30: Better Than Before

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has only been twelve hours since Yoona got back from Barcelona. But this twelve hours felt like twelve months and forever to the doe-eyed girl who is already missing the woman that she loves. She wants to see her again as soon as possible. She wants to touch her and tell her how much she loves her. Yoona misses Jessica dearly to the extent that she wants to curse the distance between Seoul and the Spanish city where the photographer resides. However, she knows that no matter what she'll do, it will never change the fact that the two of them are currently in a long distance relationship. It is such a hurtful truth that caused her to feel downhearted. So to distract her attention to such depressing situation, Yoona decided to meet up with her friends at Hye Sun's café. When everyone has gathered, the doe-eyed girl gave each one of them a gold bracelet which Jessica bought as a gift to symbolize her gratitude to the girls who have always been there for her girlfriend.

"Why are you not trying on the bracelet? Don't you like it Moonbyul?" Hye Sun asked their talkative friend because instead of putting on the bracelet to see if it fits perfectly, Moonbyul kept it intact in it's special box.

"There is no need for me to put it on to see if it fits. I can already tell that it does just by looking at it. I'm going to keep it in my safe. This is a special gift from the apple of my eye so I'm going to treasure this for the rest of my life," Moonbyul replied and even let them see her planting a kiss on the bracelet's box. Wheein liked her idea so she also decided to do the same thing with Jessica's gift. Yoona just sighed at her friends' antics. There's nothing she can do to stop their fondness of Jessica Jung. It's fine with her if many people admire her girlfriend, since it will never change the fact that she is the lucky fish in the ocean who got handpicked by the lovely girl.

"Now that we're talking about our apple of the eye, I remember that Bummie called last night and told me that he saw Jessica's brother in Apgujeong. At first he thought that the guy was just someone who looks like Jessie. But after a second glance, Bummie's convinced that it's really him that he saw in an appliance store with Choi Siwon."

"So you're saying that our Yoongie's ex-husband is here?" Wheein asked in a loud voice. It's a good thing that they were in Hye Sun's office so no one hears what they're talking about. The café owner nodded so all three of them looked at the flabbergasted doe-eyed girl. What Jessie is doing in Seoul is the kind of query Yoona has in mind.

"Did Bummie talk to him to ask what he's doing here in Seoul?" Moonbyul asked. She knows that Yoona is curious to the reason why her ex-husband is in Seoul so she raised the question in behalf of her.

"No, he didn't. Bummie hates him for how he treated our friend when they were still married. And he also didn't ask Siwon about it. You know that the two of them never been friends since highschool. They were like mortal enemies, might I add."

"I wonder what he's doing here." Wheein propped her chin while thinking of a possible reason for Jessie's presence in Seoul. "Maybe he's here to visit Jaekyung. That handsome jerk is still in love with his senior so I guess she's the reason why he's here. What do you think?"

"Maybe," Hye Sun and Moonbyul answered at the same time. Yoona didn't comment on the issue. She's too confused to say even a single word about it. Besides, she doesn't care anymore if Jessie comes back to her country or not. They're on their own now. As much as possible she wants to avoid minding his business and just focus on herself and Jessica.

 

 

Spending time with her friends helped Yoona feel a little better. Despite the matter about her ex-husband, she still managed to wear a smile while driving her car. And such smile even became wider after she received a phonecall from her girlfriend who graced her ears with repeated I love you's before she ended their conversation. But when Yoona arrived home, the smile plastered on her face was immediately replaced with a frown after her mother told her that Jessie Jung is at the garden and wants to talk to her.

"What are you doing here?" Yoona asked in a voice that's filled with coldness and annoyance. It's the first time they faced each other after their divorce was approved by the family court.

Jessie was silent at first. It wasn't just because of the unfriendly way Yoona talked to him but also because he's in awe with the doe-eyed girl's beauty. She has become more stunning. And surely it's because Yoona is receiving the kind of love he never gave her in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter