7: Intertwined

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One poke on her waist is enough to make Im Yoona zone back to reality. A reality wherein she is in the blechers of the tennis court watching the practice match of the two of her crushes in school. These two official tennis players of Sirin International School are the team captain Jang Geun Suk and his vice captain Kim Sang Bum, commonly known as Kim Bum. The two of them are the most famous male members of the tennis club. And these two are also the first students Yoona has been crushing on since her first day in highschool.

"Let me guess. You've been in the dreamland again wherein the two of them are the princes trying to win your heart, right?" Moonbyul friend. Certainty is reflected in her eyes while making her guess as to why Yoona zoned out again while watching a practice match. However, the young Im didn't space out because of the usual reason her friends are aware of. It's not because of Jang Geun Suk's fierce look while striking the ball or Kim Bum's charming smile while returning the ball to his opponent. Today the reason for her spacing out is the two-day old news that her friend Jessie Jung is officially dating Kim Jaekyung.

"It's not that," Yoona belatedly replied without the usual smile her friends often see everytime they about her crush. "I'm just thinking of something else. Excuse me for a moment. I need to go to the restroom."

There's something in Yoona's expression that told Hye Sun that her bestfriend has a serious problem. Therefore after making an alibi to their friends Moonbyul and Wheein, she trailed behind Yoona who didn't go to the restroom like what she said. Instead, she went to the backyard and secretly watched Jessie and Jaekyung having a conversation while watering the plants. 

"You like him." Yoona felt like her heart nearly jumped out of her chest when she heard Hye Sun's voice behind her. She was too pre-occupied with thoughts about Jessie to even notice that her bestfriend followed her.

"Hye Sun, w-what are you doing here? Um, did you come here to talk to Jessie? Maybe you should do it some other time. He's busy talking to his girlfriend."

Hye Sun heaved a long sigh because of her friend that's feigning ignorance. "Stop pretending Yoong. Just admit that you do like him. And if I'm not mistaken, I think you like him since our classes started or probably earlier than that. Does he know? Is it the reason why you seldom talk to him even if you should be, given that you're his only friend in this school during the earlier days?"

Hye Sun's prying made Yoona feel uncomfortable. She wants to deny everything. She wanted to change the topic but this is her bestfriend talking to her. They've known each other since they were toddlers. They know the meaning of each one's expression. And they can clearly see the hidden feelings behind each other's eyes. Therefore, denying will not be helpful at all. "Yes, I like him," she admitted with all honesty to avoid disappointing her bestfriend. "I started liking him since the last week of July when I met him again after ten years. And as for your question if he knows, he doesn't. I didn't tell him that I like him."

"Why didn't you tell him? He lives in your house. You have a lot of opportunities to tell him how you feel. It's okay for a girl to tell a guy that she likes him. We're now in the twenty-first century, Yoong. Things have changed. What was once considered a taboo is now slowly being accepted by many."

Afraid to continue the conversation and be heard by the new couple, Yoona walked out but still Hye Sun followed her. "Stop following me please. I don't wanna talk about it Hye Sun. It hurts that even if we're living in the same house, it wasn't me that he liked. It wasn't me that his heart acknowledged as more than just a friend. So please stop asking me about it."

"Okay. If you're not ready to talk about it then I will not force you to say something more. But Yoong, in case you need someone to talk to, remember that I'm always here and ready to listen to you."

Yoona hugged her bestfriend tight and allowed her tears to stain her face. She is thankful that she have Hye Sun as someone she can confide to anytime.

Getting used to seeing Jessie holding his lover's hand, seeing them smiling at each other, and listening to his stories about Jaekyung took weeks for Yoona to accomplish. And even after she has considered herself as someone who has moved on from her unrequited love, she still feels a pang in her chest everytime she look at him in the eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter