After the Battle

Overwatch

“Well,” Hakyeon sighed, relaxing in his seat after shutting down the live stream he had been using to talk to several different news agencies, “now all we can do is wait and see what happens.”

“I think everything is going to be alright,” Sanghyuk said, moving to his in his husband’s lap, “we gave them undisputable proof that Overwatch was innocent. I think all we’re going to be waiting for is apologize from everyone who dragged our names through the mud.”

“I don’t really think so,” Hakyeon replied, accepting the quick kiss Sanghyuk pressed to his lips, “I don’t blame them for dragging us like that. All the information they had at the time said we were the bad guy.”

“I know,” Sanghyuk sighed, “I just…..I think about what they said back then and I remember the effect it had on you. I remember all those nights spent holding you while you cried.” Sanghyuk wrapped his arms around the other’s neck and pressed their foreheads together, “I want to hear them apologize for making you cry.”

“Baby,” Hakyeon smiled softly, “sweetie.”

The couple shared a series of sweet kisses before a thought occurred to both.

“Their reactions to finding out you were alive!” Sanghyuk giggled, “Oh my god, their faces were so funny.”

“I thought that one guy was going to pass out,” Hakyeon laughed.

“I think his mind was blown,” Sanghyuk replied, “he didn’t say anything for, like, an hour. Even then it looked like someone else in the room did something to snap it out of him.”

The pair kept laughing, enjoying the moment and feeling like, for the first time in a long time, everything was going to be alright.

A/N: I had originally planned to write about the press conference and Hakyeon revealing that he was alive, but then I started writing and I liked the idea of Sanghyuk and Hakyeon being all cute and happy after the press conference more.