Fallout

Overwatch

“To be honest,” Sanghyuk frowned, “we probably should have expected this to happen.”

“I know,” Hakyeon sighed, “but I had hoped that we’d be welcomed back with more warmth then this.”

The pair fell silent, returning their attention to the news station where a panel of five was debating the return of Overwatch. The panel was pretty split on the matter; half felt that Overwatch’s return was well overdue, the other half felt like Overwatch should have stayed dead, and the final panel member wasn’t at all sure one way or the other.

“We can’t just forget why Overwatch was disbanded!” one of the anti-Overwatch panel members cried, “They did things that they should not be forgiven for.”

“Those acts were committed by the Black Ops unit,” one of the pro-Overwatch women argued, “Kim Junsu said many times that the Black Ops units worked separate from the Overwatch. N had no say in what they did, in what missions they were given.”

“Excuses!” the other anti cried.

“Turn it off,” Sanghyuk did as requested, tossing the remote away once the TV fell silent.

“It doesn’t matter,” Sanghyuk told his husband after a long silence.

“Huh?” Hakyeon asked.

“What they think,” Sanghyuk explained, “it doesn’t matter. We’re here, Overwatch isn’t going away this time. They’re just going to have to get over their feelings and learn to trust us.”

“Yeah,” Hakyeon sighed, leaning to rest his head on Sanghyuk’s shoulder, “hopefully we’ll be able to prove ourselves to them quickly. I don’t want to have to listen to this kind of crap again.”

A/N: honestly, I think ‘We’re Back’ ended a bit too hopeful. Ya gotta remember, Overwatch ended because no one trusted them. Because people thought they were bad guys. It’s only natural that there would be just as many people who distrust them as trust them upon their return.