Confrontation

Overwatch

It had taken a couple of days to track Sungah down. She’d done a rather good job of covering her tracks, but it simply wasn’t good enough to beat all of Overwatch’s members who were looking for her. It had been NCT and Rainbow who had actually caught her, though. They’d held her until Hakyeon could send a team to collect her. The team had arrived within a few hours and was quickly on their way back to base for questioning, NCT and Rainbow tagging along since this was something they needed to be there for.

“Tell us why!” Taekwoon demanded, trying and failing to keep his anger under control.

Looking at Sungah sitting before him, handcuffed to the table and looking down, filled him with so much rage that he just could not control it. He looked at the traitor and his mind was filled with everything bad that she had helped cause.

He remembered reporters talking about how horrible Overwatch was.

He remembered the protests around the world, the people demanding Overwatch be disbanded.

He remembered finding Hakyeon’s limp form in the rubble of their old base.

He remembered watching Sanghyuk break as they all waited outside the operating room.

He remembered the funeral.

He remembered his family leaving one by one.

He remembered traveling around, looking for clues, only to find that someone was hunting down their family and killing them one after another.

He remembered everything!

“Tell us why you betrayed us!” Taekwoon growled, his control slipping more every minute he was in the room.

“Taekwoon,” Hakyeon said, putting a hand on Taekwoon’s shoulder and hoping that the other understood the comforting act to be just that, “why don’t you go outside?”

“Hakyeon,” Taekwoon started to agree, but Shownu was already pushing him outside.

“We got this,” Shownu assured him, “don’t worry. Let us handle this.”

“Fine,” Taekwoon sighed, resigned to the idea.

Shownu flashed him a quick smile before shutting the door.

“Now,” Hakyeon said when it was just him, Choa, Shownu, and Sungah, “would you like to tell us why you betrayed us?”

Sungah remained silent.

“We can always find out on our own,” Hakyeon told her, “it wouldn’t even be hard. We took everything you had in your apartment. All of your hard drives, your phones, letters, and anything else that could possibly explain why you did what you did or how involved you were in everything that happened.”

“They had my creator,” Sungah finally said, “I couldn’t let her be hurt or killed.” She sighed, “I picked the family I had with her over the family I had with you.”

“Did you get your creator back?” Shownu asked, a slight bite in his tone, “Was it worth it?”

“I got her back safe and sound,” Sungah nodded, “and I can’t tell you if it was worth it.”

“How can he be so calm?” Sungkyu asked, watching the interrogation via security cameras like everyone else, “this is the person who….who……I wouldn’t be that calm if I was in his shoes.”

“Hakyeon’s spent ten years thinking about this moment,” Sanghyuk spoke up, “if he was letting his angry take control, I’d be surprised.”

A/N: I wasn’t 100% sure how to end this one, but I’m ok with where I ended up ending it.