New Overwatch Recruitment

Overwatch

“So,” Hakyeon asked as he looked over the files that he’d been handed, “are we sure that we can trust them?”

“Very sure,” Choa nodded, “the girls and I did a massive background check on all of them. No stone was left unturned, we can’t afford anything less.” Her eyes narrowed, “no spies for the enemy are getting into Overwatch again.”

“Are we sure that they’ll want to join us?” Taekwoon questioned, “After School has been doing just fine on their own. Why would they want to start working as part of a larger team? And according to the files, Infinite has been approached before about joining other teams. They’ve turned down everything, so why would we be any different?”

“True, we don’t know if they’ll agree or not,” Jimin shrugged, “but we have to ask. We need the numbers that they can give us.”

“We won’t know until we try,” Choa nodded in agreement, “so why not try?”

“Fine,” Hakyeon said after a moment, “see if you can get into contact with them, set up a meeting.”

“Got it, boss,” Jimin grinned brightly before hooking arms with Choa and leaving to office.

“Think they’ll join up with us?” Taekwoon wondered.

“I hope,” Hakyeon sighed, “we need the numbers.”

“So many haven’t returned,” Taekwoon nodded, recalling all of their old friends who hadn’t returned, recalling those who couldn’t return because they had been killed by their enemies.

“Let’s hope that these groups join then,” Hakyeon sighed, getting up and heading off to find his husband.

 

--

 

Three weeks later, the girls who made up the mercenary group After School moved into the base. Infinite was scheduled to show up a few days later.

“Wow,” Uee said as she looked around the base, “this is massive.”

“Not as big as the old building,” Sanghyuk shrugged as he moved to greet all of the girls, “but it works for what we need.”

“I like it,” E-Young grinned, “it’s awesome.”

“The underground base is a good strategic move,” Nana added, nodding in approval as she looked around, “who decided on that?”

“Wonho suggested it,” Shownu explained, “rest of our little group thought it was smart and went along with it. Then when we all joined back up, the boss man made the choice to move us all in here.”

“Are we going to meet this boss man?” Raina asked, “This ‘Solider’ as the media is calling him?”

“Yeah,” Sanghyuk nodded, “he wants to meet in his office once you’ve all unpacked.”

“Shame N passed,” Lizzy said, pulling Sanghyuk into a hug, “sorry to bring it up, but…..he was kind of our hero. He, and Overwatch as a whole, inspired us to try to make a positive difference in the world. We wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for him.”

“Lot of people felt the same,” Shownu said, stepping in when he noticed the flash of emotion in Sanghyuk’s eyes. Revealing the truth of Hakyeon’s survival was something the girls would find out later, no need to spill the truth just yet. Hakyeon wanted to be the one to tell them anyway.

“So where are the rooms?” Ka-Eun asked, apparently noticing the emotion in Sanghyuk’s eyes as well and rushing to change the subject, “are you guys going to lead us there? And when are we going to meet the rest of the team?”

“We’re guiding you around the base,” Sanghyuk explained, “and you’ll be properly introduced to everyone after your meeting with the boss.”

“Cool,” Uee smiled, “then lead the way, Flashback.”

“Please,” Sanghyuk grinned, “call me Sanghyuk. Cha-Han Sanghyuk.”

“Alright,” Raina grinned, “we kind of prefer using our codenames, but my real name is Oh Hyerin.”

“Kim Yujin,” Uee said.

“Im Jinah,” Nana nodded, smiling ever so slightly.

“Park Sooyoung,” Lizzy giggled happily.

“Noh Yiyoung,” E-Young said.

“And my name is Lee Kaeun,” Ka-Eun finished.

“Real name is Son Hyunwoo,” Shownu told them, “but I like my codename better, too. A few of the others are the same way.” the girls all nodded.

“Well, let’s get you to your rooms,” Sanghyuk told them, “then after you meet the boss, we’ll show you around the base and introduce you to everyone.”

“Sounds like a plan,” E-Young said.

A/N: very happy to finally be adding After School and Infinite to the cast list. Haha been sitting on those for a while, so hopefully you guys are happy with their appearance in the story (well, Infinite gets more of a mention right now, but *waves it off* minor detail). Ya know, I kind of wonder, who do you guys think returned to Overwatch? I know, but I’m curious what you all think. No, I’m not fishing for comments – not totally anyway – I’m legit curious about what is going through your heads as readers who don’t know my plans.