend, who sometimes get jealous at the special way Jessica is treating her staff members.

"Where are you?" Yoona asked as soon as her girlfriend picked up the phone.

"At the bar," Jessica replied shortly. "I'm hanging out with my staff."

"You're drinking?" Concern was obvious in Yoona's voice.

"Not anymore. I only drank one glass of wine that has little alcohol content. What about you? Where are you right now?"

"I'm driving. I'm on my way to your house."

"You mean my brother's house," Jessica corrected.

"Whatever. It's still your house because you live there."

Jessica cackled because Yoona's persistence was entertaining for her ears. "Fine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter