13: I Still Love You

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a bright sunny weekend in Barcelona. At this kind of day most of the Catalonian people are outside their homes to spend quality time with their family and friends. And there are also these people in their business establishments, big or small, becoming busier while serving a greater number of customers. However, if the city is this lively, there is this one person in an estate whose mood isn't as bright as the blooming flowers in her garden.

"Spacing out while staring at your plants? You weren't like this before," someone said that broke Jessica's blank stare at the anemones. She tipped her head to the direction of the doorway and was met by the close-mouthed smile of her personal doctor.

"Dr. Lewis...What are you doing here?"

"Just visiting my patient. You missed your appointment yesterday. Your mother and grandmother are going to kill me once they know that you missed one regular check-up." Dr. Lewis laughed at her own joke hoping that Jessica will do the same. But it never happened so she decided to continue the conversation she initiated. "How are you Jess? How was your brother and his graduation ceremony?"

"Good. But there was nothing so special with the ceremony aside from the fact that he's a laude. I congratulated him and spent a quality time with him by visiting several restaurants and tourist spots in New York. I did everything just like what you told me to do and he looked happy to see me and have a bonding time with me again."

"How about his wife? Was she there?"

Jessica bit her bottom lip at the indirect mention of Yoona. "No. She wasn't there because she was busy preparing for her graduation. I heard she's also one of the top performing students in her batch. Both of them certainly did a great job in school. I'm sure that they're going to be a great doctor like you."

Dr. Lewis smiled when Jessica complimented her. Once done watering the plants, they went to the youngest Jung's room where Dr. Lewis conducted her regular check-up on Jessica. "Just like my usual findings you're physically well. But emotionally? I doubt that you are." Jessica averted her gaze for she knows where their conversation is going. "It's been six years Jess and yet you're still thinking and worrying about her. When are you going to stop making yourself bothered with thoughts about her? It's preventing you from being happy. Do you know that?"

"It can't be helped Lauren. She married my brother who doesn't love her as much as she does. I kept on telling you already that my brother became so distant to her. He acted cold towards her after the wedding and yet she's not giving up. She's still trying and I can't help but feel sorry towards her. For how long she's gonna try to win my brother's heart is something I don't know."

"You should forget your feelings for her, Jess. First of all it's because she didn't look at you the way she does with your brother. And secondly, even if Jessie is not or not yet reciprocating her feelings for him, she still is your brother's legal wife. There's no place reserved for you other than being her sister-in-law. It's time for your heart to beat for someone else."

"I tried doing that Dr. Lewis. And I still am."

"But you're doing it in a wrong way. You're avoiding her and that's not a healthy means of coping with the situation Jessica. When was the last time you saw her? Wasn't it during the day you came back here? You even avoided your brother too.Therefore I was thankful that you showed up on his graduation day." Dr. Lewis held Jessica's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "You cannot hide from her forever Jessica. She is your sister-in-law. One day she's going to need you as her sister."

Her conversation with the doctor was supposed to help her. But it didn't. It only refreshed the wound of Jessica's heart. After six years of holding back her tears she cried again because of that one and only person she became infatuated with. "Why is it so hard to forget what I feel for you?" she asked herself. And this question lingered on her mind until sleep helped her to temporarily forget her heartache.

 

 

In one government hospital of South Korea was a doe-eyed woman working hard in her training to become an experienced doctor. It has only been six months since she started her training but Yoona is already receiving praises from here and there for her hardwork. To them, she has an outstanding balance in knowledge, skills and attitude which is important for all medical professionals, not just an excellence in one aspect.

"A beautiful doctor with a brain and great personality that her patients and co-workers admire. If you'll continue on being like this, you're going to be the best neurosurgeon our country ever had," someone praised Yoona who's taking a break in the hospital cafeteria. Without the need to ask, that person occupied the seat across her table and joined her for a late lunch. "On a diet?" he teased since their lunchbreak is two hours passed the usual time.

Yoona chortled and accepted the can of juice the other resident doctor offered her. "Not really. If Moonbyul is here she'll say that I'm someone who doesn't have the right to go on a diet."

"Yeah, she's right. You never get fat even if yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter