2: Getting To Know Each Other

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While Yoona's parents were talking about business with Mr. Jung and his son at the porch after dinner, the young heiress was alone in the garden. Her right hand is placed on top of her left chest because she's feeling the way her heart beats while she's thinking about Jessie Jung's striking characteristics. His smile, his magnetic stare, and his strong presence - all of it can make her heart to either beat faster or slower in just a flick of the hand. She wants to ignore it but no matter how hard she tries, Yoona only ends up thinking more and more about him.

"Damn it Cupid! Can't you think of another victim instead of me?!" Yoona picked a pebble from her dish garden and threw it in the air. She may look like a fool complaining to no one but the mythologic Greek character but the young woman doesn't care. She's always like this when she's struck with one of Cupid's arrows. Surely she's gonna have a hard time falling asleep later.

"Are you okay?" Startling her with his sudden presence was the reason why Yoona's acting weird. Jessie Jung felt out of place in the conversation of his father and his friends. That is why he left to look for a nice spot to spend his time while waiting for drowsiness to pay it's visit. And that's how he found Yoona in the garden. "I heard you complaining, cursing or whatever it is called that is why I came here. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Um...n-nothing. I'm okay. I...I was just thinking of an unpleasant situation that is why I kept talking to myself. Sorry if it made you worried. How about you? A-Are you okay?"

"Kind of. I just feel a little homesick." Jessie breathed in the cool fresh air and toured his eyes around. The flowers reminded him of something which he forgot to give to Yoona. "Wait for me here. I'll just get Jessica's gift for you." He returned holding a clear glass four-sided vase that has a palm-sized cactus. He placed it on the round table and sat on the rattan chair adjacent to Yoona. "Jessica heard from your mother that you love plants that is why she wants you to have it. It maybe an unusual kind of gift because it's prickly but that plant has a special meaning to her."

Yoona held the vase close to her chest and carefully touched the plant. It really is unusual but she understands what the cactus symbolizes. "Thank you," she said with a smile of contentment. "Please tell her that I really appreciate her present. I'll take good care of this and make sure that it will grow beautifully."

"Okay. I'll make sure she'll know. Jessica will be pleased to hear that you like it."

"Thanks again. You speak Korean well." She doesn't know how it happened but Yoona is glad that she's a little more confident now in talking to her new crush. When Jessie smiled at her compliment, her cheeks felt warmer than the first time she saw his smile.

"We speak Korean at home. But I'm more fluent to our mother language compared to my twin. Our grandmother doesn't speak Korean often so Jess doesn't know much Korean. Since you complimented me, I'd like to do the same for you. Your English sounds great. Your accent is cute. I like it."

Yoona looked away to hide her flushed face. Jessie Jung is not making it easy for her to calm her heart that is now beating fast.

After a moment of awkward silence, Jessie decided to ask Yoona about something. "Yoona?" 

"Y-Yes?"

"Why do you want to be a doctor?" 

That was a difficult question for Yoona. Frankly speaking she doesn't like talking about her career choice because she doesn't know why she wants to be a doctor. She just feel like she should be one because her parents are doctors turned entrepreneurs. "I don't know. When I'm thinking of what I want to be, nothing else cross my mind other than wanting to follow my parents' footsteps. Besides, I like it when doctors are able to extend someone's life. For me, it's such a fulfilling job. How about you? Why do you want to be a doctor?"

"I want to do it for my sister. She's the mere reason why I want to be a doctor."

"I don't think I can follow. Will it be alright if I'll demand for an explanation to your answer?"

Jessie smiled at her and then looked up at the night sky. He's in deep thoughts and Yoona is craving to know what he's thinking. "My sister often get sick. When we were born, I was a healthy baby while she was in a critical state born with low birth weight and underdeveloped lungs. For more than a month her condition was closely guarded in the ICU. I felt like I'm responsible for what happened to her. I nabbed her of the important nutrients she needs in order for her to have a normal growth inside our mother's womb. That's the kind of belief that I have everytime she's rushed to the hospital because of flu or other common sickness she acquired because of a low immunity."

"Is that the reason why your par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter