Battle of the Besties

Overwatch

“So,” Hongbin smiled, “you’re Wonsik.”

“And you’re Hongbin,” Wonsik replied, not smiling and not looking up from his work.

Hongbin’s smile twitched, almost dropping for a second before he caught himself. Sanghyuk had told him that Wonsik would likely be like this, he shouldn’t let it get to him. Still, he’d expected a little more warmth from the scientist.

“Sanghyuk says that you’re a genius,” Hongbin said, ignoring the silent ‘go away’ look that Wonsik sent him when he opened his mouth, “said he got his powers from your work.”

“Yes,” Wonsik nodded, eyes narrowing slightly. Hongbin almost felt a bit of pride over getting under Wonsik’s skin a little bit. That pride was quickly wiped out when he recalled Sanghyuk’s description of everything concerning that little lab accident.

“Sorry,” Hongbin apologized, “I shouldn’t have brought something like that up.”

“You’re right,” Wonsik nodded, glare lightening up ever so slightly, “you shouldn’t have.”

“I just,” the doctor struggled for words slightly, “Sanghyuk and I are friends and I was hoping that we could be friends as well. But then I came in here and you were all……well, you know how you were. It pissed me off and I said some I shouldn’t have.”

“Hmm,” Wonsik hummed, looking around as he tried to think of a response to that. He wasn’t good with words or people. He especially wasn’t good with people trying to make friends with him, forcing social interactions on him. He wasn’t anti-social or anything, he was just aware that not everyone liked the same things he liked and he tended to go on about that stuff for hours and…….and…….

“What are you working on now?” Hongbin asked. Sanghyuk had explained to him about Wonsik and his problems talking to people. If it would make Wonsik talk to him, he was fine with Wonsik going on and on about his research and experiments.

“It’s something for Sanghyuk,” Wonsik explained, “Sometimes his stuff, generally tech based stuff, gets messed up when he time jumps. That’s going to be a problem in the field with radios and junk.”

“Oh!” Hongbin smiled, “so you’re going to solve the problem before it becomes a problem. Cool.”

Wonsik smiled slightly. He could probably learn to like Hongbin. If Sanghyuk liked him, then he had to be a nice guy. That being said, if Hongbin made a move on Sanghyuk, Wonsik would destroy him with everything he had.

A couple hours later, Wonsik told Hongbin as much. The doctor laughed, assuring Wonsik he would never see Sanghyuk, or any guy for that matter, that way. It made Wonsik feel a little foolish, but Hongbin didn’t about it. Too much.

A/N: so this little piece here has been on my ‘ideas of things to write’ list for ages. Like, I think I put it down waaaaaay back when I was on, like, part 30. Haha good to see it finally crossed off. That being said, it turned out a little more friendly then I originally planned for it to be. In other news, I’m trying to work things so that this story will end at chapter 100 (although that might change, I’m not married to the idea of ending at 100 right now ‘cuz I’m not sure if I can fit everything I wanna do into the next 21 chapters).