16: I Like Her Too

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica loves her brother so much. As much as possible she only wants what's best for him and tries to understand his choices most of the time. But after her first initiated phonecall with him since that wedding day, Jessica decided to put an end to being the patient sister that she's always been. She loves Yoona and she doesn't want her to continue hurting because of her twin brother.

"How was the pictorial?" Yoona asked excitedly when the tired photographer returned to her house. Jessica lazily flopped down the sofa and laid her stuffs under the glass table. However, the doe-eyed girl grabbed all of it and placed it on the loveseat instead. "You should always put your stuffs in a safer place," she explained while gently tapping the camera bag as if she's caressing a puppy's back.

Jessica raised her brow and unenthusiastically asked, "Why? Isn't under the table a safe place? It's not like you're gonna trip on it or something."

"Well, it's not something like that actually. I just want you to put your things in a better place because you value photography so much. Are you hungry? Mom and dad are making their specialties. You've tried it before when we were still in highschool. And I still remember how much you loved it." Yoona's eyes sparked with joy as she reminisced that dinnertime Jessica ate more than three servings because she enjoyed eating Michelle's Spicy Pork Soup and Junsu's Dak San-Geok. This jolly expression she's wearing managed to make Jessica smile. She's too tired from the day's work but seeing Yoona happy while talking to her made her feel better. "W-Why are you staring at me? Is there something on my face?" the doe-eyed girl asked with her cheeks feeling a little warmer because of Jessica's magnetic stare.

"Nothing. I just find you more beautiful when you're smiling the way you often did when we were younger. I want you to keep smiling like that. It makes me feel better." Jessica got up to grab her belongings and returned it to her room. Yoona was left at the living area dumbstruck yet with an obvious change in the tint of her cheeks due to Jessica's compliment.

"I can't believe you only have three days left before going back to Spain. Are you sure you don't want to extend your stay?" Michelle Im asked Jessica while they were enjoying the specialties the couple prepared for their special guest.

"Michelle's right, Jessica. We haven't seen you for too long. We'd really love it if you'll stay a little longer," Im Junsu added.

Pressed with another demand from the elders, Jessica replied, "I actually am planning to stay a little longer. Maybe another week or two. Earlier today I accepted another project from a travel agency. I will be visiting different places in this country and take photos of it's old and new tourist attractions."

Such information overjoyed Michelle Im who clasped her hands and said, "That's great news! Jessie cancelled his plan to come home and this saddened Yoona. It's such a waste because she filed a two weeks leave to be with him for a few days. Therefore, knowing that you'll be staying for more than a week is great news. She'll have her sister-in-law to spend her vacation with in place of her husband. Yoong, why don't you accompany Jessica in her travels? It will be better if she have someone who knows about our country. Besides, visiting different places will help you feel relaxed."

Since her father agreed with the idea as well, Yoona accepted her mother's request. Jessica was happy to hear this because it will be her chance to spend quality time with Yoona. And she hopes that through this, the doe-eyed girl will learn to love her and forget about her brother.

"How's the photoshoot my lovely business partner?" Sunny asked her friend who's busy editing the pictures. "I'm pretty sure that right now you're done sorting the photos and have started editing the best shots. And I'm sure too that you're doing it in the middle of the night."

"Of course you know because you're aware of the time difference of your country with mine," says Jessica who the speaker mode so that both of her hands were free for multitasking.

"Tch. Sometimes it's too boring to make fun of you, Jung."

"I'm only like that when I'm concentrating on my job. It's your fault for calling me at this hour. I cannot entertain you as much as you want me to."

"Of course I know that. We've been partners for four years. Therefore I already know quite a lot about you. Actually the real reason why I called is to remind you to stop working at a late hour. You're dead if Dr. Lewis finds out that you're overly devoted to your job to the extent that you miss a precious time for your sleep. Would you like me to tell her about this?"

"Try doing it and I'll kick your out of the studio."

Sunny laughed mockingly to further annoy her bestfriend. But she knows that this funny side of her will never be able to break Jessica's concentration on the picture she's editing. "Seriously Jung, you need to stop that habit of yours. It's not healthy for someone like you whose health is being overly protected by her family. You have a fast editing skills. You can manage to finish that tomorrow. So stop it already and take some rest okay?"

"You sound like my mother."

"I'm just doing my job as a friend. If you will not stop what you're doing right now, I'm going to tell Dr. Lewis right away that her patient is always overdoing herself and - "

"Okay, okay. I'm stopping. I'm just saving my work and I'll go to sleep. Happy now?"

"I will be once I hear the sound of the computer shutting down." Jessica rolled her eyes because of her friend's strictness. It's annoying her but her annoyance is only superficial. She likes Sunny in all aspects

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter