28: Sweet Scalawag GF

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica Jung has grown accustomed to waking up earlier than the time she set her alarm. It has become her habit ever since she started her photography business with the help of Sunny. But today became a record-breaker. The alarm has went off for the third time yet the photographer was not stirred in her sleep. And the only person to be blamed why the devoted Jessica Jung overslept was no other than the aspiring doctor named Im Yoona.

"Why can't I paint my girlfriend's face early in the morning?" asked the doe-eyed girl who's making herself busy by helping Maria at the kitchen. Jessica is still wearing her sleepwear and her soft flowing hair was just finger-combed. Her arms were crossed above her chest while she's glowering at her naughty lover at exactly six thirty in the morning.

"Im Yoona," Jessica uttered in a serious tone that's seldom heard from her. She has also put a particular emphasis at every syllable of the doe-eyed girl's name. "Do you know that this is the first time that I woke up past my waking hour? After four years of always waking up early, this is the first incident that I didn't hear my phone ringing at the time I set my alarm."

"And? Am I to blame?" Yoona is getting the hint of what Jessica is trying to tell her. But she is feigning innocence to further annoy the photographer. After all, she enjoys seeing Jessica's cute angry face. It makes her want to more.

"What? Are you trying to tell me that you're not responsible for it?" Jessica's face is now contorted with annoyance as she pointed her finger at Yoona's mouth and slick hands. "For your information Miss Im Yoona, that and that are the reasons why I couldn't sleep early last night. Those two kept me awake until two in the morning! And now you're telling me that you're not to blame? You're truly unbelievable!" Jessica threw her hands in the air and walked out. But she came back shortly to give a reminder for the doe-eyed girl. "Don't sleep in my room starting tonight. I can't afford to have my precious sleep be sacrificed for the second time," she said before returning to her room. The servant named Maria tried hard to contain her laughter. But she failed to do so because the couple's petty argument and Yoona's reaction to Jessica's demand was too funny for her to ignore.

"Maria," Yoona called in a petrified tone. "Did you hear what my girlfriend said? Your beloved Miss Jessica had just chosen sleep over her gorgeous girlfriend. It's like dumping my skills in giving her a great night. If she prefers sleep over me, I think I'll have to make my hormones diurnal from now on." Such decision she arrived with further made the loyal servant laugh heartily.

When they have gathered at the dining room, Yoona can't stop giggling after stealing a glance at her lover. The weather isn't cold but Jessica wore a turtle-neck sweater in order to hide the marks left by the doe-eyed girl last night. At first, the youngest Jung was just ignoring Yoona's cutesy giggle. But when it kept on going until the dessert time, she pinched her side hard enough to make her squeak. It was too loud so it surprised even the pint-sized creatures on earth.

"Why do I feel like I'm watching a low-budget comedy show?" Mrs. Shin asked after being startled by Yoona's high-pitched cry. "What's going on here? Why are you like Tom and Jerry fighting over something in front of the dining table?"

"Nothing grandma," Jessica replied shortly. She's not in the mood to open the topic concerning her disturbed sleep pattern because of Yoona. However, the latter did talk about it in a quite 'innocent' way.

"Grandma, Jessica told me earlier that I shouldn't sleep in her room starting tonight. Do you think it's fair for her to say that? Weren't you the one who gave me the permission to sleep in her room? Her forbidding me to do it is like disobeying your order, grandma. I think you should do something about this injustice." Hearing Yoona say such things made Jessica facepalm. She's not prepared of handling a scalawag girlfriend. She's even worse than Sunny in teasing her. And much to her surprise, Mrs. Shin was also conforming with Yoona's childishness. It's like they're ganging up to further annoy her.

"Jessica, why did you forbid your girlfriend to sleep in your room? She's an important guest who deserves the warmest welcome one could ever give. It's not right for you to kick her out of her favorite spot in our house."

Jessica sighed in exasperation. She didn't expect for her grandmother to be this supportive with Yoona's childish antics. "Grandma, accommodating her in this house is already a warm welcome. Being nice to her is a warmer kind of treatment. And letting her share my room is already the warmest welcome we can give her. But I am telling you seriously right now. Last night, I became more than just a human blanket for this kid. I became her food, her canvas, and her plush toy all at the same time! That's the most searing kind of treatment I have given to my guest!"

The young photographer looked hilarious while complaining about how unusual her night became be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter