8: Lost

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Because I'm so generous, a quick update for you FFY readers ^^

 

Fixed marriage. To people like Jessie Jung who is born in a family of billionaires, fixed marriage is a common practice to maintain their wealth and to strengthen their power. Being given so much freedom since he was a child, Jessie thought that his parents are an exemption to the people who plan their children's marriage without taking into consideration what their children are going to feel. But today he was proven wrong. Albert and Krystal Jung just pretended that they're happy with his relationship with Jaekyung when they met her during his eighteenth birthday last April. It hurts him so bad to know that he cannot be with the person he truly loves. "Damn it!" he hissed, punching the mattress to release his anger. For the first time since he lived here, he felt suffocated inside the Ims' mansion.

"Jessie? Where are you going hijo? It's almost time for dinner," the grandmother asked when she saw her grandson leaving his room. He just kissed her by the cheek and left without telling her where he's going. He also ignored every person that he met along the way to the gate where he waited for a taxi to take him to a place away from his parents.

Just one press at the doorbell is all Jessie Jung needed to access a special someone's house. Because after introducing himself, the gate of the Kim's residence was automatically opened for him. Aside from a few servants, Jaekyung is the only one at home because her brother Jaehyun is still on his training as an aspiring singer, while their father is still working on their advertising company. "I'm sorry for coming without notice," the young man said after sitting beside his girlfriend who was more than happy to see him.

"It's okay. You're always welcome here anytime. Look. I'm wearing your gift for me. It's so lovely, J. I really like it a lot." Jaekyung raised her left hand to show the Cartier bracelet given by Jessie after her graduation ceremony three days ago. Jessie Jung smiled, not only because the bracelet looks great on her, but also because he admires the kind of smile Jaekyung is wearing while looking at his present.

After a moment of admiring the gold thing that graced Jaekyung's wrist, Jessie held her hand and let it palm his cheek. The warmth of her hand was enough to lessen the burden that he carries because of what his parents did with his life. "I love you," he said while staring at her. Jaekyung loves hearing those three words that never fail to make her smile.

"I love you too, J," she responded before placing a small kiss on his lips. "How are your parents? Are they coming to attend the program tomorrow?"

Mentioning his parents hurts him but Jessie faked a smile to avoid making Jaekyung worried about him. "Yes. They arrived this morning together with my grandmother. Sadly, my sister Jessica is not with them."

Jaekyung has been looking forward to meeting Jessica. Therefore, knowing that she didn't come saddens her. It made her assume that Jessica doesn't like her for her twin brother because she also ignored his invitation to come to Seoul to celebrate their eighteenth birthday. "How about your mother? Still as pretty as I remember her?" she asked to deviate her attention from the topic about Jessica.

"Yeah. My mother always look pretty even when she's tired." Jessie then paused for a moment. He's pondering whether he should tell her the truth or not. In the end, he chose the second option because he doesn't want to lie to the woman that he loves. "Jae?" he called so Jaekyung hummed in response. "My parents told me something today."

Jaekyung shifted her position so that she will be facing her boyfriend. "What is it about? Is it about your performance in school? Did they tell you that they prepared something as a reward?" Her eyes sparked with excitement and it hurts Jessie to see that because the news he has is something that will torn her heart into pieces.

"No. It's not that. I wish it was but unfortunately it wasn't." The tone of his voice made Jaekyung feel nervous. During her first dinner with Jessie and his parents, Krystal Jung looked happy to meet her. However, it was the other way around with Albert Jung. Although he was smiling while listening to Jessie's story about his girlfriend, his eyes windowed a different emotion...a different thought about Kim Jaekyung.

"Then...is it about us? Did your father tell you that he doesn't like me?" In a shaky voice, Jaekyung raise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter