Maybe A Couple

Overwatch

“Hey,” Hongbin said, poking his head into Sana’s room, “you free?”

“Yeah,” she replied, putting down the book she’d been reading, “Why? What’s going on?”

“Double date,” he replied, “us, Hakyeon, and Sanghyuk.”

“Wait,” Sana held up a hand, “isn’t this, like, their first date? Shouldn’t they be, I don’t know, alone?”

“That’s what I was thinking,” he sighed, “but Sanghyuk wants a buffer or whatever. He’s nervous as hell.”

“I get that,” she nodded in understanding, “Where are we going? Should I change into something nicer?”

“You look good as is,” Hongbin shrugged, “Sanghyuk said it was just a bite to eat and a movie.”

“What’s the weather like?” Sana asked, hesitating to grab her coat, “it’s…..September now, right? So a light coat would probably be smart.”

“How can you forget what month this is?” Hongbin laughed, helping her put on her coat, “and it’s September fifth, yeah.”

“I’ve been busy, alright?” she huffed, no real anger in her words, “it feels like the days are just flying by too fast for me to keep track.”

“Not wrong,” he laughed, throwing an arm around Sana’s shoulders and leading her to the front doors where Hakyeon and Sanghyuk were waiting.

The date went well. Sanghyuk and Hakyeon got on like a house on fire, not that anyone was surprised by that. The pair had been friends before the whole ‘Hakyeon likes Wonsik and Sanghyuk likes him’ mess. Heck, Sana had once told Hongbin about a betting pool the tech department had going regarding how long it would take Sanghyuk and Hakyeon to start dating. He was tempted to ask her if she knew what had happened to that bet. If he was lucky, maybe he’d won some money.

Hongbin watched the couple as they all made their way to Hakyeon’s civilian vehicle as the night drew to a close. They did look good together, darn near perfect in fact. So much so that Hongbin felt a little bit envious. He wanted to have what they had, what he knew they would have in time.

“Hey,” Sana said, suddenly grabbing his arm, “what’s up?”

“Huh?” he blinked at her.

“You stopped,” she explained, “so is something wrong?”

“Nah,” he quickly assured her, “nothing’s wrong. I just got lost in my thoughts.”

“About?” Sana asked, the look on her face making it clear that she wasn’t going to let the subject drop.

“I want what they have,” Hongbin admitted, “what they’re going to have one day.”

“Ah,” she nodded in understanding, giving the couple a longing look, “I know what you mean.” Sana turned back to him and smiled, “we’ll find our perfect matches someday though, so don’t worry about it.”

“Yeah,” Hongbin nodded, smiling slightly, “one day.”

“Until then we have each other,” Sana laughed, “wanna hit up a bar tomorrow night? Thursday is ladies night, so I’m sure you’ll be able to find someone willing to go home with you.”

“If not,” Hongbin laughed, “I’ve always got you.”

A/N: this isn’t exactly how I wanted things to turn out. I wanted just a little bit more Sana-Hongbin, like just enough to hint at feelings being there. But then again this is more towards the start of their sort-of-not-really-maybe dating status, so……..in a way it’s kind of perfect as is.