Recall

Overwatch

Sanghyuk frowned as he walked through the halls of his home. He needed something – anything – to keep his mind busy. After walking up alone…….he sure needed something to keep his mind off of the dark thoughts.

And that was when he noticed that the door of Hakyeon’s study was open slightly.

Breathing a sigh that was one part relief, one part annoyance, and two parts ‘I’m going to kick his ’, Sanghyuk made his way over. Slowly, he opened the door a little wider and peeked around the corner of the heavy oak. After locating his husband, he was struck by a pretty strong case of nostalgia. It had been ages since Hakyeon looked so…….relaxed. Ages since he sat in the chair in his office – the one Sanghyuk had never liked because it looked ugly – and just read.

Hakyeon hadn’t done that since…….since their family was broken up.

Ever since that day, he only used his office for two things; brooding and going over whatever trails and clues he could find.

But now here he was, reading just like he had ten years ago. It seemed so…..so normal.

“Hakyeon?” Sanghyuk asked, setting inside and making his way over to his husband.

“Sanghyukkie,” Hakyeon smiled, reaching out for the younger, “what are you doing up? It’s still early.”

“I woke up and you weren’t there,” Sanghyuk replied, letting Hakyeon pull him into his lap.

“I’m sorry,” Hakyeon frowned, “I got caught up reading and didn’t notice the time.”

“Please don’t frown,” Sanghyuk panicked, not ready to see the smile slip from his lover’s face so soon. Hakyeon didn’t smile his real smile enough now and Sanghyuk missed seeing it. He loved Hakyeon’s real smile and it hurt him to see the fake smiles so often.

“Sanghyuk,” Hakyeon sighed, moving to hug Sanghyuk tightly, “I’m sorry. I know that things have been hard for you since Overwatch was disbanded and our base was blown up--.”

“I know it’s been harder for you,” Sanghyuk insisted, cutting Hakyeon off before he could finish his apology, “You were our leader. The people were calling for your head. Literally. Please, don’t apologize to me.”

“But I’ve been hurting you,” Hakyeon argued, “and I didn’t even realize it.”

“I’m not hurt,” Sanghyuk sighed, “I’m scared. I’m scared that one day I’ll wake up and you aren’t going to be there. I’m scared that someone is going to find out what you’re doing. I’m scared that……that I’m never going to have my husband back.”

“Oh Sanghyuk,” Hakyeon pressed a kiss to Sanghyuk’s forehead as they cuddled, “I’m sorry for making you feel like that.”

“I’d never be mad at you for any of it, though,” Sanghyuk pointed out, “you’re hunting down the people that forced our family apart, that made the people hate us. I wanted to help you, to fight with you, remember?”

“And I told you not to,” Hakyeon nodded, “I didn’t want you to get hurt.”

“It’s my family that was destroyed, too,” Sanghyuk sighed.

“I know.”

“But I do get why you don’t want me to help,” Sanghyuk shrugged, “I watch the news.”

“Well,” Hakyeon smiled, “I don’t think you’re going to be seeing anything about my work on the news anymore.”

“Huh?” Sanghyuk shifted so he could look at Hakyeon’s face, “what are you talking about?”

“I got a call from Wonsik,” Hakyeon grinned, “an emergency recall.”

“Really?” Sanghyuk asked, eyes wide with hope.

They had agreed when Overwatch was being disbanded that there should be some kind of emergency recall put into place. The world might not have believed that they were needed, but they all knew that the day would come when they would be. That button, along with files about the locations of each Overwatch agent, had been left in the hands of Wonsik. After all, he was kind of the head of their group’s science and technologies division, he was kind of a genius, why shouldn’t he be put in charge of this?

“He feels that things have gotten so bad that we have to act,” Hakyeon nodded, “looks like our family is coming back together.”

A/N: so I was watching a bunch of Overwatch videos the other day and the one for Soldier: 76 got my mind spinning with ideas. I ended up writing this and a couple of others which will be up in the next few days. There’s gonna be some heavy inspiration from the game (no , right?), but I’m adding my own spin on things overall. OH! any guess about who Sanghyuk's gonna be? I mean, since Hakyeon is Soldier: 76 it only fixs to make Sanghyuk someone.