You Go and I Follow

Overwatch

“So,” Sanghyuk ask after hearing Junsu, Yoochun, and Jaejoong out, “how are you even doing this? I mean, something like this requires funding, right? Not to mention connections to find people like me and Wonsik.”

“Not many people know about us,” Wonsik nodded. Excluding family, Wonsik could probably count on one hand the amount of people who knew about what he and Sanghyuk could do.

“Junsu is funding everything,” Yoochun explained, “he’s got enough money to do it and the moral compass to, well, do something like this.”

“Yoochun and I have the connections to find people like you two,” Jaejoong added, “Junsu has connections, too. But…..they aren’t like ours.”

“Alright,” Sanghyuk nodded, “and if we join……then what? I mean, I get we’ll be trying to save everyone and stop the Omnic Crisis, but…..what about other stuff? Like money. My paycheck doesn’t support just me. I’m supporting my mother, too. Without me, she’s out of house and home.”

“And I can’t just leave my work,” Wonsik added, “or my lab.”

“We’ve got plans for that,” Junsu assured him, “whatever you need, we’ll get it. Money? A personal lab with all the bells and whistles? Highest grade materials to build things? Top of the line weapons and armor? A place to sleep and food to eat? We’ll provide it all. I have the money to pay for it. And I have a couple of friends willing to pay for things once we’re up and running.”

“You’ve spent a lot of time on this,” Sanghyuk smiled slightly, “haven’t you?”

“The past couple of years,” Junsu nodded, “we want the bloodshed to end.”

“Innocent lives are being lost each day,” Jaejoong scowled, “and we’re ashamed that it’s taken us this long to get our plan to this point.”

“Well,” Sanghyuk told the three, “I know I want to help you.”

“Really?” Junsu grinned, his friend mirroring his reaction.

“What?” Wonsik gasped, “Sanghyuk….?”

“I want to help stop the violence,” Sanghyuk said, “like you, I’m in a position where I can help. Where I’m one of the best people to help. To turn this chance down……to do nothing………….….I’m going to help.”

“I’m so happy to hear that,” Junsu smiled, “but are you sure you don’t want to think about this more? Joining our group……going on missions……you could end up badly hurt. You could even be killed.”

“I’m sure,” Sanghyuk assured the billionaire, “I want to do this.”

“I want to do this, too,” Wonsik quickly spoke up, “Sanghyuk is right, we can’t just sit on our hands and do nothing. Not when we’re….when we’re like this.”

“Wonsik,” Sanghyuk frowned slightly, knowing that Wonsik wasn’t being totally truthful about his reasons for joining.

“Thank you,” Junsu smiled, “thank you.”

A/N: who wants to bet that next I’m gonna do Hakyeon and Taekwoon’s “come join Overwatch” experience? Hahaha well, that’s the plan anyway. No promise that it’s actually gonna turn out that way. I write whatever comes into my head, remember? And I’m a bit of a fickle .