Rest

Overwatch

Hakyeon bit back a yawn, trying to keep his footsteps light as could be. It wouldn’t do to wake up Sanghyuk. Especially when he had blood all over his cloths – some his, most not. The sight would only upset his husband and Hakyeon couldn’t stand to see him looking pained. Actually, Hakyeon wasn’t sure what that look in Sanghyuk’s eyes was when he caught sight of Hakyeon covered in blood. It was like he was someplace else.

Sometimes, Hakyeon wondered if he was remembering accidents that had happened during their Overwatch days. Other times, he thought it might be related to the bomb that almost killed him. He really hoped he was wrong about that. The bomb, the almost death, and the fake funeral had really messed Sanghyuk up for a while. Hakyeon hated the idea of doing anything that might cause those horrible days to make a return.

Hakyeon made it to the laundry room and dumped his cloths in the wash. For a moment he considered turning everything on and getting it clean before Sanghyuk woke up but quickly dismissed the thought. The noise would just wake the other and he’d come looking for answers. It was better to leave everything for now and comeback later. Sanghyuk had mentioned needing to wash some cloths, so he could use that as a cover. Play the part of the helpful husband and offer to do the wash for him.

Silent as could be, Hakyeon made his way to their bedroom and peeked inside. A soft smile took over his face as he watched Sanghyuk sleep, face half hidden in Hakyeon’s pillow that he was hugging. The sight pulled at Hakyeon’s heart strings something fierce.

Hakyeon moved to Sanghyuk’s side of the bed, slipping under the covers and wrapping his arms around Sanghyuk.

“Hmm,” Sanghyuk hummed softly, the corners of his mouth pulling up slightly.

“Are you awake?” Hakyeon whispered, frowning slightly. This wouldn’t be the first time Sanghyuk had stayed up waiting for him to get back, faking sleep so Hakyeon didn’t feel bad.

“Yeah,” Sanghyuk replied, opening his eyes and turning slightly so he could face his husband, “you tripped in the kitchen and that woke me up.”

“Ah,” Hakyeon frowned, his toes aching slightly at the memory of the event, “did you move the kitchen table?”

“Left a chair out,” Sanghyuk smirked slightly, “revenge for breaking your promise to stay in tonight and rest.”

“I got a tip,” Hakyeon tried to defend himself, “I couldn’t stay home tonight. I’ll stay tomorrow.”

“Heard that one before,” Sanghyuk rolled his eyes, “never seems to work out that way.”

“I’m sorry,” Hakyeon apologized, feeling horrible for upsetting Sanghyuk like this. Seemed like that was all he was good for anymore in regards to his marriage.

“Make it up to me by taking the day off work and staying here in bed with me,” Sanghyuk told him, “and the night, too.”

“Alright,” Hakyeon nodded, reminding himself that one night off wouldn’t hurt anything. Sanghyuk was right, the new leads could wait. Right now he needed rest and his loving husband.

A/N: the end isn’t 100% what I wanted, but over all I like this. Turned out a little longer then I thought it would. Sorry it took so long for this update guys, thing are kind of…….happening (?) in my life. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. I’m on medication and I’m talking to a pro. Haha that’s kind of why has been so crazy for me; trying to get all the pieces in place so that I can get better takes a wee bit of time and leaves you feeling super drained.