36: The Prankster Twins

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is a powerful thing that conquers all - This is what many people believed in for many years and what Kim Jaekyung attested to be true. For her, Im Yoona and Jessica Jung's story is an example of love that can defeat all odds. They withstood all obstacles, even if it involved their families and colleagues, until they achieved the happiness that they now have. Kim Jaekyung's experience also represents what love can do. It did prove it's undying power when the man she loves finally had the courage to show the world how much a certain Kim Jaekyung means to him. And now that they're engaged, there's nothing more she could ask for other than to continue living her life with Jessie Jung by her side.

"Are you okay noona?" Kim Jaehyun asked when he saw his sister alone at the terrace of a family restaurant. The rest of their clan were inside, talking merrily with the Ims and Jung family after the supplication done by the Jung twins. All parties agreed to the double wedding. And they were even more excited in planning for its details.

Jaekyung nodded and smiled to her brother in order to assure him that she's feeling better than she already is. "I'm just reminiscing about the old times," she began to share. "About what I and Jessie had been through before we reached this fairytale-like turning point of our lives. I became a selfish person because of my love for him. I did things without taking into consideration what others might feel. All I cared about was my desire to be with Jessie. I didn't stop doing what isn't right until the situation got worst for most of us. But in the end, it's still love which mended all the relationships that got severed in our past. It is, without a doubt, a powerful thing Jaehyun."

A smile crept on Jaehyun's face after listening to his sister. Those words of wisdom coming from her only proved  that love shaped her into a better person. "I'm happy with how much you changed noona," he expressed sincerely. "I believe I still haven't greeted you on your engagement. Congratulations, noona. I'm certain that this time, your fiancé is going to meet mine and dad's expectations. I promise that I'm not gonna dis him again because I'm sure that he'll truly make you happy from now on."

Jaekyung chortled at her brother's choice of word. She hugged him and thanked him for everything he has done to help her. They stayed in the terrace for a while and chatted about other things. Afterwards, they returned inside the restaurant to join the others in their mirthful conversation.

Two days after the successful supplication, Yoona went to her friend's café to tell Hye Sun and the rest of their friends about the details of the double wedding.

"So the wedding will be in Barcelona?" Hye Sun asked and the doe-eyed girl nodded. "I'm not against the decision you guys arrived at. But I'm really wondering why you've chosen Barcelona. Mind telling us the reason behind it?"

"It's Jessica's dream to be married in the place where she was born. And as for her brother, it's because Barcelona is where their parents got married. The place is memorable for both of them. Besides, it's where I met my fiancée so it also means a lot to me. Everyone doesn't have to worry about the expenses for the trip to Spain. Jessica's parents got it all covered. They own a plane so travelling by air won't be a problem at all."

Hye Sun and Wheein sighed in relief. They were even more pleased when Yoona said that her parents will cover the expenses for the outfits of her maid of honor and secondary sponsors.

"You are so lucky Yoongie," Moonbyul said suddenly while they were busy discussing the designs of their dresses. "If I was born prettier than you, then I'll probably be the lucky one wearing that ring." She pointed at Yoona's diamond ring and stared at it in jealousy. Jessica gave such pricy gift to the doe-eyed girl three days after her simple but sweet proposal.

"Don't worry Byul," Wheein said to their most talkative pal. "Our time to wear that kind of ring will also arrive. Who knows? Our destined lovers might be in Barcelona too. So if I were you, I'll make sure that I'll look my best on Yoongie's wedding."

Moonbyul affirmed Wheein's statement. She high fived with her friend and began to discuss what they must do to attract boys and girls at Yoona's wedding. All the doe-eyed girl and her maid of honor, Hye Sun, could do was to laugh at the antics of their goofy friends.

After spending time at Hye Sun's café, Yoona proceeded to her workplace. It's her last month of being an intern. Only three weeks left and she'll say goodbye to Seoul General Hospital. Just like Jessie Jung, Yoona will also continue her medical practice in a foreign land. After the wedding, Jessie will return to New York together with Jaekyung who plans to expand her father's business in the American land. Yoona, on the other hand, will continue improving her medical skills at the place where she promised to live with her soon-to-be Mrs. Im.

"Congratulations on your engagement Dr. Im!" Such was the greeting Yoona received from her colleagues, including the ones who used to bad-mouth her relationship with the Jung twins. She responded to them with a genuine smile and also invited them to the double wedding. But due to the fact that they're in the medical field, Yoona already expected that the others or more than half of them might not be able to make it to her special event.

"Dr. Im?" the receptionist called when the doe-eyed girl was about to leave the hospital. Yoona turned around and approached her desk. She informed the doctor that a delivery came for her. But instead of a parcel or whatsoever, what the receptionist ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter